Grace and Frankie Beach House {Steal the Look!}

A more accurate UPDATED VERSION OF THIS POST WITH shopping RESOURCES is RIGHT HERE!

Driftwood sunburst mirror on the set of Grace and Frankie. #beachhouse #gracieandfrankie

If you have checked out the netflix series GRACE AND FRANKIE, then you are likely familiar with the casual, coastal, traditional style interiors within Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin’s beach house (it’s set in La Jolla). It’s cozy and charming thanks to the show’s production designer Devorah Herbert, art directors Michael Krantz and Amy Wheeler, and set decorators Christopher Carlson, Beauchamp Fontaine, and Andrea Fenton. (Source: Traditional Home)

Today, I am making it easier than ever to locate and shop for identical or close to identical home decor and furniture seen in the series. From chairs to tables to lamps and the kitchen sink, you just may find what you have been admiring on the show. *affiliate links follow and when used for purchases may earn me a small commission.

I binge-watched all the seasons a few months back after my sister insisted it had my name all over it, and apparently, more than a few of us are ready to move right into this shingle-style oceanfront beach house! I blogged about Grace and Frankie’s house last year after learning the TV home was modeled after a real live beach house in Malibu, designed by a Hello Lovely favorite…Steve Giannetti.

The Kitchen...Most of the scenes take place at the beach house where Grace and Frankie live and the homes where their husbands live. Grace and Frankie’s kitchen sees a lot of air time with its blue kitchen cabinets, butcher block counter tops, plantation shutters, vintage style pendant lights, wood floors, breakfast bar, and linen covered bar stools. There are open shelves for green and white dishes, an apron front fireclay farm sink, and shelves of book at the end of the kitchen island.

The Living Rooms…The beach house has two living areas, the larger one is decorated with a white sofa, white chairs, a built-in window seat, rustic wood coffee table, and a rope style barrel chair that you can own if you like (keep reading for the source and link!). The other living area has a fireplace, blue two-cushion sofa, bold orange and white armchairs, and a casual rope sphere chandelier.

The dining room…The dining room is uniquely shaped and placed within Grace and Frankie’s beach house since it is open, and there are only partial walls separating it from other living spaces. A large casual round wood dining table with rattan kubu chairs surrounding it, are often the setting where characters interact (and mostly crack us up). There are also a fair amount of scenes which take place in Frankie’s meditation room where an awesome swing chair resides: Rattan Swing Chair: FIND HERE.

Jane Fonda’s character Grace does not swing in the bohemian meditation room with bongos as often as she reads in the library at the beach house. This space is decorated with two Paris-style leather armchairs and bookshelves. The walls in here are painted a beachy blue.

What’s all the Fuss? I watch very little TV. The Grace and Frankie series appeals to me on a number of levels. First, I love seeing women and men past midlife starring in a uniquely original series. While the younger actors get plenty of screen time, it’s their elders at the center of most of the scenes and plots. That means, the topics covered on the show are ones we don’t often see addressed including sex after 60, parenting adult children, and recovering from divorce after decades of marriage. Second, since Grace and Frankie get so much air time and dialogue, we truly get to know the inner lives of these characters.  So while it’s a comedy, after watching a few episodes, you begin to care about the characters and families.

Grace & Frankie

Third, BRIANNA (above). Omg. Played by June Diane Raphael. She just steals every scene and is a character I don’t think I have seen before with her mix of quirky idiosyncrasies, boldness, dry humor, flaws, and struggle to discover where her heart is.

Ready to tour Grace and Frankie’s beach house and discover sources for similar or identical decor?

Onward.

Rope Chair: FIND HERE.

Ready to see the blue kitchen?

The dishes used on the show are discontinued (Lenox Aerin Emerald Mist).

But here’s a Lenox dinner plate with a similar palette: FIND HERE

Grace and Frankie beach house kitchen with blue cabinets and white open shelves. #gracendfrankie
The beach house in Grace and Frankie with living room and slipcovered furniture. #graceandfrankie
Grace and Frankie beach house living room with slipcovered armchairs. #graceandfrankie
Grace and Frankie beach house living room with white slipcovered furniture. #graceandfrankie
Grace and Frankie Beach House Dining Room with Wall Oars and Hanging Whale. #graceandfrankie
Driftwood sunburst mirror in dining room of beach house on the set of Grace and Frankie.
Driftwood Sunburst Mirror: FIND HERE Cross Back Wood Dining Chair: FIND HEREGrace and Frankie House {Steal the Home Decor, Furniture, and Interior Design Ideas!}

Click here for a better UPDATED VERSION OF THIS POST WITH EVEN MORE RESOURCES RIGHT HERE!

For rattan kubu chairs, there are beautiful options RIGHT HERE and here…

Dayana Armchair
Kubu Chair, Wayfair
Pelican lamp from Grace and Frankie's Beach House (picture: Jane Fonda reading) #graceandfrankie
Leather Paris Club Chair: FIND HERE Pelican Table Lamp: FIND HERE. More options HERE. Grace and Frankie House {Steal the Home Decor, Furniture, and Interior Design Ideas!}

The plantation style Adirondack chairs on the beach are pretty unforgettable, and guess what? You can buy the exact same chairs!

Let me know if you come across more still shots of Grace’s bedroom…

Jane Fonda in bedroom of Grace and Frankie beach house. #graceandfrankie #janefonda
Bedroom – Grace and Frankie House {Steal the Home Decor, Furniture, and Interior Design Ideas!}

Ready to move in?

Grace and Frankie beach house pool house exterior with blue door. #graceandfrankie
Exterior – Grace and Frankie House {Steal the Home Decor, Furniture, and Interior Design Ideas!}

I blogged previously on Grace and Frankie’s beach house right here, and if you are curious about the REAL beach house this set was modeled after, find that story here.

Robert & Sol’s New Home: Design Ideas! Find the story HERE!

-michele

This post contains affiliate links which I hope you will use since they won’t cost you a penny extra yet may earn this blog a small commission.

Support Hello Lovely by shopping Amazon RIGHT HERE for anything (not just products mentioned here) to keep the inspiration flowing!

I’m a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Click HERE to find cost conscious furniture and decor for your home too!

1. Rhonda
    March 8, 2018 / 2:12 pm

I haven’t watched the show, but now I must! The house and furnishings are fun. I love the driftwood mirror and dining room chairs you sourced.

Another great beach house was Diane Keaton’s in the movie, Something’s Gotta Give.

• michele
      Author
      March 8, 2018 / 4:04 pm

So unforgettable! I should definitely source that one, Rhonda! 🙂

2. Carol Moninghoff
    June 18, 2018 / 10:53 am

You posted a photo of a white sofa ‘similar’ to the one in the show. I am looking for THEE one in the show. The one in the show has high sides and a high back which I need. I have been unable to find a white sofa with high rolled side arms. Where can I find THIS EXACT sofa?

• michele
      Author
      June 18, 2018 / 3:21 pm

Haven’t found it and will update post if I do!

3. Angela Knowles
    July 24, 2018 / 10:22 pm

Does anyone know the name of the beautiful blue paint used for the interior walls at the beachhouse?

Thanks

Angela

4. Jeanne Debaie
    July 25, 2018 / 9:16 am

What is the brand and where do they sell the Kobu dining room chairs?

• michele
      Author
      July 25, 2018 / 9:37 am

Hi. I just updated the post with some sources. This one looks very similar and is sold in sets of 2: http://shrsl.com/12oub Hope this helps. Keep checking back as I am updating these older posts with updated info. 🙂

5. Brian Mullin
    September 28, 2018 / 12:47 pm

What company did the furniture for Sol and Robert’s new bedroom in their new house?

• michele
      Author
      September 28, 2018 / 10:44 pm

Great question! I’ll do some research on the new house and bedroom. Thanks for reading!

6. Mark
    October 13, 2018 / 11:51 am

What’s type of hardwood does the beach house have. We’re trying to emulate the look but we can’t figure out the best flooring.

• michele
      Author
      October 13, 2018 / 4:48 pm

It looks like walnut or a walnut stain. Here’s a 7″ wide plank hardwood with that look: http://shrsl.com/17y00 or this 7″plank engineered option (not laminate, but engineered can be even more stable than solid wood) at a lower price point: http://shrsl.com/17y04. Hope this helps.

7. Mark
    January 11, 2019 / 3:44 pm

I am coming close to finishing my remodel using the beach house as inspiration. I have a small bathroom that I would like to use the blue grass cloth that Sol & Robert had in their first house. I have been unable to locate anything. Do you have any insight or links? I have ordered several samples, but none appear to have the same depth and tone.

• michele
      Author
      January 11, 2019 / 11:55 pm

Hmmmmm. Was it in the dining room of the old house above the white paneled walls? Was it something like this: http://shrsl.com/1e1oh ?? I’ll keep looking.

• Mark
        January 12, 2019 / 7:35 am

Thanks. I have looked all over and ordered several samples. I was hoping to find it with some of the color variation.

8. Latisha Champion
    January 18, 2019 / 8:13 pm

Hi, I have read previous comments and was also wondering about the color of the kitchen cabinets and backsplash color theme?

9. Vicky
    January 26, 2019 / 9:59 am

In the first interior photo on this post, there is the Rope Lace Chair and 2 gently arched-back upholstered chairs. I am looking for the source for the archec-back chairs. Can you help? Thanks in Advance

• michele
      Author
      January 27, 2019 / 3:11 pm

Those chairs are awesome, and I haven’t found the source yet – here’s one that is similar, though a little more sophisticated and without the arched back: http://shrsl.com/1exhu I’ll keep searching. 🙂

10. Lori
    January 26, 2019 / 7:14 pm

Does anyone know the color of the kitchen cabinets in the beach house on Grace and Frankie? It’s absolutely gorgeous and I’d love that color on my cabinets. Thanks

• Heather
        January 27, 2019 / 12:28 pm

The shades of blue you posted for the walls don’t quite look the same. Have you heard back from the set designer yet? I was hoping to know the exact color.

• michele
          Author
          January 27, 2019 / 2:36 pm

I haven’t heard from the set designer. Here’s the thing about my suggestions – I actually pored over a ton of images and screenshots online to get an approximation – and you would be shocked at how the color looks different depending on the photo, lighting, etc. just like in real life. So we never know whether a paint color will work for us until we buy a sample and put a swath on the wall and watch it change with the light in our own geographical region. Does that make sense? The way that blue looks in Southern Cali is going to read differently in say Minnesota with Northern Exposure.

11. Mike
    January 27, 2019 / 8:50 pm

Anyone know who makes the rug in the foyer of Robert and Sol’s house? It is a kilim?

12. Angela
    January 30, 2019 / 1:02 pm

Where can I buy the bar stools and lien covers. I must have

• michele
      Author
      January 30, 2019 / 4:04 pm

Pottery Barn used to make a backless slipcovered bar stool, but I don’t think they carry them anymore. Your best bet may be to find a comfy backless stool (here’s a gorgeous linen one: http://shrsl.com/1f5vy) and then have an upholsterer make the custom cover. 🙂

13. Margaret
    February 5, 2019 / 10:08 pm

I’m interested in the blue gray cabinet near the kitchen,(two drawers two doors) it’s in the blue sofa room I think.

14. Jennifer Cook
    February 6, 2019 / 7:28 am

I am looking for the console/ sideboard with the diamond shaped detail on the top drawers. Any information on that piece?

• michele
      Author
      February 6, 2019 / 2:05 pm

I love that diamond detail. I found some sideboards with the detail on this page: http://shrsl.com/1fm2x I’ll update the post if I find more items!

15. JA
    February 8, 2019 / 7:28 pm

I’m looking for the blue and white table runner on the dinner table. Can’t find.

16. February 8, 2019 / 9:42 pm

Love this show and the decor. Where is the fabric for Robert and Sol’s kitchen in the first house from? Looks like a Roman shade ,maybe. Also would like to know the where the coffee table in the beach house is from 😊thanks!

17. Ami
    February 10, 2019 / 6:49 am

Where can I find thee plantation style Adirondack chairs. I would like the same color

18. Karen
    February 16, 2019 / 3:22 pm

Love this house. I am looking for the high back counter stools with the white fabric with blue stripes. even if I can find the fabric it would be something to have made. Any ideas? The house is just spectacular. I have always had. fetish with beautiful wood work. Also would love to know the name of the white paint used through out.

Thank you so much!

19. Pam
    March 10, 2019 / 2:47 pm

I would love to know the interior paint color of the living room at the beach house?

20. Carol
    March 31, 2019 / 10:44 am

Where can I find a multi-colored Moroccan bohemian poof ottoman that is shown in Grace and Frankies house.