My Home: HELLO LOVELY {6 cheap chic finds}

Thanks so much for taking a peek today.

It seems none of us can get enough on a shoestring decor finds, and I go nuts for a bargain!

I had very little cash after we built our home 5 years ago, so…

My Entry

all photos by me

Dining.

Hallway table (48″): $69 and ugly until I painted it Benjamin Moore White Dove

Sisal rug: $20 at Target on sale, and I painted the formerly green border white.

Parsons chairs: $8 each at a tag sale.

Art: FREE. I create these canvas panels.

My Kitchen

Kitchen.

Bar stools: $14 Pottery Barn knock-offs from Shopko.

Chandelier: $10. Yes! Ten bucks at Lowe’s.

My Kitchen

Vintage table on wheels: rescued from trash, $25 for casters via eBay.

Breakfast table: $99 new and u.g.l.y. in cherry wood before I painted it.

Hallway chandelier

Let-there-be-light…spending.

Chandelier: $400 via eBay. It’s HUGE and dripping with femininity. (ugh. some bulbs to change.)

My Bedroom

Boudoir.

Chaise: $200.

Lamps: $30.

Bench: $99.

all via J. C. Penny outlet

My Bedroom

Farmhouse chair: $3 at tag sale, HANDMADE!

andcovered in $5 of Dupioni silk

My Bedroom

vintage hamper: FREE for helping a friend with gardening/garage clean up.

My Bathroom

Bath.

all plumbing fixtures: under $50 each via eBay.

Soaking tub: $500 via eBay.

vintage Dutch cafe chair: $11 on sale at flea market.

My Laundry Room

Laundry Room.

Resin shelf with dentil moulding: $5 display at Menard’s.

Thanks for joining me and celebrating my frugal finds!

~michele

1. September 16, 2011 / 3:26 pm

You have an eye for bargains, every room looks splendid.
    I love your beautiful home.
    Hugs,
    Angela.

2. September 16, 2011 / 9:13 pm

thanks so much, Angela. the baby items you create are gorgeous!

michele

3. September 17, 2011 / 6:27 am

thx, sandy. fortunately crumbs don't show up easily and the floor is crumb colored you'll notice.

4. September 18, 2011 / 2:59 am

It looks fantastic and I bet you're guessing that most of us would be too chicken to go all white! It must be breath taking at Christmas…do you do all white and silver decorations?

5. September 18, 2011 / 2:35 pm

i actually bring in pops of red, but honestly i don't do too much holiday decorating. i'm more of an uncluttered gal, so lots of white lights and a few trees!

thanks for the kind words!

6. September 22, 2011 / 4:33 pm

Your home is so gorgeous, and you really did a fabulous job on your luscious decor. thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo

7. October 7, 2011 / 5:01 am

What a beautiful home…even lovelier that you're decorating in a thrifty fashion! What fun!

: )

Julie M.

8. October 7, 2011 / 9:56 am

I hope my house in heaven looks like your house on earth:) May you enjoy it for many years to come! God bless x

9. SoulandGrace
    October 10, 2011 / 4:09 pm

You have an amazing flair for finding great deals! Your house is so beautiful and calming.

10. October 17, 2011 / 11:58 pm

Love all of your bargains but that $10 chandelier from Lowes has to be your best find. I love your furniture…obviously not a bargain, but where did you get it? It's beautiful.

11. October 18, 2011 / 3:04 am

all bargains except for kitchen chairs (always a good investment)and an expensive Italian sectional in the family room! my kitchen table was $69. pieces in dining room approx $200 total.

i like bargains!

thanks for reading.

michele

12. October 18, 2011 / 6:55 am

I HAVE ENJOY YOUR HOME SO MUCH I LOVE YOUR TASTE SO FEMENINE AND ROMANTIC NOT TO MUCH JUST RIGHT,CONGRATULATIONS YOUR HOME IS BEAUTIFUL AND YOU DID NOT HAVE TO SPEND SO MUCH ..XO…SANDRA

13. November 11, 2011 / 2:32 am

I love your home! It is gorgeous! You have done a fabulous job decorating it! It's such an inspiration!

14. November 11, 2011 / 11:38 pm

Wow you got some great stuff here! I especially love that chandelier!