Feel like peeking?
Ok, but I’ve got a burrrrnnnnnrning question for you to answer: HOW DO YOU GET MOTIVATED TO SPRING CLEAN? Cuz it is HIGH TIME i kick the booty into high gear and get down and dirty like a bad mambajamba.(even i am shocked at how lame i am.)
I got a wee start over the weekend but my list of chores keeps getting lonnnnnggger.
Isn’t it surprising how quickly things around the house start to feel outdated and passe even when you thought you were achieving a timeless look 5 years ago?
Today’s post is a sort of to-do list.
- Extract granny from the dining room.
despite my modern canvases, it is still too precious and unsexy. not that grannies can’t be sexy…
2. Inject more texture and personality into the kitchen.
i need rugs and probably some contemporary and organic strokes. there’s a phrase painted above the window over the sink you can’t see that reads LOVE LIVES HERE.
and it does.
3. Figure out those *%#$ shelves.
they were a friggin mess when this was snapped. honestly they are different every week because
i am never satisfied.
4. Hello? The screen porch needs therapy!
a rug, new pillows, and maybe some curtains will lift her mood, yes?
5. Figure out how to replace bulbs 18 feet in the air.
when you’re not a masochist.
6. Keep the calm, but puhhhhleeease lose the boring factor.
functionally, the room works great.
7. Sew a laundry bag to go in the antique hamper.
my sewing skillz? this should be interesting.
8. Find an alternate location for the dress form.
this is our closet, and my man says she creeps him out and must go byebye.
9. Find properly scaled accessories.
these are a SCALE FAIL.
10. Replace the dried hydrangea.
and i’m sick of the teal.
wanted to show off the antique stained glass we put in the WC to steal natural light from the downstairs hall.
11. Lose the dollar store silver chargers.
it’s only the laundry room, but they’ve over stayed their welcome.
12. Find storage for a teeny powder room.
need to hide the Febreeze and extra rolls. btw, yes. that is COLOR on the walls: Nurture by Glidden.
do i sound edgy?
i’m just exhausted and keepin it real. and sadly out of chocolate.
The appointment book is full this week: scrubbing and organizing while my man works magic on the basement.
If your week promises something different…YAY! LIVE IT UP FOR ME!
Hope you’ll follow this lovely journey.
Peace to you right where you are.