Home Decor Inspiration: Eurotrash Lovely {annie brahler}

Annie Brahler and her Eurotrashy ways
have awed me since I spotted her
Illinois Beaux Arts home many years ago
in Mary Engelbreit’s Home Companion.

Brahler’s company Eurotrash offers
interior design, event design, personal styling, and more.

Gorgeous white Beaux Arts home in Jacksonville IL

Does this house look familiar?

It belongs to Annie and been featured

in many print magazines.

A response from Brahler I’ll

never forget came when asked about
living with kids and wear and tear:

“That’s the look we were going for!”

Apparently, she would say this to the kids
with each scratch or bump incurred,
and at least for me,
that winning spirit may be applied
to more than simply distressed wood floors.

I have tried to model that un-OCD attitude
(mostly unsuccessfully if I’m honest)
in the face of ongoing scenarios
where life’s little spills add up to
catastrophe or a beautiful mess,
depending on your
Annie Brahler factor.

Annie Brahler interior design Eurotrash dining room

white Dutch kitchen of interior designer Annie Brahler of Eurotrash

white Dutch kitchen of interior designer Annie Brahler of Eurotrash

Isn’t her kitchen dreamy?
Make sure you check out this post and this one
which just may tingle your jingles.

white entry of interior designer Annie Brahler of Eurotrash

sculpture and chandelier in entry of interior designer Annie Brahler of Eurotrash

marble and gilded bar at home of interior designer Annie Brahler of Eurotrash

Gold has always been her neutral, and she does it so well.

white upstairs landing with gallery of vintage mirrors in interior designer Annie Brahler of Eurotrash

this may not be in Brahler’s own home but aint it whimsical?

Does she not capture the essence

of Euro/vintage/farmhouse/glam and

rock gilded everything spectacularly?

pssst. this is an updated post with more current images than the original in 2012.

~michele

1. June 16, 2012 / 11:22 pm

Michele-
    This is one beautiful post! I love everything here, and I love the quote. Perfect. The twin headboards are so gorgeous. I would also love to have the chandelier over the stairwell, please!
    I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend.
    Teresa
    xoxo

2. June 17, 2012 / 8:08 am

Great! I wish I had so many shoes and so much place to drop them. Beautiful!

If you like it … I have a nice giveaway action on my blog … 🙂

Love Lisanne
    lisannevandeklift.blogspot.com

3. June 17, 2012 / 11:04 am

Gorgeous Michele, I especially love that dramatic bathroom. Thanks for the peek. Robx

4. June 17, 2012 / 11:24 am

Wow….soooo beautiful. I remember being in awe over this house when I first saw it, just exquistie, and just the right doses of elegance, French, a little glam and a little rustic….love love her style!!
    Hope you have a great day with all the "fathers" in your life Michele!

5. June 17, 2012 / 5:46 pm

Oh, lala ..Im in love ;o)) Such beautiful pictures and LOVE the gold! ;o)))

Hugs Elisabeth ;o))))

6. June 17, 2012 / 9:35 pm

Michele,

Annie is wonderful and I look forward to your interview. I have LOTS of furniture that I ordered from her many years ago.

I so enjoyed this feature in HB

Have a nice day!

7. June 17, 2012 / 11:07 pm

Gorgeous, Michele! LOVE the European feel to her home. I can only imagine the beautiful treasures that she sells. 🙂

xoxo laurie

8. June 18, 2012 / 12:11 am

What a fun name for a store – love it. So many beautiful details in her home – I especially love the "hall of mirrors"!!! I agree that we definitely all need that type of shoe storage! 🙂

9. June 18, 2012 / 1:23 am

I saw Annie's home in HB and it's fabulous! Love the name of her store too. I could keep looking at this article for days.

XX
    Debra~

10. June 18, 2012 / 3:32 am

this woman has style!
    quickly scanned the magazine and cannot wait to sit down and really absorb
    debra

11. June 18, 2012 / 9:24 pm

Ok, i completely love love love this look… Thank you so much for showing this fabulous home, and i really love the word "Eurotrash" too!

Cindy

12. June 21, 2012 / 2:28 pm

Such an easy comfortable chic in these spaces. And yes, we each need a shoe cupboard of our own, just like that one.

13. June 25, 2012 / 11:35 am

I am ill with envy over her home. Life is not fair. Good Lord that is some serious "pretty".

14. March 20, 2013 / 12:34 pm

Such a fairy tale of a home!!:) I love Annie brahlers style!! I was wondering how you found out there was an annual sale? Does she have a newsletter or something like that by chance? 🙂 thanks!

15. October 20, 2016 / 4:17 am

Beautiful but, I cant get on board with dead animals on the wall.

16. October 20, 2016 / 3:17 pm

I remember seeing the original article and calling the contact number in the index to inquire about the furniture source. I actually got her on the phone! (this was ten years ago;) She sent me some photos of her stock-pile and I bought a mirror almost identical to the one in her kitchen. It's in my great room and you can see it in my blog photos. I've got a few items from her collection but most is in storage until I find a place for it. I'm not sure of her whereabouts now.. and I think she only sells to the trade. She also looks a lot different than the original photos I saw of her ten years ago;)

• October 20, 2016 / 5:38 pm

how cool is that!?! she's an illinois girl and eurotrash is not far from me! check out eurotrash.com

17. October 20, 2016 / 5:20 pm

Love this euro trash and she does it to perfection. Her home is beautiful, couldn't you just see a romantic candlelight dinner there?
    Holly

• October 20, 2016 / 5:39 pm

yep. and i recall she re-paints her dining table all the time just like a lot of us creative dynamos…everything always changing inside!