It’s My Birthday: Let Them Eat Cake & #CozyonDown With Bedroom Decor

It’s my birthday so I have been taking it easy all day. My favorite gift today is the snowfall since I woke up to its silent gentle accumulation decorating the trees surrounding our home. What a lovely sight to behold when your favorite color is white and you choose to stay in PJs for #cozyondown time, savoring the beauty of a January day. The light streaming through the windows just now is a glorious pink-winter-light, and an assorted lot of birds and squirrels are here to entertain. Since I’m in charge of this moment in time, I present this lazy excuse of a not-so-serious post: It’s My Birthday: Let Them Eat Cake & #CozyonDown With Bedroom Decor.

Michele & Luna - Hello Lovely Studio.
Sweet Luna of the Southwest.

It’s My Birthday: Let Them Eat Cake & #CozyonDown With Bedroom Decor

This post contains affiliate links which I hope you will use since they won’t cost you a penny extra yet may earn this blog a small commission.

I Do Love Me Some Cake

Last year, I showed you how to easily hack a Funfetti cake mix, and this year I’ll give this a try subbing coconut oil for the butter and skim for the whole milk (or NOT – when it comes to me and cake these days, better to simply have a taste of that buttery deliciousness and call it a day!).

Michele & Luna - Hello Lovely Studio.

My Favorite Cozy Pillow

I’m well aware of how many cozy von cozy products I link to each and every day, but if there was just one that I could recommend wholeheartedly today, it is this sweet Sleepgram pillow that cradles my noggin each and every night. It has a genius design that makes it just right for everybody…go ahead and read about its adjustable intelligent design.

Sleepgram Pillow

I am grateful for you, inventors at Sleepgram!

Would You, Could you #CozyonDown at Versailles?

Funny quote about chocolate on Hello Lovely Studio. #quotes #funnyquote #humor #chocolate

Jammies

Cozy Classic Bedroom Headboards

Chunky Knit Throw

Funny humor quote on Hello Lovely Studio: go big or go home... #quotes #funnyquotes #humor #homebody #quotes

Because the Snuggle is Real

To Contain Snuggly Essentials

Snuggle-Worthy Bedrooms to Inspire

Romantic muted colors in a bedroom - Ashlee Raubach.
Ashlee Raubach
Gustavian and French decor inspiration from a beautiful custom cottage in Utah - Decor de Provence. #frenchcountry #interiordesign #frenchcottage
Photo/Design: Decor de Provence – See more of this Nordic French home HERE.
Encouraging and inspirational quote on Hello Lovely Studio: When life gives you Monday...#quotes #inspirationalquote #funnyquotes #encouragement #mondays
Decor de Provence
Gorgeous modern European country bedroom design style in this Houston home by Southampton. #europeancountry #interiordesign #whitedecor #modernfrench
See more of this home HERE.
Patina Farm master bedroom by Giannetti Home is a study in European country elegance with California organic simplicity. Photo: Velvet and Linen.
Design: Giannetti Home – Photo: Velvet and Linen.
See this story for more glimpses of this Tennessee cottage.
Hope Farm – Photo: Pernille Pahle: See more inspiration from this Cotswolds cottage HERE.
Nordic French white bedroom with light grey, linen, and white. Stikwood on wall, alder doors, cottage style furniture, and white oak flooring. #hellolovelystudio #bedroom #frenchcountry #nordicfrench #stikwood #serene #romantic #whitebedroom
Hello Lovely Studio – Shop my house HERE.
Come tour our French nordic cottage style bedroom with Stikwood statement wall and tone on tone decor - Hello Lovely Studio.
Hello Lovely Studio
Photo: Haven In – See more of this vacation home HERE.
Luxurious classic coastal style bedroom design in a magnificent bespoke traditional home from architectural design firm Geoff Chick & Associates. #coastalstyle #coastaldecor #bedroomdesign #interiordesign
Geoff Chick & Associates – Photo: Colleen Duffley.
J. K. Rowling quote about boldness: anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. #inspirationalquote #jkrowling #harrypotter #quotes #couragequotes

Bedroom Furniture & Decor

Tall & Tufted Headboard

Classic Pillow Talk Backdrop

Vintage Style Headboard

Farmhouse Style Headboard

Bonjour for a Boudoir

Weathered Woodsy Goodness

Curvy Headboard Loveliness

Funny humor quote on Hello Lovely Studio: when life shuts a door...#funnyquotes #humor #quotes #quotesaboutlife

Retro Rosy Pillow

Panel Headboard

Linen Lovely

Unexpected Billowy Awesomeness

How to Make an Envelope Pillow

DIY Envelope Pillow Tutorial

Penguins With Pillows

Funny Pillow Scene from Madagascar

Feed Me This ‘Pillow-like’ Treat

French Macarons!

I love eating them and have made them more than a handful of times, but they are not the easiest treat to whip up! Here’s an awesome tutorial:

Serious Cuddle Factor

If you listen to the ‘veteran cuddler’s’ wisdom in the video below, maybe you’ll glimpse the beauty of becoming a vessel and a source of healing. We can never have too many such reminders.

This Woman Is Known as the 'Grandma Cuddler'

This is the sweetest thing ever… 😊😊😊

Posted by Power of Positivity on Friday, December 21, 2018

Cultivating a Softer Heart

As I muddle through life with a chronic illness that strips me of a lot of comfort, my compassion grows. I’m not special; it is impossible to not deepen when grace becomes such an integral element in your daily life.

Tomorrow is not promised, and now that I know my Crohn’s disease can progress, I am struck by the gift of this life here and now. Remember that you don’t need more time to get all polished up to be worthy of love and mercy. You’re lovely right where you are, and the outside sparkly stuff will follow as the inside stuff is bathed in light.

Hello Lovely Studio

What a gift to reach another birthday! I’m hoping remission from disease will someday find me, but if it doesn’t, I’ll remain joyful and encourage others to #cozyondown because I’M A CHILD OF GOD WITH A MADE UP MIND AND A WHOLE LOTTA GRACE CARRYING MY FAIRY SELF THROUGH THE VALLEY.

Ya know?

KEEP IT COZY, kittycats.

-michele

Shopping for items you already intended to buy on Amazon RIGHT HERE (not just items mentioned in posts) or home decor keeps decor inspiration flowing on Hello Lovely!

Hello Lovely is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

White Slipcovered Sofa
Bar Stool
Beachy White Slipcovered Sofa
Rattan Armchair
Diptyque Oyedo Candle
Cross Back Dining Chair
French Country Candle Holder
French Industrial Metal Chairs (4)
Designer Favorite Wall Mirror
Arched Champagne Wall Mirror
Moravian Star 1-Light Pendant
Highback Armchair
Mini Pendant Light
White Vase Set
Round Woven Placemat Set
Fireclay Farm Sink (Reinhard, 30″)
Matelasse Coverlet
Quilted Coverlet
Boheme Madera Bench
Belgian Linen Duvet Set
Round Marble Side Table
Rustic Pedestal Farm Table
Teak Farmhouse Stool
click to subscribe!

1. Kathy Walsh
    January 24, 2020 / 5:22 am

Happy Birthday, Michele! Enjoy a cozy day!❀️

January 24, 2020 / 9:32 am

Thanks so much, Kathy. You know I like to keep it on the co-co (or is it that too cuckoo?). πŸ™‚ Peace to you!

2. Marilyn S.
    January 24, 2020 / 7:11 am

Happy Happy Birthday ! Celebrating your life with you, you bring so much to this little spot in the universe

January 24, 2020 / 9:29 am

What kindness you bring here, Marilyn. Thank you, thank you. Be blessed today and filled with peace. xox

3. January 24, 2020 / 7:52 am

Happy Birthday my beautiful friend!! Enjoy! You are queen for the weekend!🌸🌺🌷

January 24, 2020 / 9:29 am

Yay – it’s good to be queen for a couple of days only, though it’s questionable whether the men in my life would agree…hahahaha. Thanks for reading, journeying with me, sharing your creative journey so beautifully online, and cheering me on. Bon weekend!

4. Deb Wostmann
    January 24, 2020 / 8:32 am

Happy happy birthday to you from another January birthday girl. May your year be full of good health, love, joy, and laughter.

January 24, 2020 / 9:28 am

Happy birthday to you too, January girl. Thank you for those most lovely wishes. Isn’t it a wonder that we can actually set these intentions for the year? Like – I’m choosing to be joyful, come what may… So powerful! Thanks for reading. πŸ™‚

5. Carol S.
    January 24, 2020 / 8:38 am

Happy Birthday, the inspiration just keeps coming and now includes CAKE!! Hope your weekend is extra cozy too.

January 24, 2020 / 9:26 am

Thanks so much for reading and giggling with me, Carol. It is shaping up to be a cozy weekend with the people I love most. πŸ™‚ Peace to you and happy weekend.

6. Theresa
    January 24, 2020 / 9:45 am

Happy birthday, fellow Aquarian!! Like you, I spent the beginning of my birthday (Jan. 21) in bed … dreaming of tacos and enjoying the rain even though I wished for snow but given that I was in AZ, the free-form snow warmed over was just as good. I hope that your birthday cake candles were lighted with love and the year brings you continued better health. ~ If you are ever in Scottsdale AZ, I hope that you can see Dr. Phillip Wazny (naturopath) who has helped me take back my health. Abrazos, T

January 24, 2020 / 10:00 am

Hi Theresa! Happy birthday to you, lovely soul! I am writing the doctor’s name down and thank you kindly for this referral. I do feel the need to see a naturopath (my husband has received such wonderful care from a practice in Chicago), and I would love to see the quality of my health improve. If you feel inclined, do email me with more of your story (michele at hellolovelystudio dot com). Thanks so much for your tenderness.

7. January 24, 2020 / 9:54 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELE!!! I’m delighted to hear you are enjoying your snowy white day in a truly relaxing and self indulgent manner that you so deserve. This dreamy post makes me desire to stay in bed all day watching Marie Antoinette movies and eating cake. LOVE CAKE. Eat some to your hearts content today. xox

January 24, 2020 / 4:46 pm

Thank you for reading! Let’s do just THAT together in a fancy hotel someday, Celia. My niece applies makeup masterfully, and she can get us looking like royalty as we luxuriate with cake. It’s another snowy white day today, and since I was exhausted from all the cozying on down, I actually watched a movie in the middle of the day!!! Who am I becoming? My family will suspect a pod person has moved in. πŸ™‚

8. Ellie
    January 24, 2020 / 11:52 am

Happy Birthday Michele!! Wishing you good health and happiness. Thank you for the joy, inspiration and beauty you bring into the lives of so many, especially me. God bless you.

January 24, 2020 / 4:42 pm

Thank you for adding beauty here, Ellie. It’s so lovely to have you here, and I appreciate the kind words. πŸ™‚

9. January 24, 2020 / 12:46 pm

Joyeux anniversaire, Michele! Wishing you the best year yet!
    And thank you for curating my daily Pause Zen with beautiful interiors and your positive energy.

January 24, 2020 / 4:42 pm

You’re such an inspiration to me, Frenchie. Thank you for your lovely heart and support. πŸ™‚

10. Joanna
    January 24, 2020 / 5:10 pm

Happy Birthday Michele! We need to enjoy every birthday that comes along and never take them for granted. Yes, eat cake and celebrate!

Enjoy God’s gift of softly falling snow from the warmth of your home,. There is something peaceful and quiet about snow.

Blessings,
    ~Joanna

January 24, 2020 / 10:52 pm

Thank you, beautiful soul, for the wishes and your sweet friendship through the seasons. Have a wonderful weekend, friend.

11. Amy
    January 24, 2020 / 10:52 pm

Happy happy birthday dear soul! Praying for a year of more and more relief for you from the Great PhysicianπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌπŸ™πŸΌ You are an inspiration to us all in some many ways!! ❀️

January 25, 2020 / 8:42 am

Thank you, Amy. I’ll keep fighting and pivoting and seeking wellness as this journey enfolds – who knows what adventure lies ahead? Your encouragement is so wonderful to have – peace to you.

12. January 26, 2020 / 11:49 am

Belated birthday sweetness to you beautiful lady! I am always amazed by how much you accomplish on this blog. So much outstanding content.

January 26, 2020 / 9:25 pm

Thanks for the wishes, Colleen! And thank you for your kindness – so happy to have you here. Hope this finds you and yours well!

13. Beverly
    January 28, 2020 / 1:35 pm

Michele,
    Well Happy birthday (a Little late) You are allowed to do whatever you want on your birthday. Cake is always a special treat and I like that confetti one. I bet it was so beautiful with everything dusted in white.
    Have a great week.
    Hugs,
    Bev

January 28, 2020 / 4:03 pm

Thank you, Bev! Another year older and hopefully wiser – peace to you, friend.

14. January 29, 2020 / 3:16 pm

Happy belated birthday sweetie!!!! I hope you get your birthday wish xo

January 30, 2020 / 12:12 am

Thank you, Katherine. Physical healing of my body is what I most long for at the moment, and I know you well understand. Peace to you, lovely woman.

January 30, 2020 / 12:10 am