january whites & tricia foley

How is January treating you, friends?

It is not always my favorite month, but this year it has been kind.

the child me                                                        hello 50!

I turned 50 on the 23rd (woo hoo!) and am enjoying

the beautiful wildlife right outside my cottage windows–

God and nature have shown off every single day this January.

When a dozen deer mosey right up to your window and make eye contact…heaven!

I also love January’s ethereal light paired with the

ground’s velvety blanket of white snow.

Is it really any surprise I like my whites

both indoors and out?

If you are passionate about white interiors as I am,

you are probably well acquainted with lifestyle authority

T  r  i  c  i  a   F o  l  e  y.

Her latest book

Tricia Foley Life/Style: Elegant Simplicity at Home

(Rizzoli, 2015)

includes the most comforting and calm

vignettes and collections, all of them

timeless with pared-down style.

Tricia Foley Life/Style: Elegant Simplicity at Home

How to pick the perfect shade of white?

How to create an artful tablescape?

Ms. Foley can be trusted in such matters,

and I just adore her vision and creativity.

Tricia Foley

Oh friends, you will lose yourself in the beauty
of Tricia’s simple lovely style, and January is
the perfect month for curling up with a book!

Click here for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.

1. January 27, 2016 / 6:14 am

Darling picture of you Michele;) This book looks like a good one and you know I'm a fan! Thanks for sharing these pretty images;)

• January 27, 2016 / 1:49 pm

you'll love it too, leslie–and you are masterful at using white in beautiful ways in your home!

2. January 27, 2016 / 11:36 am

Wonderful images! They create a feeling of calmness and cosiness 🙂

• January 27, 2016 / 1:49 pm

merci! thanks for following.

3. January 27, 2016 / 1:20 pm

Happy Birthday Girl! You hit that milestone, embrace your month we share the same birthday month…January, we are both January girls here.
    As for the book I have gotten wind of it and had all intentions of making a purchase, and then got side tracked with others. Now that you gave such rave reviews on it I will have to add it to my list.

Is there such a perfect white? I tend to mix many shades of white to my decor so as not to leave anyone out. 🙂
    Your child photo looks eactly like you now! Still that spunky smile as now!

See you soon, enjoy your birthday month and the beauty of your calming whites all around you.

Xx
    Dore

• January 27, 2016 / 1:50 pm

you always make me smile, january girl. xox

4. January 28, 2016 / 5:53 pm

oh Happy Birthday my friend ! I turn 50 on Monday the 1st! Not sure how I feel about it but I am going to try to be positive!

• January 28, 2016 / 10:51 pm

oh my–you don't look a day over 30, karolyn! happy almost birthday!

5. January 28, 2016 / 7:10 pm

I follow Ms. Foley on Pinterest and you and she have the same design aesthetics. So glad January has been kind to you and you my dear make 50 look fantastic!!
    xo Kathysue

• January 28, 2016 / 10:51 pm

oh i need to follow her pinterest too, kathysue! merci, my friend.

6. January 29, 2016 / 9:09 am

I'm a huge fan of white interiors but I love some colourful details as well. I like it if an accessory stands out. Happy Birthday to you! Hope you had a great one! Oh, and I love the candle in the last picture. I'm a huge fan, although sometimes they have very high prices.

7. January 30, 2016 / 9:59 pm

Happy Belated Birthday, Michelle! I also turned one year older on the 23rd.

Didn't Tricia write a book many years ago, in the eighties, entitled "White By Design"? I believe it was her. I have that book. It was one of the first interior design books I purchased, and I always come back to it – it's beautiful, tranquil, soft, white images.

I love following your adventures in remodeling! You're lucky to have a significant other who shares your enthusiasm, vision and has the skill set and knows how to execute so much of your project. I'm looking forward to your next accomplishment!

Lisa

8. February 10, 2016 / 3:36 am

I can't believe I missed your B-day!!!–and such an important one too. I absolutely love that photo of you all, soooo much life and spunk in those pictures. And I'm so happy to hear that your Jan was a good one. Mine was rather sucky. I was under the weather most of the month, couldn't go to yoga plus the weather was actually kinda cold for here (oh I'm sounding like a downer) But good ol' Feb is going much better.
    Leslie