My Home Renovation: Hello Lovely Fixer Upper {week 36}

Cottage style bedroom in fixer upper - Hello Lovely Studio

It continues…this cottage makeover adventure has
reached the 9 month mark, and, yes, contractions are
feeling more painful…what exactly is being born?

Fixer Upper on Hello Lovely Studio - week 36

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

Lots of new everything: heating, cooling, flooring, plumbing…

Herringbone carrera marble shower floor under construction - Hello Lovely Studio

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

A smart and modern kitchen (still in need of pretty touches).

White kitchen in Hello Lovely Studio Fixer Upper

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

Hello Lovely Studio fixer upper kitchen with marble subway tile wall
no styling here…the clutter of daily life, kids.

A dining room/library with french doors.

Original abstract seascape paintings by Michel of Hello Lovely Studio

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

A plethora of gallery white walls ready for their art.

Succulent artwork by Eileen Lopez on Hello Lovely studio

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

(Mixed media piece with handmade succulents
and linen buttons by amazing artist friend Eileen!)

Herringbone marble mosaic tile shower floor under construction - Hello Lovely

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

A shower in the master bath with marble
herringbone floor and a special little
window which will be covered by
salvaged vintage leaded glass.

Shower niche under construction - Hello Lovely Studio

Herringbone marble mosaic shower floor under construction - Hello Lovely Studio

Shower under construction in fixer upper - Hello Lovely Studio

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

A newly configured master bath where one’s attention

is drawn to something more than an improper black throne.

before

Romantic French inspired white master bathroom - Hello Lovely Studio

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

A fresh, spa-like bath emerging…

before

Marble topped vanity in master bathroom - Hello Lovely Studio

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

after (clawfoot tub…almost plumbed and ready.)

A master bedroom on the cusp of completion.
(baseboards in! outlets working! decor evolving!)

before

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper - Week 36

in progress

Hello Lovely Fixer Upper – Week 36

We are hoping to achieve Patina Farm serenity in this bedroom.

(I make the prayer bead necklaces with powdery glass tribal
beads from Ghana and my religious amulet collection.)

Plenty more projects!
Yet we are loving this downsized place and most of
the process of nurturing it to revive and restore it.

What’s next?
My studio, a lower level bedroom & family room.
Then we will turn attention to decor
and sprucing up the outdoor areas, beginning
with the courtyard entry which is forlorn and neglected.
* * *
Do you still have a life?
Sort of.
I am busy with spiritual formation studies,
making time for silence, stillness, solitude,
creating art, and a secret new project in the desert.

The transforming work of Grace to my soul is not unlike
this renovation journey which began with demo
and dismantling to prepare for something brand new.

I am learning so much, and I love to learn!

My vintage Royal typewriter - Hello Lovely Studio

This 1940s beauty came home with me from an antique shop, and it’s the model
Hemingway used…good enough for me.

Hopefully I will have images of beautiful interiors
to share with you in the next update. I so appreciate
all of the support you provide as the challenges
of renovating age us keep us on our toes.

Please come join me
in this DIY adventure by
clicking here for all my fixer upper update posts!

(And thanks for subscribing here so you don’t miss an episode.)

Thanks so much, and peace to you right where you are.

~michele

1. April 1, 2016 / 5:08 pm

Michele I am so thrilled for you when I scroll through these pictures! Is it really only 36 weeks?! And such classic design choices… I love the direction of your serene, peaceful home that's been inspired by Patina Farm. I recently saw those photos of their place again and the entire farm is amazing for it's simple beauty.
    I have to smile when I see the peek at your master bedroom. I'm just now working on mine and I can't believe how similar our tastes are….please share more of that creamy, lush room! I'm heading out to get a new sander for my newly installed door casings thank you for inspiring me. I'm so amazed by all your progress, you guys make a great reno team! 🙂
    Leslie

• April 1, 2016 / 9:41 pm

ha! only 36 weeks. i wish i could say the whole place is approaching patina farm style…just our bedroom for now! p.s. please convince my husband we need a farm. 🙂

2. April 1, 2016 / 7:11 pm

Lovely x3!!! You have such a way with words,life and interiors. I love your ways!!! It is all looking serene like YOU!!!

• April 1, 2016 / 9:42 pm

thanks, friend. just muddling through over here and watching you methodically tackle each corner of your beautiful new home!

3. April 1, 2016 / 9:01 pm

Everything is just perfect Michele and I'm sure you are over the moon about all this:) It's so much work but worth every bit of effort put forth. Your powder room is definitely feeling like a spa and I like your kitchen! xo

• April 1, 2016 / 9:43 pm

haha! thanks. we actually don't have a powder room! this downsizer has only 2 full baths. so you're seeing part of the partially done master bath in those photos.

4. April 1, 2016 / 9:30 pm

What a beautiful home you're creating!

• April 1, 2016 / 9:43 pm

thanks for reading, elizabeth.

5. April 1, 2016 / 11:34 pm

It's all so beautiful, Michele! You truly have a designer's artistic eye – and I love the way you bring it to fruition! The soft, dreamy feel of every room is just breathtaking. I can hardly wait to see the final reveal of your new abode! 🙂

xoxo laurie

• April 2, 2016 / 3:55 pm

thanks, laurie. come visit me anytime!

6. April 2, 2016 / 5:47 am

Beautiful. It takes a long time to renovate, so much happening underneath the surface before fruition. xoxo Su

• April 2, 2016 / 3:56 pm

exactly. and that underneath the surface stuff is expensive and not nearly as fun as decor. thanks for stopping!

7. April 2, 2016 / 2:55 pm

It is coming along beautifully my friend you should be so happy!! xo K

8. April 2, 2016 / 9:56 pm

Michele, I love seeing your post pop up in my feed. Your talents inspire me! Your beautiful and serene home is going to be wonderful once finished, keep the faith.

I love your prayer beads and your paintings.

Have a wonderful weekend.

• April 3, 2016 / 5:25 am

you're a gem, elizabeth. thank you.

9. April 2, 2016 / 10:02 pm

Dear Michele, It is certainly my idea of perfection to soothe the soul. Your studio will be wonderful! It is so fun to watch along on your journey!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Featuring Artist Scott McBee

• April 3, 2016 / 5:26 am

dying to make the studio more functional and pretty! thanks!

10. April 3, 2016 / 1:01 pm

Hello Michele! Such beautiful details and the progress is so inspirational. You are creating such a lovely environment and all hands involved receive loudly shouted "KUDOS"! Thank you for sharing your progress and the gorgeous images with us – it is a treat to follow along with you.
    JoanMarie

• April 3, 2016 / 11:03 pm

so lucky to have you cheering us on! merci, friend.

11. April 4, 2016 / 8:23 pm

It's all coming together so beautifully as we all knew it would. You have impecable taste… I am inspired by you once again❤️

• April 8, 2016 / 2:39 pm

i'm so flattered. thank you, M.

12. Caroline
    November 7, 2017 / 8:22 am

Any chance you would share where you found the herringbone for your shower pan?