My Art {Beachy Greys}

I have been happily painting my heart out

this month and wanted to share some work

(a few acrylics on canvas are available in my shop

and are priced as low as prints).

Update:

they all sold right away so i’ll be stocking

the shop with more very soon!

Do you imagine me a tidy painter?

Oh hark. You would be mistaken.

I placed this one in the living room and will

show you later.

I have been flirting with metallics lately so some

sparkle subtly in daylight and magically at night.

These are available at my shop right here. (keep checking back
as they sell quickly!)

I lacked courage to pick up a paintbrush

until Melissa
(whose landscapes and fashion sketches decorate our home)
urged me to do it.

The driftwood sailboat was

created by the lovely hands of Michelle

of Emerald Cove.

Need a tranquil moment for that gallery wall?

Perhaps a visit to the shop will help!

* * *

Our actual anniversary is tomorrow

when I will be whisked away to

an urban wonderland

for delightful shenanigans.

* * * * *

you have brightened my days
and made my heart grow.

1. August 28, 2012 / 12:30 pm

What beautiful paintings…love the serene colors – heading to your shop!!

2. August 28, 2012 / 1:30 pm

Adding "just a touch" of metallic is…just right!!! franki

3. August 28, 2012 / 1:32 pm

Looks beautiful – I´m in awe! 🙂

4. August 28, 2012 / 2:05 pm

Good grief, these are just gorgeous paintings. Your colors are perfect. You have inspired me to do something like this… I had something similar cooking in my brain, so this is just another affirmation to go with it!

Cindy

5. August 28, 2012 / 2:35 pm

Hi!

..really nice blog you have!
    Looooved the pictures of you in your weddingdress!
    ..Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    Made me smile 🙂

6. August 28, 2012 / 3:29 pm

Good for you Michele! You've been so productive and these are gorgeous – like a foggy morning on the beach. You are one talented lady! Enjoy your Urban Wonderland and Anniversary celebration — the anniversary of our first date is tomorrow, too. What a lucky day that must be, right? XOXO

7. August 28, 2012 / 3:32 pm

I love your paintings! They are beautiful! Congtats!! Love your wedding photos! hx

8. August 28, 2012 / 5:34 pm

Hi Michele
    Love your beautiful paintings! very calming colour palette…I'll check out your shop!
    Enjoy your anniversary shenanigans!
    Fiona xx

9. August 28, 2012 / 5:34 pm

What a beautiful blog you have and I love you pictures, they remind me of sand and sea 🙂

Best
    Netta

10. August 28, 2012 / 5:40 pm

As soon as you deliver to the uk Michelle I'll order one..they're all lovely x

11. August 28, 2012 / 6:45 pm

Hi

Thanks for the nice comment by me. This summer I have taken me some time off in the blog world and only priority to publish any posts in a while. Fun to look back up again! Beautiful paintings you create!

Congratulations with your brullupsdagen which was recently! nice post!

Wish you a nice evening
    hug Tonje

12. August 28, 2012 / 6:53 pm

AND you paint???????? What DON'T You do!!! These are SOOOO gorgeous. When is your exhibit? These are some of my absolute most favorite colors, they remind me of my reclaimed stone floors in my kitchen and you know how I feel about those:)
    Absolutely gorgeous Michele, think you need your own website to sell your art. The palette is breathtaking!

13. August 28, 2012 / 6:55 pm

These are SO beautiful! Just the type of thing I always THINK I can do but never can. This is real talent lady!! You need to be selling them (are you?) Happy anniversary!!
    Stacy

14. August 28, 2012 / 8:25 pm

Thanks for the mention, darlin!! Happy to see you taking brush to canvas, let it flow…..
    -M xx

15. August 28, 2012 / 8:27 pm

ps. Happy 25th!! So happy to have been there to share that day with you and B. xo

16. August 28, 2012 / 8:27 pm

-M xx

17. August 28, 2012 / 8:47 pm

These are soooo lovely! I'm off to your shop to see more. 🙂

18. August 28, 2012 / 8:47 pm

sooooo long ago, M!

you and your family made my dreams come true that day, and if you didn't rescue me and cari with your beautiful wardrobe, i would've looked like a ragamuffin for that rehearsal!!! thank you.

🙂

19. August 28, 2012 / 9:16 pm

Hi Michele!
    Oh they are beautiful. You are so talented.
    Love the colors in them…

Susanne ♥

20. August 28, 2012 / 9:18 pm

Michele, these are wonderful, the first image really caught my eye and I said, ooooh that is pretty even before I knew they were done by YOU!! I love the way you express yourself, both artistically and through your blog. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your time with your sweetheart!
    xo Kathysue

21. August 28, 2012 / 9:25 pm

I just received your comment. Thanks! I love the paintings and color scheme is just right. So glad to be introduced!

22. August 28, 2012 / 9:37 pm

Michele,

You decorate, sing, AND paint?!!! I WISH I had been born with some if your creativity! Your paintings remind me of my youth. I remember those grey mornings at the beach.. Wonderful memories 🙂

23. August 28, 2012 / 11:51 pm

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride your were… such a gorgeous gown!
    You are quite the artist! I love your use of varied hues!
    Yvonne

24. August 29, 2012 / 12:31 am

Gorgeous paintings – love the beach blues and subtle greys – they would look perfectly at home in my beach house – I just signed up as your latest follower!
    x
    Melissah

25. August 30, 2012 / 3:05 am

Your art has soul, M and I feel that whenever I see the ones you painted for my little Matthew. He already loves it… I believe he feels good when he sees it… like I do.

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

26. August 30, 2012 / 7:17 am

That is a lovely painting,
    calming in fact…
    Love the driftwood from Michelle too.

27. August 30, 2012 / 4:46 pm

oh, oh, OH.
    love, love, LOVE
    this series.
    this art.
    this calm.

erin
    xxoo

btw…..you have way underpriced these gems…..

28. August 31, 2012 / 6:55 am

It is always so inspiring to visit you Michele!!!! Wow… I really love these paintings…. the beautiful calm colours… the sea… so beuatiful!

29. August 31, 2012 / 9:32 pm

I'm a lucky girl…I'm a lucky girl…said in a real smug voice 🙂