Paris Secrets {the opera}

Planning a first trip to Paris can be a bit
daunting…stay in a hotel? An apartment?
 Shop and relax, or join the crowds at must-sees?
I wanted it all.
So I will share some
helpful resources and suggestions
found in lovely books and around the web.

My Little Paris

My Little Paris

Who doesn’t love more than 50 Paris secrets?
One of my favorites from this source
was an opera concert on a
Thursday afternoon at the
Bastille Opera.

amphitheatre-bastille
Les Jeudis de Bastille

What an unforgettable experience in
an intimate setting!

Treated to a dozen gifted soloists,
they performed classics transporting
me back in time, soothing my soul, and
and bringing tears to my eyes.

You may be surprised to learn the cost
(this is why it’s a secret!!!):

5 euros.
Yep, about $6.50.
For Paris opera.

I bought tickets online and printed them at home.
We headed there early on foot and enjoyed
the Bastille Market before the concert.

Check out My Little Paris
(Chene, 2011) for more reveals,
and I’ll be sharing a few of my own
very soon…i have not organized my photos yet!

How cool is this tip for 5 Euro Fabulous?

1. October 26, 2012 / 6:01 pm

Fabulous tip indeed! Looking forward to hearing more about your trip! xo

2. October 26, 2012 / 6:37 pm

Can't wait to see your photos Michele. I've found so many Paris favorites through My Little Paris, it really is a fantastic resource. Haven't done the Bastille afternoon concert, though. Something for next time! XO

3. October 26, 2012 / 8:50 pm

I am book marking this for my next trip to Paris. I WILL go back!! Glad you are home safe and sound but sorry you could not stay longer, I know how hard it is to leave!!
    xo Kathysue

4. October 26, 2012 / 8:52 pm

Who knew the opera – let alone in Paris – could be so affordable!!?? Tickets don't go for that price in Seattle. 🙂

5. October 26, 2012 / 8:57 pm

What an amazing experience Michele! I do not have the book but I've heard it's a great resource.

Thanks for sharing your secrets 😉

6. October 26, 2012 / 9:16 pm

What a sweet little book! Looking forward to seeing and hearing all about your Paris adventures!

7. October 26, 2012 / 9:29 pm

Oh wow, how totally charming is that. An adorable Parisian market, then off to an intimate touching opera…

Cindy

8. October 26, 2012 / 10:16 pm

What a fun experience that must have been on a Thursday afternoon! You describe it so well I can really feel the joy and good energy all the way to Seattle.

Happy weekend to you and your family!

ox, Mon

9. October 27, 2012 / 2:12 am

i felt so civilized, ya know?

🙂

10. October 27, 2012 / 1:05 pm

Thank you for this post!

11. October 27, 2012 / 4:13 pm

I am going to start planning now!! Thank you so much for this information!!
    Have a great weekend!
    Karolyn
    The Relished Roost

12. October 27, 2012 / 4:45 pm

Thank you, Michele! So glad you shared with us. I'll have to remember the opera concert at the Bastille Opera….never knew……and seriously, 5 euros?? We are anxiously awaiting your photos. Talk soon ~ Loi

13. October 27, 2012 / 8:42 pm

re-entry phase can be
    pretty consuming, so
    good luck with all of
    that and welcome home!!

xo Suzanne

14. October 28, 2012 / 1:35 am

Thanks for sharing all these good ideas. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

15. October 28, 2012 / 11:32 pm

Happy to have discovered your blog. Nice pics. It makes me home sick as I now live in Florida.
    Will visit you again for sure,
    Anne (Playing With Scarves)

16. October 29, 2012 / 2:43 pm

Wow good to know. Now I feel obliged to plan a trip sooner than later:) I will know who to consult when I do not IF I do! Glad it was such a wonderful trip…..going to the opera must have been a wonderful highlight. Cannot wait to hear more about it Michele!

17. October 29, 2012 / 6:55 pm

i miss paris terribly!! i've been twice and it is without a doubt my favorite place on earth! so much more i'd like to do and see there. next up i'd like to visit the city with my boyfriend 🙂

18. October 31, 2012 / 12:00 am

Shut the font door!!! Five euros?!?! What a deal!!! You never see deals like that – especially in Paris!! Thanks for sharing this little book, I need it!! I hope you had the best time EVER!! I was thinking of you and It looks like you had a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear more. Sorry I have been so distant, we've had some internet connection problems and it's been driving me crazy!!!

I hope all is well and you're getting plenty of rest after your amazing fun filled trip!

xoxo
    Desiree

19. October 31, 2012 / 7:15 pm

I know I already commented on this post but I had to come back to thank you for giving me a BIG LAUGH about toothbrushes!!!! You are hilarious. You have to come to Seattle to visit! 🙂

20. November 1, 2012 / 4:17 pm

Hej Michele,

Thank you for your visit to Sweden 🙂 Paris, it looks through your eyes beautiful.
    Next time Stockholm maybe our Amsterdam the big city of my country.

A hug from a Dutch in Sweden
    Marion

21. November 1, 2012 / 9:46 pm

Michele, this is crazy… you must have been reading my mind. I am literally obsessing over Paris this week. We are planning to visit our friends in Holland next summer and then take the train to Paris. Though I've traveled through Europe several times, I have yet to visit Paris! We are going with an apartment since it's all 4 of us (2 kids under 6). Thanks for sharing your tips! Do you think kids could go to the opera? I'll pin this to my France board 🙂 Thanks for sharing your tips!!

22. November 3, 2012 / 1:14 pm

How have I not heard about this literary gem? Thank you for the tip!