Timeless European Country House Tour: White Done Right

Your daily dose of lovely interior design inspiration has arrived with a Timeless European Country House Tour: White Done Right. This gallery celebrates a Houston home on the market with interiors that take my breath away. French antiques, beautiful white, romantic lighting, and weathered finishes harmonize while they whisper understated bliss.

Timeless European Country House Tour: White Done Right

Let’s revisit a house tour of a beautiful home on the market built in 2008 (Southampton Homes) and located in Houston’s Museum District. Oh, my, are you ready to move in…because I could begin enjoying these sunny interiors as well as the European-style private courtyard.

In case you fancy a stunning white kitchen and white marble bathrooms…et boum! (Learned that from Taste of France the other day, doncha know.). And also do not miss the living room’s 18th-century fireplace mantel from France.

Source: Greenwood Properties and HERE.

Gorgeous modern European country bedroom design style in this Houston home by Southampton. #europeancountry #interiordesign #whitedecor #modernfrench
Timeless European Country House Tour With Inspiring Mix of White as well as Antiques.

But first, don’t miss this fantasy tour closer to my neck of the woods first!

Tour Alison Victoria’s French Home

If you have watched Windy City Rehab, then you have seen designer Alison Victoria in action as an amazing hands-on renovator in Chicago. Wait until you see her elegant Parisian inspired home (notice the art by Francine Turk and her go-to home fragrance which you can only find at a hotel in Paris at which I just happened to be a guest).

Beautiful White Living & Dining Room…breathtaking indeed!

Timeless European Country House Tour With Inspiring Mix of White and Antiques…certainly a charming Houston home!

Antique Stone Fireplace…certainly a timeless treasure!

Breathtaking French Staircase…in case you admire elegant European design.

Gorgeous modern European country design style in this Houston home by Southampton. #europeancountry #interiordesign #whitedecor #modernfrench #staircase

White on White French Inspired Kitchen as well as rustic elegant dining area

Oh the unforgettable timeless design, white French home on Berthea in Houston. #interiordesign #luxuryhome #Europeanstyle #whitedecor
White kitchen with French country style in a luxurious Houston home.

Weathered Antique Doors…certainly inspiring indeed

White decor in an elegant French country home in Houston with rustic wood floors.

White on White Decor

Rustic arched shutters and elegant white sofas mix in a French country living room in Houston.

Romantic Bedroom with Tufted Headboard

Romantic and white French country bedroom in a Houston home.

Luxurious and Cloud-like Bathroom

Sophisticated and luxurious white bathroom in a French country home in Houston.
White marble topped vanity in an elegant bathroom.

Enchanting Courtyard

Elegant French patio with brick and arches at a European inspired home in Houston.
Houston home's balcony.

I independently selected products in this post—if you buy from one of my links, I may earn a commission.

Holiday Quotes to Pin

Inspirational quote for the holidays and Christmas. #quotes #christmas #holidayquote

If you have a moment to enjoy more house tours: SEE THESE.

-michele

Shopping for items you already intended to buy on Amazon RIGHT HERE (not just items mentioned in posts) or home decor keeps decor inspiration flowing on Hello Lovely!

Hello Lovely is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

French Basket
Sweater Weave Basket
Ilse Jacobsen Boots
Cedar & Blossom Candle
click to subscribe!

1. Carole Fox
    November 24, 2019 / 7:12 pm

Love the photos, the video and the quotes. Thank you for adding refreshment to my day.

• Michele
      Author
      November 24, 2019 / 10:53 pm

Thrilled to have you here and thankful for the beauty you add. 🙂

2. ann
    November 25, 2019 / 8:20 am

I would most definitely move right in! 🙂 I love white home interiors and the lovely European style of this one suits me to a “T”.

Our house is on the market right now and I have lots of white in our home too…though its nowhere near as grand as the one you’ve featured. Several people who’ve viewed our home have responded to the realtor with comments such as “I couldn’t live in all this white!” or “It would be OK if it wasn’t so white!”

For those of us who adore white homes, it’s hard to imagine someone else being put off by them. But what’s even harder to accept is that if the “home’s right but not the color”, why can’t they just buy it and paint their own colors? 😉

Ah well…some day, some one will see our home for it’s “bones” and make it their own in whatever colors they choose 🙂

• Michele
      Author
      November 25, 2019 / 10:12 am

This home just makes me swoon. Hope your lovely home is soon appreciated and loved by someone sensible. I am always stunned when I watch House Hunters on TV and hear so many complaints about paint color…the easiest design element to change! And I wonder if folks simply do not take into account how painting over white is like the easiest prospect vs. painting over a dark color which requires so much more labor? I hope you will not have to re-stage the home to sell it, but we have been down that road before and know it is sometimes necessary to make the sale. I remember when a beautiful custom ranch we were selling went on the market, and a buyer came to see it because she liked the Carl Larsson art in the kitchen! We’ll never know the psychological dynamics happening beneath the surface. Even the vibe of family photos will influence a potential buyer!

• Joanna
        November 25, 2019 / 1:19 pm

The first thing I do when moving into a new home is paint the walls a neutral color. My daughter likes brighter colors on her walls. I’ve never had a problem selling a house but my daughter’s languished on the market for months until a new realtor advised her to paint her walls in a soft white, and stage it. It then sold in days. Many people don’t see past the color on the walls. I hope a lover of all things white comes by soon, Ann.

3. November 25, 2019 / 9:00 am

Allison Victoria is a very talented designer and I love her show. So fun to get a peek inside her lovely home. I recently enjoyed the show she was on where she competed with 3 other HGTV designers to Rock the Block here in California. One day I’ll be following in her footsteps and designing a home for my Chicago dwelling son, so I pay particular attention to her show to see Chicago real estate. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

• Michele
      Author
      November 25, 2019 / 10:02 am

How cool! I haven’t watched that series yet, and I’m so happy she represents Chicago. I’d love to tour her home in person after seeing this video! Happy Thanksgiving, Celia.

4. Joanna
    November 25, 2019 / 1:11 pm

I want to move into Alison’s home. Drooling here! It’s a lovely mix of old but in no way feels stuffy. The furniture looks comfy and the light streams into the rooms keeping it light. I love the dining room chandelier & chairs, the gorgeous antique mantel in the living room, the brass hood and marble in the kitchen…I could go on and on. In love over here!

• Michele
      Author
      November 25, 2019 / 1:31 pm

I knowwwwww. I’m hoping to meet her one of these days at a design event in Chicago (she works with a local design firm on custom range hoods like the beauty in her kitchen) – then maybe I can beg for a tour in person. 🙂

5. Amy
    November 26, 2019 / 9:36 am

I love that green velvet chair!!! Also I want to climb into that bed with all the layers of soft white!!

• Michele
      Author
      November 26, 2019 / 10:04 am

YES! I’m seeing green velvet everywhere when a beautiful room catches my eye – must be a sign! 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving, Amy!

6. dissertation help
    December 5, 2019 / 4:13 am

You are sharing a wonderful post.
    It is straightforward to understand for anyone.
    Thank you so much for sharing the post.

7. Lauren
    March 2, 2020 / 12:40 pm

Hi there! Do you know where I can find that sofa?