Artist Inspiration: Justine Lacoste {Ceramics}

Studio 2

When things quiet down around these parts,
I so want to take a ceramics class to create
some simple pieces for our new home.

Check out this beautiful work by
Justine Lacoste.

Baladeuse #2 - Epure Justine Lacoste

Epure is Justine’s studio, and its name evokes simplicity, authenticity, and the essential qualities of the objects themselves.

Porcelain boards

Purely self-taught, Justine developed her skills by working with established ceramicists, potters and mould-makers.

Atelier 2

Atelier 1

Assiettes - Collection point

AHHHHHHHHH.
Doesn’t this spur you to get your hands on clay!?!

1. November 15, 2015 / 3:20 pm

Beautiful studio and beautiful pottery, must be so gratifying to do:) I think you need a pottery room in your new home just saying…….enjoy your day!

• November 15, 2015 / 11:28 pm

hahaha i will take that under advisement, tina!

2. November 15, 2015 / 4:08 pm

Yes, it really does Michele and I'm sure you would really enjoy classes and creating pieces for your beautiful new home. These kind of remind me of a husband/wife team that make pretty vases (and the name has slipped my mind but I will try to find it) . I've purchases a couple of their vases. The work is very simple and beautiful. Enjoy your Sunday! xxL

• November 15, 2015 / 11:29 pm

obviously if i try pottery, it will not be those pristine, perfect pieces. all about the wabi sabi and character-rich pieces here! thanks, leslie.

3. November 16, 2015 / 6:21 pm

Oh Michele,
    Yes, i to havé béen in and out of the studio créating with clays…. POTTERY is a place of wonderment, a place you can lose yourself in, and best the beauty and soul in stacking those hand tossed piece in your cabinets.
    I plan to take on a more serious roll in creating with porcelains, Texas whites and stoneware, filling my cupboards full of all things pure and good. Authentic and real.

Yes, my dear join a studio and create your heart out, the less perfect the more beauty you will see.

I love Justines studio, so much so I could move in and make it a wonderful home studio life.

Beautiful works.

Xx
    Dore

Ps, I bet some of her work will be under your Christmas tree as gifts that will be treasured.

Xx

• November 17, 2015 / 11:51 pm

ahhh i was hoping you'd see this post, dore. reminds me of you so much! if you lived here, we would have to have a studio like this and hang out together with pia bleu as the mascot!

4. November 17, 2015 / 11:06 am

Hi Michelle, Love the clean simplicity of these beautiful pieces! Thanks for sharing them!

• November 17, 2015 / 11:52 pm

so simple yet sophisticated, right?

5. November 17, 2015 / 6:23 pm

Michelle, Yes, oh my I adore these works of art!! Incredible!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    The Blink of an Eye

• November 17, 2015 / 11:52 pm

i love it when you stop by with all your positive energy, karena!

6. November 22, 2015 / 3:16 am