Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Image result for property brothers honeymoon house

Image result for exterior of Drew's honeymoon house in LA

Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Have you watched the episodes of Property Brothers where they are transforming Drew’s L.A. 1921 fixer upper home which he will share with his fiancee Linda Phan? I have been watching episodes back to back tonight as I baked goodies and decorated gingerbread houses (at least one of which you will NEVER lay eyes on because…oh, lord, I needed the Property Brothers to come to the rescue…the walls caved in!)

Drew’s Honeymoon House is the latest project by HGTV’s The Property Brothers, who are known for their bold home renovations for lucky homeowners around the globe…this time around, they are renovating for themselves.

While the LA mansion purchased for $2.3 million is to be Drew and Linda’s newlywed home, if you saw my post the other day, you’ll know the Property Brothers created a special guest suite for Jonathan, who is Drew’s twin.

We have also been exploring the home decor in the living room and entry in Drew’s Honeymoon House, and many of the pieces used in those eclectic spaces have already sold out!

The Property Brothers completely redesigned and remodeled this 1921 charmer in the Hancock Park/Windsor Park neighborhood of  LA., and somehow managed to transform it in just 12 weeks! Oh that we could all have a magic genie like that for our reno projects! You can catch all the episodes on HGTV.

While Drew and Linda’s interior design style within the European inspired manse is eclectic, bold, and not what I may have envisioned, there are plenty of beautiful home decor ideas and interior design lessons within it that I think you’ll have an opinion about.

(As I type this, I’m sipping zin and still watching, oohing, and ahhing as they tackle more rooms as they race to finish the entire home in 12 weeks.) What an undertaking! I’m sharing dramatic before and afters of a few of the interiors and including sources for some of the pretty home decor.

This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.

Drew and Linda's honeymoon home living room before picture #DrewsHoneymoonHouse

B E F O R E …(Living Room) Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Image result for property brothers honeymoon house living room #DrewsHoneymoonHouse

A F T E R… (Living Room) Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Drew and Linda honeymoon house guest bedroom before picture #PropertyBrothers

B E F O R E… (Upstairs Guest Room) Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Drew and Linda honeymoon house guest bedroom after #DrewsHoneymoonhouse

A F T E R… Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Drew honeyomoon house powder room before picture

B E F O R E (Powder Room)…Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Gotta love how Linda Phan saved some of this original poodle wallpaper and had it printed on pillows for her craft room!

Drew honeymoon house powder room

A F T E R…Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Isn’t this wallpaper killer? Keep reading to find the source.

Drew honeymoon house living room with green chairs

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Shopping Resource Guide

Drew's Honeymoon House Entry and Stairway

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House +Shopping Resource Guide

Drew's Honeymoon House: Deep blue painted and paneled den

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Shopping Resource Guide

Exuberant Prints Queen Of Spain 3' x 49" Wallpaper Roll

Queen of Spain Wallpaper  Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Deep blue painted and paneled den with pocket doors

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Shopping Resource Guide

Drew's Honeymoon House - Dining room with builtins

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Shopping Resource Guide

Drew's honeymoon home dining room and kitchen with herringbone wood floor

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Shopping Resource Guide

Drew's honeymoon home black and white kitchen

Before and After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Shopping Resource Guide

Hendo 1-Light Pendant

Brass Pendant   Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

Abacus 24" Bar Stool

Bar Stool  Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

3-Piece Cloche Set

Mona Cloche Set   Before & After: Drew’s Honeymoon House + Sources

CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE GIVING YOURSELF JUST 12 WEEKS TO COMPLETE A RENO PROJECT OF THIS MAGNITUDE? Because, here we are, two and a half years into our own DIY whole house renovation, and gearing up for more reno (shhhhhhh, we’re creating another bathroom in the lower level!).

My favorite part of the renovation thus far is the spacious kitchen with its classic decor scheme of black, white, and brass. The space is bathed in natural light, and when I can find them, I’ll share more pics of the beautiful showstopping range that sets the tone. I’ll also research the tile and flooring used in these spaces in case you wish to get the same look in your own home.

For even more exact home decor and shopping resources from Drew’s Honeymoon House, see these posts:

Shop Drew’s Honeymoon House Kitchen & Dining Room

Shop Drew’s Honeymoon House Guest Rooms

Shop Drew’s Honeymoon House – Jonathan’s Guest Suite

Shop Drew’s Honeymoon House Living Room & Entry

If you’re a Property Brothers groupie, you may want to take these stories for a spin:

New Orleans (Bedrooms & Baths)

New Orleans (Living Rooms)

New Orleans (Kitchens)

~michele

p.s.

Curious about Drew Scott? Here’s a little more background informing us what he has been up to that I found in internetland:

Drew and his fiancée, Linda Phan, filmed a five-episode chronicle of the 12-week remodel of their home in Los Angeles. The show, Property Brothers at Home: Drew’s Honeymoon House, aims to have all the renovations done in time for the couple’s wedding rehearsal dinner. Jonathan and JD participated in the project. The program is premiered on November 22, 2017 on HGTV, and on November 27 on HGTV Canada. In conjunction with the show, the couple will star in Wedding Crafts with Linda, a web series in which they demonstrate do-it-yourself wedding-themed crafts, including party menus, cocktails, rehearsal dinner invitations, table centerpieces, and wedding favors. The 11-part series began on November 15, and will be featured on HGTV’s Facebook and Instagram pages. He and Linda also appeared on the cover of People magazine the week of the show’s premiere, capping off what HGTV called Drew’s “best week ever.”

Great American Country’s end-of-the-year Top 50 Country Countdown reached out to the brothers to host the annual program on December 22, 2013. Along with Nancy O’Dell, he and Jonathan co-hosted the 2014 Rose Parade, and co-hosted again in 2015 with Josh Temple. The twins appear as chef’s table guests in the sixteenth season of Hell’s Kitchen where Drew sat with Melissa Rivers in the blue kitchen while Jonathan sat with Ashley Greene in the red kitchen. They also design a house for the models on America’s Next Top Model. On March 29, 2016, Drew and Jonathan were guest presenters at the Grand Ole Opry.

1. Terrye
    December 28, 2017 / 8:26 am

Why, oh why, did they change the living room fire place from a charming original feature to a flat wall with a mirror that reflects nothing .

• December 28, 2017 / 9:23 pm

Hi Terrye. Wondering if the ‘mirror’ is a TV that doubles as a mirror when not on. I agree with you that the fireplace was charming and didn’t need to be demo’d. Maybe there was a code issue and it had to go?

2. December 28, 2017 / 8:58 am

Pretty amazing and I liked the living room even before the redo! The powder room steals the show though, so dramatic ❤️

• December 28, 2017 / 9:22 pm

That powder room is so cool, but I agree with Terrye that the living room fireplace was worth leaving alone!

3. December 28, 2017 / 9:26 am

What??? They didn’t keep the window air conditioner??? Ha, ha.
    I have been watching all the episodes the past few weeks. My favorite in all the remodel is the curved kitchen window. I bet that spurs more of those in projects in 2018. I thought too much of the furnishings were from Joss and Main their sponsor and was wondering if J&M gave those items to them or was staging. Always curious about the financing of their projects and who pays for what. I was surprised at how much rotted wood they found in the floors and the bad condition of the overall house. They sure made their forever house fabulous.

• December 28, 2017 / 9:21 pm

I am behind on the episodes since we don’t have cable in Arizona. I’m sure they have partnered with J&M and will sell a lot of furniture for them! 🙂

4. Phyllis Cooper Thomason
    December 28, 2017 / 10:29 am

You mentioned the beautiful range but where’s the picture?

• December 28, 2017 / 9:18 pm

Not sure where it went! And finding it hard to locate a pic online–a conspiracy! 🙂

5. patty
    December 30, 2017 / 10:47 pm

I love the wall lights on the patio, of Drew’s honeymoon house, is there a way to find out where to buy them?

• December 30, 2017 / 10:54 pm

Hi Patty. The Property Brothers partnered with Joss & Main, and while I don’t know if this is the light you’re referring to, their Drusilla Outdoor Wall Lantern may have been used as wall lighting. Find it here: http://shrsl.com/ppum. Let me know if you are referring to a different fixture. 🙂

6. Dana
    December 31, 2017 / 10:21 am

Do you know the source of the blue/white grass cloth wallpaper in one of the guest bedrooms?

• December 31, 2017 / 1:06 pm

Hi Dana. I have a post in the hopper about the guest rooms and will hopefully be able to find that for you. Happy New Year! 🙂

7. January 1, 2018 / 5:33 pm

I’d love to know the source of the gray and white grass cloth wallpaper in the bedroom. Thanks so much!

• January 1, 2018 / 7:57 pm

I’ll look into it, Holly. Thanks so much for engaging with this post! 🙂

• January 1, 2018 / 11:11 pm

Hi again, Holly. I just completed a post about the guest bedrooms at Drew’s house, and the link for the Celerie Kemble designed wallcovering is: http://shrsl.com/ps1b

8. Kelly
    January 6, 2018 / 4:16 pm

Hi I was wondering what the name is of the wall paper and also designer of the batheroom in the art room.

• January 6, 2018 / 7:55 pm

Hi Kelly. I’ll look into it. Thanks for reading. 🙂

• Kelly
        January 17, 2018 / 6:58 am

Hi Michele, no luck ?

• January 17, 2018 / 8:57 am

Thanks for reminding me! That lemon wallpaper in craft room is here (my affiliate link): http://shrsl.com/qmqy. Can you clarify your question about the bathroom in the craft room? The designers involved were the Property Brothers. 🙂

• Kelly
            January 23, 2018 / 8:48 am

Hi yes there is a bathroom attached to the craft room and it has palm leafs or ferns wallpaper I wanted to know who makes that wall paper

• January 23, 2018 / 10:18 am

Hi Kelly. I’m airing the post for the resource guide to the craft room later this week. The wallcovering is Ashford Tropics Bali Leaves, and my affiliate link to it is: http://shrsl.com/qun9. Thanks for reading and your patience! 🙂

9. Kathy
    January 13, 2018 / 12:09 pm

Do you know the name of the backsplash tile in the kitchen?

• January 13, 2018 / 1:18 pm

Hi Kathy. I’m searching and searching but haven’t found a source yet so maybe one of our interior designer readers will be able to help us out. What is so different about it is that it’s not simply a beveled edge, but more of a recessed type of field tile you don’t see often. I’ll keep digging. xox

• January 17, 2018 / 8:59 am

I got it for you! It’s from Walker Zanger: Studio Moderne SM Ecru Gloss Marquis. Hope this helps!

10. Mj Shaw
    January 22, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Hi do you know what color the den is painted?

• January 22, 2018 / 9:42 pm

I sure do. That post with the den/office’s resources is in the hopper and will air very soon. The color is FARROW AND BALL’S HAGUE BLUE. Isn’t it fantastic? I need to do create a post with rooms using that paint! 🙂

11. Sheri
    February 6, 2018 / 9:53 am

I want to know where to purchase the wall tiles in the kitchen

12. Cyndi
    February 16, 2018 / 6:33 pm

On the HGTV Magazine, March cover with the reno, there are the brothers, a brown leather chair, and a lovely teal decorative pillow. Someone, please tell me where I can get that pillow.

• February 17, 2018 / 12:38 am