Belgian Style Decor Inspiration: 20 Belgian Kitchens to Inspire

Greet Lefevre

Beautiful Belgian style has long been favored
by so many of us and influences me
with broad and subtle strokes.

One of my favorite personal acquisitions began life
first in Belgium…this imposing oak sideboard below
came home with us a decade ago (too overwhelming
for this cottage’s wee kitchen, it provides
storage in the living room today:

painting above the sideboard by me is called 5 Figures

One of my favorite Belgian humans is
Greet Lefevre of Lefevre Interiors.
The talented designer, business owner,
and taste maker Greet, is author
of the engaging and influential
Belgian Pearls.

Enjoy this curated collection of
inspiring Belgian kitchen moments
(mostly sourced @Greet’s blog)
reflecting classic and charming details
from the heart of Europe, and scroll down
for another glimpse of my evolving place.

Greet Lefevre

Greet Lefevre

Walda Pairon

Décoration façon cote Belge | Franck Delmarcelle:
Franck Delmarcelle

This might be my most inspiring "I have to do this someday" Pin - from the genius of Belgian designer Vincent Van Duysen. //Manbo:
Vincent Van Duysen

White and marble minimalist kitchen | AD office interieurarchitect Arçen Dockx:
Arcen Dockx

(above and below) Vincent Van Duysen

Fireplace, belgian architecture:

e223410451e70eb4d9489198af871d8d.jpg 640×960 pixels:

Belgian-Inspired Paint Colors House Beautiful:
An American riff…color palette suggestions from HB (2013)

minimalist limed oak kitchen cabinets by AIDArchitecten:

Design: Frank Tack

Google Afbeeldingen resultaat voor http://www.missotten.be/nl/uploads/images/fotogalerij/badkamerkeuken/keuken_en_bad_02.jpg:

Lefevre Interiors

Natalie Haegeman

Interior Spaces by PH Collection-02
PH Collection

European style captures my heart!

Discover Belgian-inspired elements to apply at home?

The promised glimpse:

the cottage is coming together slowly…

Soon I will share more peeks at the interiors
of the cottage reno, which is humbly infused with
cozy factor + Belgian flavor.

1. June 2, 2016 / 7:01 am

Dear Michele, what a surprise! Thank you so much for including me and my work here! And for the lovely words!!! So very much appreciated!You are a gem!
    xoxo
    Greet

• June 2, 2016 / 7:22 pm

it's so easy to be inspired by your work, greet. happy to share! xox

• June 4, 2016 / 9:08 am

Are Belgians so frigid? Most of it is too clinical, cold, un-lived in, displaying no warmth or happiness, impersonal, funeral, like a space ship. Two look like they were created and used by warm, loving, and giving people who enjoy beauty and reflect commitment to home and family.

• June 4, 2016 / 4:45 pm

you bring an interesting discussion to the table–thank you. beauty is subjective, yes? for example, every now and again i hear someone say 'i certainly don't want my home to feel like i am living in a sterile museum…' and i laugh because i have always said i could easily call home a frigid white walled art gallery! do i lack a warm heart? or is there so much stimulation, texture, and imaginative color going on in my inner life, that a pared down even rigidly edited environment brings balance and tranquility? it is the hearts beating inside the space, afterall, which bring the energy into it. a spaceship…hmmmm! microgravity and a view of the giant blueberry sounds glorious…bring it on! hahahahaha. the diversity in design make it so fun! thanks for visiting!

2. June 2, 2016 / 11:37 am

Hi Michele,
    I love your Belgian sideboard and large painting. Congratulations — they look great together! Your cottage is looking beautiful – it could be in Belgium:)
    Holly

• June 2, 2016 / 7:22 pm

hahaha. i'm flattered. xox

3. June 2, 2016 / 4:28 pm

Michele I saw the photo of your home on IG and I had to come here and tell you what a beautiful evolution your 'new' cottage has gone through. Wow. It looks like it belongs right alongside all the gorgeous Belgian inspired rooms you've shared here. I hope you had a great holiday weekend and that your cocktail party was a blast.
    hugs,
    Leslie

• June 2, 2016 / 7:24 pm

thanks, leslie! i will be posting about that experience in the next couple days. you are such a thoughtful friend and fellow journeyer. xox

4. June 3, 2016 / 11:56 am

If I ever get a next house there will be quater sawn oak cabinet for sure!! xo K

• June 3, 2016 / 5:25 pm

only a handful of designfreaks like us could get teary eyed over quarter sawn oak!!! hahahaha.

5. June 3, 2016 / 6:53 pm

Have always loved this style and it's elements, colors, and textures. Beautiful display of options and your 5 Figures painting is over the moon gorgeous! Wonderfully done on all levels!

• June 4, 2016 / 3:24 am

i bet belgium will love blue cupboard, joanmarie! xox