A Paris Apartment We Rented {Lovely Finds}

Paris…where we celebrated anniversary 25
in 2012 with a few days at the Park Hyatt Vendome
and a week in this apartment close to Notre Dame.

**You can plainly see, I am taking a diversion
from the exhaustive Le reno today
and strolling down memory lane instead
since this site aims to be
H e l l o   L o v e l y
and not
Reno Hell’s Unlovely.

Allow me to escort you through our sweet one-bedroom escape

one block from the Seine and just across the river

from Notre Dame Cathedral.

Enter through these gorgeous blue doors, s’il vous plait…

And let’s bypass the lift and take the stairs, oui?
To walk off macaron calories.

Three sets of lovely french doors lead to the balcony from which

we happily observed some energetic protest marches!

Roomy for Paris standards (600 square feet).

A simple and smart floorplan,

and bonus (!)…a desk (see above right)

with a Mac for planning excursions.

There is a grocery right across the street,

so we brought home ingredients for salads

and light dishes, enjoying several meals right here.

The petite kitchen with a view to charming rooftops:

A sea of white tile, European appliances, and a washer/dryer.

The bedroom was pretty and comfortable,
and at one point the bed resembled
this after fun vide grenier-ing:

A smart modern bathroom, and if you must have

the poshest bath, do read about my stay at the Park Hyatt.

At twilight.

The apartment is in a typical Haussmanian building:

Care to live like a Parisian here?
Book it with Haven in Paris.

Paris is a mysterious creature
(Lord knows I’m not the first to notice),
and someday I will reveal more about
how the mystique played with me.

Merci for following along!

1. April 7, 2016 / 2:39 am

Happy 25th! Paris is the best place to celebrate, and the accommodations are wonderful. Enjoy and congratulations. Such a charming area. Last August, we celebrated our 25th a month early in Paris in the Rue Claire. xo Su

• April 7, 2016 / 1:17 pm

thanks, su. I went back and edited the post to reflect this trip was in '12! but thanks! 28 yrs now. 🙂

2. April 7, 2016 / 1:06 pm

Lovely indeed! I have been to paris every year for over 30 years and I never get tired of it. I love seeing the same things and trying new things. I have bookmarked this post so perhaps the next time we can check out this cute apartment. Have a wonderful day!

• April 7, 2016 / 1:19 pm

oh my, Elizabeth! so romantic!

3. April 7, 2016 / 2:55 pm

Michele this is lovely beyond! The perfect spot to stay and enjoy the magic of Paris!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

4. April 7, 2016 / 7:44 pm

You look beautiful in Paris, what a perfect place to rest your soul on, everything that surrounds you is so perfectly you Michele.
    A happy anniversary to you and your guy! Happy 25th

See you soon

Xx
    Bisous

Dore

• April 10, 2016 / 4:32 pm

bisous and hugs to you, dore.

5. April 7, 2016 / 10:00 pm

What a beautiful and romantic anniversary destination, and so perfectly French.

• April 10, 2016 / 4:33 pm

romance everywhere mixed with so much mystery. thanks for reading!

6. April 8, 2016 / 12:02 am

Yes! I remember this trip and I believe it was the same year that we (also) went to celebrate our 30th. We were supposed to visit Italy in the Fall but several smaller trips this summer have eaten up our vacation time. Hopefully we will get there next year. We DO want to visit France again ~ the countryside;) Thanks for the walk down memory lane!

• April 10, 2016 / 4:34 pm

i too want to take in the countryside next visit–maybe the dordogne region. i remember your trip that year! xox

7. April 9, 2016 / 11:44 am

This just might be one of my favorite posts of yours…GREAT pic of you on the balcony. What a total Parisian charmer, you had me at that so gorgeous blue door! Even the staircase is amazing:) What fun…and 25 years is indeed something to shout from the rooftops about!!!! Makes me want to go back sooooo much! Nothing quite like Paris. Enjoy your weekend pretty lady.

• April 10, 2016 / 4:35 pm

merci, tina. we ended up with almost no shots of each other in paris! too much beauty to capture otuside of us. 🙂

8. April 11, 2016 / 12:22 am

So very very lovely. Thank you for letting visit Paris through your eyes. Just what I needed on this Sunday evening.

9. April 11, 2016 / 12:23 am

10. April 15, 2016 / 10:25 pm

Hello, GORGEOUS! You and the apartment 🙂 Ahhhh, Paris' grand architecture! One of my favorite cities. Your apartment is bright and beautiful. Would love to stay there myself.
    Cheers