9 Clues You May Be Obsessed With Interior Design

[social_warfare buttons=”Pinterest, Facebook”]

It has been too long since last I poked fun at us designfreaks! Let’s laugh!

But first this…the squirrel reminds me of myself, and the dog is who I aspire to be.

9 Clues You May Be Obsessed With Interior Design

Clue No. 1

You connect with the motto “To thine own SHELF, be true.” HA!

Clue No. 2

You have visualized your kitchen cabinets painted
light grey, white, or navy blue.

Clue No. 3

The difference between “jacquard” and “damask”
patterns is explained by you with relative ease.

Clue No. 4

Multiple physical injuries have occurred in your home
due to family members colliding with furniture
in rooms you re-arranged.

Clue No. 5

You can easily identify the most expensive rug
on the showroom floor.

Clue No. 6

You have an opinion about tufting.

Clue No. 7

You have been asked by friends to pick paint colors
more times than you can remember.

(psst…find the perfect WHITE paint color here!)

Clue No. 8

You have purchased back issues of
Veranda on eBay.

White decor and interior design ideas from Leanne Ford - arched French doors to a unique all white bath with modern farmhouse style! Midcentury modern style touches, and edgy cool design by Leanne Ford. #bathroomdesign #allwhite #whitedecor #freestandingtub #shiplap #rusticmodern #rusticdecor #midcenturymodern

Find more of Leanne Ford designed rooms here!

Clue No. 9

You follow Hello Lovely Studio on Pinterest! (Yay!)

Still not sure if you are obsessed? I made this for you!

Have fun today, friends!

30″ Bar Stool
Beachy White Slipcovered Sofa
Rattan Armchair
Antiqued French Lamp
Light Grey Rattan Chair
French Country Altar Candlestick
French Industrial Metal Cafe Chair (Set of 2)
Designer Favorite Wall Mirror
French Country Chandelier
Rustic Rectangle Farm Table
Teak Farmhouse Stool

~michele

1. debbie
    April 20, 2018 / 3:58 am

ha ha ha ha ha! That squirrel is my spirit animal……………… Obsessed is a very strong word Michele, although, I can while away an hour or two re-arranging glass cloches on my kitchen island, I do get a little too irritated by the sight of a cushion placed on it’s point, I don’t think the words; pleather, cup-holder or reclining action should preceed the word “chair”, EVER and my husband has been known to utter the words, “I’m just glad I’m not Helen Keller!”

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 6:23 am

AMEN and amen to all of the banned chair prefixes! Lord have mercy, I want to be that patient, loving, peaceful doggie who is not bothered at all by the compulsive freak and is enjoying the massage! Thanks for playing along, friend. xox

• Connie
      April 20, 2018 / 8:54 am

I’m laughing hysterically at the words you say should never precede the word “chair”. I feel EXACTLY the same way! When I had a decorating business I swore to myself that if anyone ever asked me to design a room with team-colored reclining chairs with cup-holders in them, I’d refuse the project.

(I’m gonna laugh over this one allllllllll day! Thanks for the wonderful giggle!)

2. Bonnie Patterson
    April 20, 2018 / 6:02 am

I have at least 8 of the 9 obsessions and your last video describes me to a t! Too funny and totally enjoy your blog every morning before coffee! Thank you.

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 6:18 am

Thank goodness I’m in good company, Bonnie. Thanks for the kind words this morning – I love joining you for coffee. 🙂

3. Marilyn S.
    April 20, 2018 / 6:36 am

Loved this fun post and the video was great. I usually don’t click on videos while reading blog post but yours never fail and I never hesitate to click play on Hello Lovely . Thanks for all the time and love you put into making your blog post so lovely , peaceful ,encouraging and fun…..

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 6:46 am

You are so very kind, Marilyn. Thank you for saying the sweetest things and following so loyally. It’s a joy to have you here. xox

4. Susan in MT
    April 20, 2018 / 7:02 am

Thank you Michele for lightening things up today. We are in the middle of a gut remodel. Smile, my motto, I must keep smiling!

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 10:06 am

You betcha! I’ll try to regularly bring more smiles – we all need ’em, and remodels can be the devil! Best to you as you transform and bring beauty – it is going to be LOVELY! 🙂

5. Connie
    April 20, 2018 / 9:04 am

Guilty as charged on most points. Though I don’t follow anyone on Pinterest, I go there for inspiration frequently. Years ago, I truly thought Pinterest was just for decorating inspiration ideas. When someone first told me she’d gotten a recipe from Pinterest I actually said “There are recipes on there??” Yes, Decor Obsession is my middle name. 😉

Loved the wonderful giggles while reading this post with morning tea. I’m going to share it with a friend.

Have a lovely weekend!

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 10:04 am

Thanks for giggling with me! You are so right about Pinterest housing all sorts of things beyond décor! You should definitely follow Hello Lovely – and others – it means your feed will feature some things your kindred spirits are pinning and there are always sweet surprises. Happy weekend, friend. xox

6. Lisa D.
    April 20, 2018 / 12:27 pm

Loved your squirrel video. I laughed out loud. You forgot the 10th clue; when you subscribe to every interior design blog out there because if you don’t, you’re afraid you will miss something really fabulous. Now that’s obsessed!

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 4:07 pm

Yes! Great clue and F.O.M.S.R.F. helps my blog stay active! Happy weekend, Lisa. 🙂

7. April 20, 2018 / 1:12 pm

Guilty as charged!! Always envisioning my kitchen cabinets a different color!! Now the difference between damask and jacquard, I’m a little sketchy on that……maybe I’m a borderline design freak?. Have a great weekend!

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 4:05 pm

You are sketch-y all right – in the loveliest way! Bon weekend! xox

8. Joanna
    April 20, 2018 / 2:27 pm

I love to decorate and vignettes are my passion. My husband thinks I’m quite bonkers. Friends & family come to me for advice and tweaking. Pinterest, Houzz and decorating blogs are my companions during quiet time. But, paint is not my specialty. I find it painful – so many slight variations. No bodies perfect, right?!

• michele
      Author
      April 20, 2018 / 4:04 pm

You are in mighty good company! Have a wonderful weekend, friend. 🙂