INTERVIEW: DECOR DE PROVENCE’S DESIREE

ashlee raubach photography

Her sense of style and that image

of the blonde child in motion

immediately stole my heart.

Interior designer and bloglicious

Desiree

of

Decor de Provence

is one of the loveliest life-stylers on the web,

and her blog for me was love at first sight.

a few of the inspiring draws of this designer & her blog:

Her lovely home’s breeziness, European easy elegance,

her preference for functional beauty, and her gentle spirit.

Want to take a peek inside her home?

I know, I know.

Catch your breath and don’t

do anything drastic to your home

like wire it with explosives to start over.

I asked the designer what springs to mind

when she thinks about beauty in imperfection.

“Finding beauty in simple things,

uniqueness of the individual,

the freedom to be me, art, and nature.”

isn’t she lovely?

My sweet friend’s current inspirations go much deeper

than a favorite designer wallpaper or shelter magazine.

My relationship to my Heavenly Father

and His son Jesus Christ.

My husband and my children.

Enjoying the beauty that life offers.

still…i’m curious about her favorite magazine.

kidding!

no i’m not.

Dreamy blues and greens and a naturally effortless

chic add to her design’s charm.

Bouvet hardware and authentic period light fixtures

were employed throughout this gorgeous home.

Desiree’s take on creativity…

“It’s an expression of one’s self, and I believe we have been

given gifts from a higher source.

We are expected to lift and share with one another.

Life would be so dull without creativity!!”

Tell it, sista.

A recipe for finding the lovely and sacredness in the “everyday.”

“Everyday is a gift!

We all should strive to live in the moment more by embracing the good

and bad and learning to grow from each experience.

When we live from our hearts, we can not only see

and feel the blessings of everyday life, we can lift and strengthen

others. Gratitude for each experience is finding

the lovely and sacredness in the ‘everyday.'”

ashlee rauchbach photography

This interview with Desiree

reminded me of how connected

“living from the heart” is to

living an inspired life.

Merci for the peek into your home and heart today and everyday, Desiree.

1. April 29, 2011 / 2:28 pm

what a gorgeous home! Her design is so simple and elegant and love her look on life. Each room just pours our serene and calm.

2. April 30, 2011 / 2:13 pm

M,

This is stunning! The whole post is a blessing. Not only the gorgeous home (which is so evident), but also this person. It's beautiful to find people that you feel connected to by words of real meaning.

I also want to thank you and your mom. I'm so happy she likes my blog! It felt as a gift. Honestly!

Have a great weekend and enjoy every minute you have with your mom. 🙂

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

3. May 1, 2011 / 9:35 am

This is the kind of effortless elegance I would hope to achieve in my grown-up house when I buy one, although it may be a little scaled down in size!

I am completely and utterly charmed by her style and home, so beautiful!

Still holidaying in sunshine here, back to work on Tuesday (boo) so going to get some more sun this weekend! Hope you're having a glorious weekend, my lovely!

Meera xx

4. May 1, 2011 / 8:18 pm

I hope she doesn't mind that I will be moving in soon:) Her home is gorgeous. And yes the thought of explosives did come to mind:) Thanks for such a great post… now I have to get to work on my house!!!

5. May 1, 2011 / 10:49 pm

I love her blog already! Isn't it amazing? That house is so amazing. I think you could have almost any look in there and it would look stunning – so many original feautres. Love it!!!

Sarahx

6. May 1, 2011 / 10:53 pm

Those are images of pure gorgeousness! What simple elegance! X

7. May 2, 2011 / 5:40 am

her home reminds us all how much EARTH IS CRAMMED WITH HEAVEN, yes?

and Sarah Three Boys: HA! yes, step away from the explosives. email decordeprovence.com instead for ideas!

michele

8. May 4, 2011 / 1:07 pm

what gorgeousness…thanks for sharing on fridays unfolded…heading over immediately!

9. May 5, 2011 / 1:40 am

Wow!! SO my taste. Thanks for sharing 🙂

10. May 5, 2011 / 10:25 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your friends home. I'm heading over there with some kleenex in case I drool *winks* Vanna