HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}

SEE THIS UPDATED VERSION WITH NEW LINKS & DECORATING IDEAS TO GET THE LOOK INSPIRED BY THIS EPISODE. Time for another FIXER UPPER and Chip and Joanna Gaines FIX for us design, decor, and renovation geeks who need our daily dose of decor inspiration, decorating ideas, and sources to create the look ourselves!

Image result for hgtv fixer upper scrivano family renovation. A charming 1920s classic style kitchen with black and white check floors, light grey cabinets, and warm wood tones. HGTV Fixer Upper Decor Photos: The Scrivano 1927 Tudor Remodel!
HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}. Steal the same look for your home as this renovation on Fixer Upper by Chip and Joanna Gaines.

BTW, I just visited Magnolia Market at the Silos and shared 22 Tips to Know Before You Go!

Did you see my other post featuring my favorite Fixer Upper renovation?

Up for consumption today is a Fixer Upper take on a historical project for Courtney and Joey Scrivano, who were ready to upgrade from their modest loft to a house where they could raise their child. Built in 1927, this Tudor-style home needed updates since it was lacking in functionality and modernity. One of the major priorities was creating a beautiful and true master bedroom suite. With their renovation budget of $200,000, Chip and Joanna Gaines tackled this fixer upper home, all the while preserving the home’s historic charm.

Ready to explore decor inspiration from this beautiful home renovation where the FIXER UPPER crew breathed new life and love into it in order to meet the needs of a new modern family? Awesome. (Affiliate links follow and when used to complete purchases may earn me a small commission.) Onward.

HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}

Paint Color Ideas – Scrivano Tudor Fixer Upper Episode

Interior Paint colors? The strategy is painting walls a light color and trim a few shades darker (but still light!).

These are guesses…for the walls? It looks like MAGNOLIA HOME Silos White

Silos White
Silos White – from the Magnolia Home paint line

For the interior trim? It looks like MAGNOLIA HOME Yarn.

Yarn
Yarn – from Magnolia Home paint line

Exterior Colors (Guesses!)

The creamy white on the exterior above the brick appears similar or exactly this:

For the exterior trim, this color from Magnolia’s line looks like what they used:

Cupola
MAGNOLIA PAINT Cupola

HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano 1927 Tudor Remodel!

1. Let’s start with the charming CLASSIC kitchen.

What was Ms. Scrivano’s favorite part of the whole renovation? “The banquette in the kitchen, hands down. We use it every day.”

It truly is a design coup in this narrow kitchen! Tucked into the corner like a private cozy nook in your favorite restaurant, it’s perfect for a quiet breakfast for two or a few more if you pull in a couple of the dining chairs. The brass and gold accents add so much classic appeal too.

Parkerton Pedestal Dining Table
Round Pedestal Dining Table: FIND HERE. HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}
Loloi Ivory Pillow 13 X 21 | Domino #boho #anthropologie
Ivory Pillow with Fringe: FIND Similar options HERE

If this was my own kitchen, I might choose a very French inspired cafe table like this one:

Mckinney Traditional Round Dining Table
Round Dining Table: FIND HERE.

I love the classic design and style of these kitchen canisters below, and since I found the source, you can snag the exact ones!

Glass Montana Kitchen Canister with Black Lid #canister #kitchen #fixerupper
Clear Glass Kitchen Canister with Black Lid Top: FIND HERE. HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}
Jamie Oliver Acacia Wood Cutting Board #rustic #cuttingboard #breadboard
Rustic Acacia Wood Cutting Board: FIND HERE. HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}

If you watched this Fixer Upper episode on HGTV, you may recall that Joanna initially did not plan on adding an island, but she then added this airy mobile one, and I am reminded how cost effective a purchased kitchen island is for kitchen designs since so many folks want an island, and they can eat up a chunk of the budget.

Here is another example of a friendly priced mobile island:

Gladstone Kitchen Island with Wooden Top #kitchendesign #island #mobile
Rustic Wood Mobile Kitchen Island: FIND HERE

2. Living and dining room transformations!

This Tudor came with so many gorgeous details like the Gothic archways, and the decision to paint all the trim light grey to contrast with white walls gave this home a very contemporary, fresh and young update.

The design styles this couple appreciate? “We both appreciate many different styles, from farmhouse to industrial to European, so it was important to us that the character and the personality of the home lead the design, with just touches of what we both like.”

I found the dining chairs!

Safavieh Warner Round Back Leather Side Dining Chair - Set of 2 Black - FOX2018B-SET2, SAV5332-2
Set of 2 Safavieh Black Leather Dining Chairs: FIND HERE. HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}
Devereaux Rectangular Dining Table #farmhousestyle #farmtable #diningtable
Rectangular Dining Table: FIND similar options HERE
Cooperman 5-Light Shaded Chandelier
Gold Chandelier with Shades: FIND HERE
Algrange Ivory Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug #arearug #ivory #fixerupper
Ivory Area Rug: FIND HERE

Here’s another stackable ghost chair option:

Modern Ghost chair - Philippe Starck Louis Black #GhostChair in black
Black Louis Style Ghost Chair: FIND HERE. HGTV Fixer Upper Decor: Scrivano Tudor {Get the Look!}

If you are in the market for gold toned flatware, here’s the exact set Drew Scott of the Property Brothers bought for his Honeymoon House dining room.

The exact gold flatware set Drew Scott of Property Brothers has in his Honemoon house dining room! #gold #silverware #flatware
Gold flatware: FIND HERE

How about a few of these Mongolian pillows on the sofa?

Becky Mongolian Fur Throw Pillow #mongolian #pillow #bohochic #fur
Mongolian Fur Throw Pillow: FIND HERE

How about the exact coffee table used in here!?!

Alvar Coffee Table
Coffee Table: FIND HERE

I found a couple of contenders for the French linen upholstered armchairs in this living room. This first one is very affordable, and the second one costs more but looks worth every penny!

Who would expect such attention to detail in discount furniture? Our Napoleon Traditional French Accent Chair defies expectations with classic contouring, careful color coordination and durable construction. The Napoleonโ€™s cedar frame and distressed brown-oak finish (with white streaking) recall the classics of yesteryearโ€ฆwithout the collectible price tag. Utmost comfort comes courtesy of cotton upholstery. 36"H x 25.2"We x 22.6"D, SEAT 20.5"H X 22.75&...
Napoleon French Country Arm Chair: FIND HERE
MacArthur Weathered Oak Armchair
Weathered Oak French Armchair: FIND HERE

As for the hardware, it looks to be quite similar to the exact oil rubbed bronze oval knobs I put in my own home:

Rockwell Premium Solid Brass Helmsley Knob Privacy Set Durable door hardware, door handles, exterior door handle in Oil Rubbed Bronze
Rockwell Helmsley Door Knob: FIND HERE  HGTV Fixer Upper Decor Photos: 1927 Tudor Remodel!

Isn’t the coat tree fabulous and so unexpected? A great idea in an entry when you want an airy, modern pop of black.

Vivienne Coat Rack
Black Coat Rack: FIND HERE.

3. A tranquil master bedroom suite.

This master bedroom is not huge, and there were some challenges posed for the master bath since the homeowners insisted on having a full size soaking tub in the relatively small space. But as you will see, Chip and Joanna Gaines made it work. The room is restful, simple, and a wonderful example of smart, small space design.

What did the Scrivanos appreciate about this renovation? For us, it was really fantastic to turn over the renovation project completely.”

Similar bed here:

It was fun to see that Joanna chose a calacatta gold marble hexagon tile for the shower floor in the master bath!(did Joanna see our own fixer upper’s statement wall with the exact tile and copy it? HA! I’m goin’ with that.)

I recognized the shower fixtures right away since they are the same ones we put in our master (Kohler Purist).

The trim kit doesn’t include the valve, which you purchase separately:

You can order this calacatta gold marble hex tile in a 2″ or 1″ tile configuration. I was just explaining to my friend Denise yesterday that tiling with mosaic sheets is the frackinBOMB for DIYers since you’re not buttering each of those individual tiles and spacing them. Instead, the 12″ sheets go up a lot quicker. Here’s the tile:

Calacatta Hexagon Polished 2" x 2" Marble Mosaic Tile in White #calacattagold #marbletile #hexagon #tile
2″ Calacatta Gold Marble Hexagon Mosaic Tile: FIND HERE
Calacatta gold marble hexagon tile on shower floor in Episode 4: Season 5 | HGTVโ€™s Fixer Upper: Chip & Jo Gaines

The choice to do inlaid tile in the wood floor was interesting yet not my favorite. I think I would prefer a cozy rug. To each his own!

I’m loving the porch furniture, and I have always loved this Safavieh chair which would be right at home on the porch:

Light grey woven rattan Maluku Armchair #rattan #armchair #patiochair
Safavieh Maluku Armchair: FIND HERE

DON’T MISS THIS UPDATED STORY WITH RESOURCES FOR THE SCRIVANO HOUSE!

Don’t miss my tips for visiting Magnolia Market at the Silos and this story about Magnolia Table!

-michele

I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. An easy way to support HELLO LOVELY? Start RIGHT HERE to SHOP for items on Amazon (anything at all – not just products mentioned in the post!) you already intended to buy…it won’t cost a
penny extra yet may earn this blog a few pennies when my link is the first you click!
You’ll also find a wealth of friendly priced furniture and decor for your home HERE.

1. March 20, 2018 / 8:48 pm

Just beautiful! I need a fixer upper!

March 20, 2018 / 10:05 pm

I also say ‘never, never again. probably.’ ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Chris Salek
    March 21, 2018 / 7:04 am

It was one of my favorites…especially the kitchen floor checkerboard with the wood pieces ! Love !

March 21, 2018 / 8:23 am

Thanks for reading, and I hope to bring you more fixer upper stories so stay tuned! ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Anna
    March 21, 2018 / 8:05 am

Totally swoon-worthy in my book! I especially love the light walls and pale gray trim throughout.

And now….. The banquet table you had a link to? Well I looked at it and said “OMG! I have the exact, yes THE exact same table!” So I clicked the link to see what the cost was. Are ya sittin’ down? I paid only $10 for my table ๐Ÿ™‚ Sure it was used and needed a teeeeny bit of TLC, but the price difference was worth it. (The seller said she ‘just wanted to get rid of it’. )

I’d gladly live in this redone fixer-upper. Very much my style ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for this post. A great eye candy to start my day with.

March 21, 2018 / 8:22 am

Thanks for adding to the fun, here — what a bargain you got! Good job! I love the style of this place too because it has so much classic charm but still feels fresh. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Harriet
    March 21, 2018 / 9:41 am

One of my fa Fixer Upper Homes! I love all the charm it exudes!

March 21, 2018 / 10:10 am

I love it when they have to work within the footprint without knocking down walls, etc. because then you get to see how to honestly pack a lot of function and design into small, often awkward spaces. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks for reading!

5. Nancy
    March 21, 2018 / 11:22 am

I loved this episode! I wish I knew what the wall and trim paint is. Iโ€™ve looked on the Magnolia website but itโ€™s not listed. Do you have any idea?

March 21, 2018 / 11:33 am

Hi Nancy! I’ll be doing a story on the best light grey to use for trim and cabinets, and I have two suggestions for you to start with. Magnolia has a paint line, and YARN looks very close to the color and may be it. Another one that springs to mind is Benjamin Moore’s GRAY OWL. If you look at these greys on Pinterest, you’ll get a feel for them. Happy painting, and thanks for reading! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pam Coleman
      May 17, 2018 / 5:43 am

Sherwin Williamโ€™s Analytical Gray is also nice trim with incredible white for the walls!

May 17, 2018 / 1:10 pm

Ooh! I’ll check it out. Thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Jodi Jones
    March 21, 2018 / 12:31 pm

Love so much about this remodel! I’m wondering about the fireplace- do you know if they just plastered over the brick and painted it? It’s fantastic.

March 21, 2018 / 1:51 pm

Hmmmmmm. I’ll watch the episode again and see if they cover that part of the remodel. Thanks for reading!

7. March 21, 2018 / 1:19 pm

This is gorgeous! It so Chip n Joanna! The paint on the walls and trim looks so luxurious and my favorite thing – the skinny vintage doors in the kitchen. Perfection!

March 21, 2018 / 1:50 pm

Those doors are inspiring, aren’t they? My dream is to first shop for all my favorite vintage doors and then design a new house for them! ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Rhonda
    March 21, 2018 / 3:21 pm

I loved this “fixed-up” Tudor. I tape their shows so I can watch the final reveal over and over until I’m certain I haven’t missed one single element! Great sources, Michele, that chesterfield sofa is a bargain! Wish I didn’t love the sofa I have.

March 21, 2018 / 3:50 pm

That show has such a winning combination of charming personalities, dramatic transformations, and wholesome charm. I am getting better at this sourcing thing — my husband enjoys golf, and I apparently love being a design detective! ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Joanna
    March 21, 2018 / 3:49 pm

I love how they kept all the charm of this old house but made it fresh. The added trim, remodeled kitchen and grey paint all add up to a very livable house, with charm.
    I wanted to comment on the fact that you give us information. Answering questions to the best of your ability or information is an added bonus. For that, I think you!

March 22, 2018 / 12:32 am

Yes – so refreshing that this was not one of those huge demofests where the “reno” is more accurately new construction. I truly want to help and stay engaged and accessible – no robots chatting it up here yet! ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Roxanne Joy
    March 21, 2018 / 5:00 pm

Thank you for all the great information. I loved how this house turned out…. would love to know if the ANTIQUE sign on the wall was purchased or made ๐Ÿ™‚

March 22, 2018 / 12:27 am

You’re so welcome! I want that sign too – the scale is so great! Not sure of its source yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Jena
        May 22, 2018 / 7:54 am

I would LOVE that antique sign! Any updates on if it was made or purchased?

May 22, 2018 / 9:56 am

I haven’t found it! I wonder if it belonged to the homeowner or was custom made by someone in Waco? I feel like I need to begin making these since there is obviously demand! Thanks for reading. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. brent
    March 31, 2018 / 8:28 pm

Where can I buy the small table on the porch?

March 31, 2018 / 10:23 pm

I’ll do some digging and circle back here if I can snag the source! ๐Ÿ™‚

12. Nicole
    April 26, 2018 / 6:00 pm

I watched this episode for the first time on 4-24-18 and I noticed the wavy subway tile in the master shower. Itโ€™s the same tile I used in mine in January!! Then I found your picture of the shower on Pinterest and I have the same hexagon floor tile too!! Did she copy my shower? ??? plus the marble top pieces and the door! I couldnโ€™t believe it!!

April 26, 2018 / 7:52 pm

They totally copied you! Where’s your commission and piece of the pie!?! Ha. You have excellent taste. ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Kelly McCall
    June 3, 2018 / 7:19 am

What is the names of the paint used. Please answer ASAP! I absolutely love the color of the walls and trim! I would appreciate your help!

June 3, 2018 / 1:26 pm

I’m happy to help, friend! Those colors have not yet been shared by Fixer Upper. When I turned to the Magnolia Home paint line (this is your best strategy to get those colors), I found that SILOS WHITE and YARN look very similar to the colors used in the Scrivano project. The key is choosing a light creamy white for walls and then a warm light grey for trim. Another strategy? If you cue this blog post up on your phone at the paint store, you could enlarge the images and look at swatches next to the screen. ๐Ÿ™‚

14. Beverly
    June 17, 2018 / 8:56 pm

Where can I buy the Master bedroom bed and dresser from???

June 17, 2018 / 10:32 pm

I don’t have sources for them (yet!) but updated the post with links to some similar bedroom furniture. Thanks for reading!

15. Joanne
    December 20, 2018 / 2:55 pm

Hello,

Do you know what countertop the kitchen has?

December 20, 2018 / 9:22 pm

It looks a lot like Caesarstone Calcatta Nuvo so that may be it!

16. jannette flannery
    January 12, 2019 / 2:19 pm

I live in the gulf coast of Florida. I am obsessed with the country French vintage doors I often see on the show. Can you PLEASE give me any suggestions.Finding you has been such a blessing.

January 12, 2019 / 9:09 pm

Awwwwww–thank you so much for commenting and the kind words. I know just the type of doors you’re referring to, and that Joanna collects so many beautiful ones! I think what makes the ones we see on Fixer Upper extra special is that she has a crew who can strip or sand them down to the natural wood. There is just nothing like those scrubbed, natural, light wood doors that can be sealed with a clear matte finish. I’ll try to do a story about them soon!

17. John
    January 20, 2019 / 10:35 pm

Do you happen to know what colors were used on the exterior stucco and trim?

18. John
    January 20, 2019 / 10:38 pm

Do you happen to know the paint they used for the exterior colors?

January 21, 2019 / 10:15 am

I studied photos and the colors from Magnolia, and the colors appear close to or exactly these (from Magnolia paint): Silos White (the cream above brick) and Cuupola (the taupe-like grey trim). I added these to the post.

19. Lynda
    March 31, 2019 / 12:19 pm

The black and white kitchen floor..any information you can give. It doesn’t look as it is as brite as a black and white floor and I am looming for that.