You know her. There’s probably something gorgeous simmering on her stove this very moment. And a shelf in her closet designated for candles. She makes entertaining a crowd look so easy, and maybe she is YOU since there’s at least one in every family and group of friends. 9 Perfect Gifts for the Hostess With the Mostess follows with holiday gift ideas for the cook/entertainer, leaning toward the practical yet including some splurges…and enjoy a few more gift guides from a few of my friends sharing their own gift guides!
Oh, that hostess with the mostess! She probably has a teeny crush on Martha and may have forgotten to renew her gym membership since she is way too busy creating a wreath from coffee filters for the dining room. If you have been to one of her gatherings, then you know she knows JUST when to refill your wine glass!
Affiliate links follow and will not cost you extra while they may earn this blog a small commission…thanks so much for using them!
9 Perfect Gifts for the Hostess With the Mostess
Are you more often the ‘life of the party’ than the ‘host of the party?’ If so, these suggestions for the cook and entertainer may seem a little tame.
But the eyes of this blogging hostess LIGHT UP like the Griswold home’s 250 strands of Christmas lights with this lineup!
Click it and smile!
Why These Gifts Will Tingle Their Jingles
1. I have this geometrically chic Tom Dixon tea light holder, and the gorgeous gift box in which it arrives is va va voom sexy hexy shaped and oh so lovely as well.
2. I showed you my vintage Lenox Holiday bone china bowl (24k gold rim) the other day, and for around $25, IT IS SIMPLY THE PERFECT gift for hostesses and non-hostesses alike. What’s it for?
Here are a few ideas:
1. Receptacle for red and green M&M’s.
2. Bowl for nuts.
3. Fill with water to float roses.
4. Surround a votive candle with fresh cranberries.
3. I don’t decorate with red in the rest of our house, but in the kitchen, it is such an appetizing, cheerful color for essentials like this lidded pan! The bonus is these red cast iron pieces look wonderful on the stove (whether they are getting used or not!) during the holidays.
4. This Hot Sauce gift is perfect for cooks and entertainers with a sense of FUN!
5. Whether the hostess appreciates modern, Scandinavian, minimal, or simple chic style, this black candelabra will look stunning on the table.
6. Do not underestimate the power of this nonstick grill pan which I use every single day! It makes this cook and her happy guests grateful that such an incredible essential for cooks exists!
7. I can’t think of a cook or entertainer who wouldn’t be stoked to see this hard working crimson bad boy under the tree.
8. This pot was all the rage last Christmas, and this year is only growing in popularity for its instant ability to create delish.
8. Wine from Martha…the prices are phenomenal, the curation is top notch, and one size fits every host or hostess!
Pin this post to save for future reference…
These Gifts May Float Their Boat Too
You may be surprised to learn you can snag a Vitamix for a reasonable price these days, and it is just the perfect helper in the kitchen for whipping up EVERYTHING. I showed you how I used mine for a chocolate cake and sugar cookie truffles.
Every hostess needs a stash of these! Even if your house is not yet blogworthy, any social gathering will be more magical if you scatter around shot glass candlelight.
I think I want to start collecting this Lenox pattern which I grew up with.
Hostesses need plenty of these.
Aren’t these friendly-priced plates perfect for year-round entertaining?
I can’t live without plenty of white serving essentials like these…
This set makes the perfect gift for the baker in your life.
Here’s my secret weapon for Swedish pancakes and cornbread.
My Simple Serene Kitchen & Dining Area
Here I go again, singing the praises of red stoneware pieces…I am a casserole girl, and I use this for them all.
My sister was here visiting yesterday and admired our Studio William flatware.
Here’s a beautiful gift for a modern cutlery lover or for you to take this pattern for a test drive!
A pretty lantern for homebody types, lovers of home, and ambassadors of cozy.
Your Hostess Blogger is Neither Giada Nor Martha
But attitude and humor, kittycats.
Do pin this post to save for future reference!
I’m lucky enough to be joining a handful of lovely bloggers posting holiday gift ideas today in conjunction with PROJECT DESIGN, and you will definitely want to mosey on over to see what ideas these ladies have for us!
I independently selected products in this post—if you buy from one of my links, I may earn a commission.
Peace to you right where you are.
Hello Lovely is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.