Books: Positively Chic {Carrier and Company}

Jesse Carrier and Mara Miller
are Carrier and Company,
a dynamic design duo
who take a creatively spirited positive approach
to bring forth strikingly chic interiors.

Their new book,
Carrier and Company
(Vendome Press, 2015)
treats us to hundreds of  warm and joyous
interior moments featuring luxurious minimalism
and glamorous bohemia.

Infusing rooms with subtle patterns, neutral palettes,
bursts of exuberance, and unexpected mixes (high, low,
old, and new), the resulting magic to this blogger is
sophistication with a surprise.

Mmmm. Heavenly sunshine.

Prepare for a paragon of poetic inspiration
should you treat yourself to these pretty pages.

1. November 13, 2015 / 12:09 am

Michele I love this talented couple's design aesthetic and the book is perfect for a gift or oneself!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Artist Sandra Goroff

• November 15, 2015 / 6:06 am

never enough design books in one's home library!

2. November 13, 2015 / 3:59 am

Hello Michele,
    Love learning about designers and their unique styles. They do lovely work and thank you for sharing!
    JoanMarie

• November 15, 2015 / 6:06 am

right? thanks for popping over, joan marie.

3. November 13, 2015 / 11:04 pm

Love this duo coupled with talent, I love the first photo with the heavy blog black art.
    The room with the hand dyed wall paper super cool, and the las two photos speak to me, I could move in, love, love, the use of a dinning setting as a conversational library table.
    Yes, I am ready to move into this room with a seaside view.

Xx
    Dore

• November 15, 2015 / 6:08 am

the library/dining concept is what i am hoping for here in the cottage as well. a seaside view…sighhhhhh. 🙂

4. November 14, 2015 / 12:31 am

That first photo got my attention. Love it. I'm also SO drawn to rooms with white floors, but I finally had to give up that idea with a black German Shepherd. Too much of my life would be picking up all that dog hair everywhere. Sigh. We finally made the decision to go with a medium dark wood floor. The day after my graduation they come to start putting the flooring in. Soooooo excited. I get to refocus on getting this house in shape once this course is over. Hope you're doing well. I absolutely loved and appreciated hearing your views on my 'struggling' post'. I still have thoughts to share ….
    Leslie

• November 15, 2015 / 6:09 am

can't wait to hear about your thoughts and the next chapter! is it already time for graduation?!? oh my! i'm so excited for you!

5. November 14, 2015 / 2:40 pm

I met them at the Kipsbay Show house and they are so talented , their room was a favorite of mine! xo K

• November 15, 2015 / 6:10 am

how fun, karolyn! thanks for popping over, friend. 🙂

6. November 15, 2015 / 10:40 pm

What pretty rooms – so light and bright! I would love to live in all of them!

7. December 1, 2015 / 7:45 am

These rooms are so pretty, stylish and bright! <3
    But the first one is totally my favorite 🙂

Ipsy

8. December 7, 2015 / 9:30 pm

I am not familiar with them so it was fun to see their work, Thanks for the intro.
    Kathysue

9. December 22, 2015 / 6:49 pm

So stunning! I especially love the work they did at Anna Wintour's home in the Hamptons. xo