50 Simple Lovely Rooms Inspiring Me This Very Moment {Decor Inspiration}

It's Complicated Kitchen via House Beautiful
Meryl Streep’s kitchen in IT’S COMPLICATED

It’s noooooo secret I am gaga for neutrals
and all the tones of the white rainbow
when it comes to interior design.

Here are 50 moments inspiring me today.
BTW, I am sick in bed and wondering how we will ever manage
to get everything done over at the fixer upper…pray for a sista.

Aerin Lauder Hamptons Kitchen via Elle Decor

Park Slope Brownstone

Small Spaces, Big Moments

Old Westbury Neoclassical

Old Westbury Neoclassical

Old Westbury Neoclassical

Park Slope Brownstone

(these folks ripped out the popcorn ceiling to reveal attic beams)

Michael DelPiero

Michael DelPiero

Patina Farm’s laundry room…kohler gilford apron front sink

one of Brooke Giannetti’s powder rooms

DSC_0365-1
Brooke Giannetti’s love for: white plaster walls, antique wood door, no trim

Cabinet Savoie 18th H173 W112 D50
More inspiration from Brooke’s blog

Kohler Bancroft toilet – Ann Sacks Foundation Brick Tile in Moss

Kallista Bellis faucet
Kallista Michael S Smith sink
Kallista Michael S Smith towel bar

Whew!
Thanks for indulging me and this marathon of tranquility.

1. October 13, 2015 / 8:18 pm

Whoa! Thats a lot of beauty to take in, you picked so many fabulous winners!! I love a soft white and tonal palette, so soothing and just makes you want to exhale and stay awhile:)

2. October 13, 2015 / 9:26 pm

Great inspiration photos, several of which are my all time favourites. I too love all the tones of the white rainbow. Hope you are feeling better soon!!

3. October 13, 2015 / 11:10 pm

Gail, I love the movie it's complicated and her whole home inside and out had. Me in Awww! Felt cluttered in the rooms but so much wow-ness !!
    I loved that kitchen before the remodel in the movie, ant that armoire in her front room.

As for Brooke G and her patina style, what can I say here that has not been expressed from anyone and everyone who has an ounce of style? Her style is one of a kind, unique with its world traveled designs, I could move into her home in a minute! (fight you over it) 🙂
    You have inspired a lot to take in here, one minute I am oh wow! And then onto another look that changes my mind on the last wow look!

I am getting anxious to see your cottage with you all set up, dancing about in a new video you tube 🙂

See you soon beautiful.
    Keep inspiring us.

Xx
    Dore

• October 16, 2015 / 10:53 pm

I am getting anxious to and am at present way too sore to dance!

4. October 13, 2015 / 11:42 pm

Michele, beauties all!! You found a wonderful selection of white and neutral calming rooms to come home to!!

xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena
    Palm Beach Chic

5. October 14, 2015 / 8:51 pm

Hi Michelle, What a feast for the eyes…….thank you! I just never get tired of neutrals, to me they're anything but boring. I'm loving the dark walls here and there too, like the dining room with the huge gallery wall!
    Holly

6. October 15, 2015 / 12:10 am

Thanks for all that loveliness!! You know I'm a fan 🙂 Hope you are feeling better, Michelle. Rest up, girl. xoxo

7. October 15, 2015 / 4:24 am

I think one of the glorious things about neutral rooms is the way sunlight and shadows play against the walls.
    Hope you feel better very, very soon.
    ~Ginene

• October 16, 2015 / 10:54 pm

So true, ginene! Totally changes throughout the day.

8. October 15, 2015 / 2:15 pm

You picked some beauties Michele .. you know where I stand on neutrals;) I may be pinning a few of these! Feel better xxoo

9. October 15, 2015 / 7:41 pm

So many good things in these photos. I see a trend with the light fixtures!

Cindy

10. October 16, 2015 / 7:00 am

Wow. There's some pretty amazing eye candy here. Thanks for reminding me about Sally Wheat's kitchen, I fell in love with that years ago… I'm so sorry to hear you're sick. I'm stopping by to catch up because I've been away for a bit trying to get through this class…an old dog learning new tricks….not always a pretty sight. hahaha but I'm still hanging in there. I hope you get some rest! And take a break from the house stuff, it will be there waiting for you.
    sending you peaceful, nurturing thoughts,
    Leslie

• October 16, 2015 / 10:57 pm

Thank you, Leslie. I will take that advice as a prescription and will try to convince my husband of it as well. Never again!

11. October 21, 2015 / 5:58 pm

I love and live in the white neutral palette too. Love Sally Wheat's kitchen. We painted our kitchen cabinetry and all the orangy oak cabinetry throughout our sea cottage last Autumn in that same grey color. We had always intended to paint it white, but a year later, we are in love with the grey and its calming effect. It truly brings the peace of the sea into our home. Looking forward to seeing your reno soon. xo