37 Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder {Part 1}

Beautiful winter wedding scene with Samoyed in snow in woods - #cozyChristmas #Christmaswedding #winterwonderland

Whether you are enjoying winter white snow and wildlife where you roam or not, I hope you’ll enjoy these heartwarming images, PIN away, and let me know at the finish line which is your favorite! For me, they all reflect
the wonder of nature,
innocence,
and
winter magic.

I am thinking of all of you during this holiday season which brings with it so many BIG feelings that can be overwhelming at times to manage. I know this because I am struggling and ask kindly and humbly that you would pray for me. I am trying my very best to stay true and be gentle with myself as grief, melancholy, and longing bubble up and move me into territory I prefer to avoid. Most of the time I can see with clarity that everything is working for my good and that if only I will stay awake and grounded in reality (letting it be what it is rather than cursing it or retreating from it), I will find peace.  Your comments over the last week have added a buoyant hope to my days that has caught me by surprise. I honor you for taking the time to visit this site and leave footprints in the comment section.

DO PIN AWAY TO SHARE THESE WINTER BEAUTIES WITH EARTHLINGS EVERYWHERE.

Source: Pinterest

Adorable animals in winter - Squirrel happy and cute in snow

Pin me to save this story for later!

There may be no one on the planet more
skilled at capturing winter beauty with words
as succinctly and lyrically as Mary Oliver.
Let her poem about snow soothe
your mind and transport you to
a peaceful wintry state of mind,
then let the images of creatures
on the ground and in the air
warm you to your core.
(Let me know in a comment whether you have snow
in your neck of the woods and which image is your favorite!)

First Snow

The snow
began here
this morning and all day
continued, its white
rhetoric everywhere
calling us back to why, how,
whence such beauty and what
the meaning; such
an oracular fever! flowing
past windows, an energy it seemed
would never ebb, never settle
less than lovely! and only now,
deep into night,
it has finally ended.
The silence
is immense,
and the heavens still hold
a million candles, nowhere
the familiar things:
stars, the moon,
the darkness we expect
and nightly turn from. Trees
glitter like castles
of ribbons, the broad fields
smolder with light, a passing
creekbed lies
heaped with shining hills;
and though the questions
that have assailed us all day
remain — not a single
answer has been found —
walking out now
into the silence and the light
under the trees,
and through the fields,
feels like one.

Mary Oliver
from American Primitive

Beautiful winter scene with cat in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with adorable squirrel in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with adorable dachsund in sweater in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with husky dog puppy in backpack

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with kitten in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with white scotty dog in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with fluffy kitten cat in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with two bluebirds in snow on branch

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Beautiful winter scene with horses in snow

10.

Beautiful winter scene with golden retriever in snow

11.

Beautiful winter scene with mule and cat in snow

12.

Beautiful winter scene with black lab in snow

13.

Beautiful winter scene with dachsunds in shawls in snow

14.

Beautiful winter scene with dog and woman on walk in snow

15.

Beautiful winter scene with English bulldog in snow

16.

Beautiful winter scene with red fox in snow

17.

Beautiful winter scene with golden retriever dog in snow

18.

Beautiful winter scene with dog and baby in snow

19.

Beautiful winter scene with orange cat in snow

20.

Beautiful winter scene with springer spaniel in snow

21.

Beautiful winter scene with italian greyhound in sweater in snow

22.

Beautiful winter scene with winter birds on branch in snow

23.

Beautiful winter scene with large dog and child in snow

24.

Beautiful winter scene with racoon in snow

25.

Beautiful winter scene with fluffy white dog in snow

26.

Beautiful winter scene with cute squirrel in snow

Adorable Animals & Winter Wonder Inspiration

Which of the above miracles is your favorite!?!

~michele

1. Kimberly
    December 23, 2017 / 4:16 pm

Hello , I too struggle with the Holidays, for me I must lower my expectations and allow it to be. I remind myself it is not about presents, parties, decorations, and trying to have the Perfect everything. I remind myself it is about a baby born in a manager some 2000 years ago, gave His life so that I may have eternal life. I am forever grateful for His love and mercy.

My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend,

Peace to you as well.

Kimberly

• December 23, 2017 / 4:44 pm

Thank you, Kimberly. For the prayers, for the hope, and for your light. 🙂

2. PJ
    December 24, 2017 / 4:47 am

I have had holiday seasons very much like what you describe. My solution has been to adopt new traditions. When I found myself newly and unexpectedly single one holiday season, I reached out to one of my Jewish friends. She and I established the tradition of seeing a movie and having Chinese food. (Before that I always wondered who would possibly go to the movies on Christmas.)

I am remarried now, but the kids and grandkids are so widely scattered, that my husband and I find ourselves on our own. I have learned to embrace the quiet and simplicity of our Christmases. We will have a special meal and do some snowshoeing. Then I will curl up with a good book. I wish you peace and hope. Things do get better.

• December 24, 2017 / 3:32 pm

I feel like you have truly picked up on what I allude to about my struggle during the holidays. I so agree with you about new traditions! Just the thought inspires so much hope in my heart. You have touched my heart, PJ. Thank you. xox

• PJ
        December 25, 2017 / 5:13 am

I am thrilled that I brought hope to you. I encourage you to reach out to others for support. I am by nature a very private person, and it was hard to share my sorrows even with family and close friends, but once I did, I was lifted up by their love.

Please remember that you are a gift to those of us who look forward to reading your blog each time it is available.

Merry Christmas!

3. Linda Hill
    December 24, 2017 / 4:56 am

Merry Christmas – so glad I found your sight!! I find you very inspiring and enjoy your beautiful pictures and writings !

• December 24, 2017 / 3:31 pm

Thanks for finding me, Linda. I’m thrilled you are here, and i love hearing from you. Merry Christmas! xox

4. suzanne
    December 24, 2017 / 5:20 am

I love your snow pictures even though I live in Florida. I used to have a beautiful woods behind my home where I could watch the seasons come and go. I miss that a lot. But then I remember the sadness that winter always brought to me and appreciate the beautiful sunshine that is mine every day now. Every single thing in life is a trade-off, I’ve found. We can’t have it all in reality, only in our imagination. Photos like yours bring the beauty of winter and reading takes me to places I’ll never actually visit. We are all flawed in a perfect way that makes us beautiful and our yearnings keep our souls open yet vulnerable. Have a very good new year. Prayers.

• December 24, 2017 / 3:30 pm

You have definitely hit on it…appreciating the beauty of winter yet struggling to fight despair. Keeping your soul open during the holidays takes much courage and so often, we are not rewarded for it as we hope. Even when it may feel safe to be vulnerable, I am learning that it frequently is not. That disparity keeps tripping me up; yet I’m leaning into grace and asking it to teach me the third way of reconciliation and forgiveness over and over and over. Thank you for venturing into deep waters with me this Christmas Eve and thank you for the prayers. xox

5. Alice Genzlinget
    December 24, 2017 / 6:34 am

Thank you, and I love them all but especially those with small children with their protective pups.
    You are a gentile spirit and it shows in everything you do. God bless you and uplift you.

• December 24, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Thank you, Alice. I long for my spirit to grow gentle and it is only grace and mercy that makes it possible. God is with us! Merry Christmas! xox

6. December 24, 2017 / 8:32 am

A very wise friend told me years ago when our first son married into a family with its own holiday traditions that Christmas is a season, not a particular day. Celebrate your own traditions when it’s convenient for your blended family and embrace ever evolving new traditions. It really helps me stay grounded.

Thanks for the joy your efforts brings❤️

• December 24, 2017 / 3:23 pm

That IS wise advice, Linda, and I receive it with great love. Thank you for the reminder. This year, I am spending the whole season in Arizona, and it’s hard to let go of how I think Christmas should be orchestrated. It’s hard to sustain balance and feel at rest with the extra challenges. I’m an introvert and an empath so the holidays are tricky with so much sensitivity and need for solitude. Peace to you. xox

7. Susan
    December 24, 2017 / 9:27 am

Wow, they are all beautiful aren’t they. I love the natural innocence in pictures of animals and children. But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the poem and the picture of the squirrel (with the snow piled on his head probably looking for the acorn he hid in the fall). Thanks for sharing, you have a beautiful heart. Merry Christmas!

• December 24, 2017 / 3:18 pm

I’m so happy to share and appreciate the feedback, Susan. Mary Oliver gets me every time! xox

8. December 24, 2017 / 9:45 am

Hi Michele,
    Happy Christmas Eve 🌲 Love this post, it’s magical and comforting and just wonderful ❤️
    xoxoxo
    Holly

• December 24, 2017 / 3:18 pm

So happy it brought comfort, Holly. Have a wonderful Christmas Eve. Hugs. xox

9. Karen H.
    December 24, 2017 / 10:29 am

Thoughts and prayers to you Michele on this Christmas Eve morning. May that One Bright Star illuminate your soul. Glory be to the newborn King! The awesome wonder in those snow pictures. My fave is the two little bluebirds.

• December 24, 2017 / 3:17 pm

I’m receiving that with an open heart this Christmas Eve afternoon, Karen. Thank you for the prayers and adding to the beauty. xox

10. December 24, 2017 / 10:50 am

Know that those of us that read your blog are with you this holiday season and wish a bright and happy future for you. Merry Christmas dear lady and thank you for taking the time to write a beautiful blog, I look forward to reading it each time I open my mail.

• December 24, 2017 / 3:16 pm

It’s so lovely to have you here, Sherry. Thank you for joining me and for adding to the beauty here. Peace to you. xox