Personal Reflections: Marigold Muse, Kate Towers Dress & BRCA update

Hi.

I have been b.u.s.y and feel it’s time for a

good long exhale…and ruffles.

So for you, images I shot of

my lovely summer muse

in the backyard.

Ilse Jacobsen boots

Kate Towers handmade gown

She doesn’t wear makeup. Can’t take a bad photo.

Hers is the kindest heart.

As my in-house nurse after

the mastectomy and reconstruction,

she washed my hair and helped

with the unspeakable.

I found the can at Urban Farmgirl just down the road

Can you feel the gentle spirit of my muse

and this day?

So much gratitude for the beauty

penetrating my soul which becomes clearer

when I am vulnerable, weak, and even weary.

So many of you keep close tabs on me,

and I am happy to report I feel like

myself again.

My sister is recovering from her last

surgery, and my mom’s battle

continues with breast cancer.

What an inspiration and warrior she is

through the suffering and harsh updates.

prayers, and cheer in these tough times
as I journey with BRCA genetic mutation.

1. September 27, 2013 / 4:09 am

Oh my gosh Michele.. what a beauty she is, and such a kind heart.. perfect. I am so glad you are feeling a little more like yourself. You are a warrior! Take it easy .. and do something special for yourself every day. Wishing your sister and mom well too. I have two friends that have had the same surgery you've had, my own health issues, and a dad that's suffering (you already know about that..) Life is not for sissy's .. that's for sure.

Take care, xxL

2. September 27, 2013 / 6:03 am

Michele the answer is yes. I do feel the gentle spirit of your muse as reflected in your photos. And there's something about the soft lighting and the encouraging updates about your mom, your sis and you that makes this post so lovely.I'm so glad to know you had such a kind caretaker when your body was weak and vulnerable. She looks so pretty in those ruffles.
    Leslie

3. September 27, 2013 / 9:21 am

She is stunning and makes a wonderful subject. But more important SO happy to hear you are feeling yourself again! I can feel the good karma and energy oozing from these photos….I know its been a tough road for you and then to have to have it happen with your sister and mother is almost unimaginable. You have handled it with such grace and elegance….a true beautiful heroine. Wishing you many happy days ahead of good health, love and laughter:)

4. September 27, 2013 / 12:15 pm

We are sending you hope and encouragement all the way!! This is a tough battle but it sounds like you come from a strong line of women and I feel in my heart that you will do well. Heres to years and years of good health to come!
    Best and enjoy your weekend, Karolyn

5. September 27, 2013 / 3:18 pm

thanks so much. some harsh news yesterday about my mom who is doing everything she can to heal. if you pray, i hope you will whisper her name. a miracle would be great just now.

6. September 27, 2013 / 4:01 pm

She is beautiful… How wonderful to have her during this difficult time for you and your family. Wishing you continued good health. Happy for you to be feeling better… Enjoy your day

7. September 27, 2013 / 10:00 pm

Praise for the "Caregivers" of this world. Your muse is beautiful. Many blessings to you & her….

8. September 29, 2013 / 12:37 am

so glad you are feeling well, darling! i am sending light and love to your mum.
    erin
    xxoo

9. September 29, 2013 / 10:47 pm

You've captured your muse so beautifully – such a glow in her! Glad you are well, Michele. Thanks for the update. Sending my very best to you all ~
    Loi

10. October 1, 2013 / 4:04 pm

Beautiul post (and photography!), GORGEOUS ladies (yes of course the one behind the camera too!), beautiful words.

I am thinking of you all the time and mention you often. Just wish I could move your city closer to mine.

Love to you and the young lady (Ford Models will be calling soon).

11. October 15, 2013 / 10:25 pm

Your care-giver looks like
    a beautiful soul, inside and
    out. I bet she was thrilled
    with these pictures! I am oh-
    so-happy to hear that you are
    feeling well and I hope that
    your sister is also on the mend.
    Your mom also remains in my
    prayers. Warrior women, all!

Love & Hugs,