My Home: Guest Bedroom + $81 + sonnet lxix.

Our guest room got a wee facelift with:

1940’s bed & dresser

(shell motif and snagged for $75!),

dropleaf table ($5),

little white chair ($1),

and Louis chair (free from mom).

White paint (Benjamin Moore, white dove)

unites everything.

all images mine

Watercolor of the princess

by Italian artist

Irene Diamente.

This old box has been with me forever.

Abstract landscape by

Chad Wys.

Commissioned drawings by

Alicia Lynne Carrier.

Panel by me.

Thanks for taking a peek!

I would love to have you subscribe for free!

INTERIOR DESIGN

Build a Better Blog

BEAUTY/FASHION
Skincare
Fashion Designers
Clothing

1. March 6, 2011 / 2:14 am

This room is so pretty! You are a bargain shopper, those are some amazing deals. Great job, the final result is just beautiful.

alejandrakearl.blogspot.com

2. March 30, 2011 / 4:09 pm

Absolutely gorgeous! The whites are lovely together, and I'm a big fan of coral and shells placed on vintage silver. Saw this over at Pink Postcard.

3. March 30, 2011 / 8:45 pm

I love white rooms! I could spend some time here! I think that tray full of lovelies is just wonderful! I'm visiting from Pink Postcard.

4. March 31, 2011 / 12:47 am

Such a pretty room…GREAT savings on your pieces!!!

5. April 1, 2011 / 12:18 am

really really beautiful. LOVE. I think I'd have a hard time leaving! 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing at Transformations and Treasures!

6. April 1, 2011 / 4:15 pm

Absolutely gorgeous~ I adore your space – it is magnificent!! Thanks for coming over and sharing at Feathered Nest Friday~ hope you will come back by and say hello again sometime! 🙂

7. April 1, 2011 / 5:34 pm

This bedrrom is fit for a queen! It is SO beautiful!! You really scored with those furniture deals!

8. April 1, 2011 / 11:55 pm

This is such a beautiful room and these pictures are pretty enough to frame.
    xo,
    Sena

9. April 2, 2011 / 1:56 am

Hi Michele, What a beautiful bed and a gorgeous room! You would never guess this room was done with very little money. Thanks for joining my party.
    xo,
    Sherry

10. April 2, 2011 / 5:06 am

Hi. I'm stopping by from the blog party! It's nice to meet you!

11. April 2, 2011 / 10:50 am

That bed is absolutely gorgeous! Your guests will love all of the special touches in here… xoxo

12. April 2, 2011 / 2:45 pm

I am a little bit late for the friday blog hop, but I am catching up, so I am your newest follower.
    hope you could visit and follow mine as well. tnx!…
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com

13. April 2, 2011 / 7:26 pm

Stopping by from the UBP11. I love this room. So jealous! I wish I could do more white, but with two crazy littles I think I would just be asking for trouble. 🙂 Hope you're having a great day. Glad I stopped by.
    Jennifer

14. April 3, 2011 / 6:47 pm

Hi! Just stopping by from the UBP tour! Your guest room is gorgeous!

15. April 4, 2011 / 3:20 pm

How beautiful and serene! I love what you've done to your bedroom. It looks so luxurious, the best part is you spent less than $100 bucks. Now that's a God given talent!

Happy Cottage Monday!
    -marie

16. April 4, 2011 / 5:06 pm

Oh fabulous! Gorgeous! Love the dreamy whites!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

17. April 7, 2011 / 1:22 pm

Wow what a find! Dresser and bed! Lucky girl! Looks so dreamy!

18. April 8, 2011 / 4:35 pm

Howdy!

What a nice room!

I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

Anyhow…please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

And…Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

Have a very blessed day!! :0)

19. April 10, 2011 / 3:34 am

What a beautiful room and great bargains. Its just gorgeous!

20. April 10, 2011 / 4:08 pm

looks perfect!!!! I love all White rooms, you did such a fabulous job 🙂

21. July 19, 2011 / 9:51 am

Goodness grief what a stunner of a room. Somehow I find it appropriate that my landscape provides a subtle burst of color in an otherwise immaculate setting, because I would be a brute and a terror myself in a white room. I shudder to think what horrid dirt and stains I'd leave behind without trying to. Really lovely!

22. September 28, 2011 / 1:59 am

Lovely…enchanting! And so peaceful… love all the white/muted colors… oh oh and Pablo Neruda is my fav poet of all poet… your quote made me smiled… thanks for participating in Show Off Your Cottage Monday and bringing me here!

Cielo

23. September 28, 2011 / 2:57 am

What a gorgeous white room. I just love white decor and this bedroom is beautiful. So restful and peaceful feeling.

24. October 6, 2011 / 1:40 am

$81 well spent! Serene, clean and just right. Love the white. :),
    -Revi

25. October 8, 2011 / 4:26 am

What a beautiful, serene room!!! I am a "color" person, but would love an all-white room somewhere in this house. Crazy? You did an amazing thing!