Decor Inspiration: Tranquil Interiors

image

I think it’s true the ultimate goal in styling our homes may
be to create a reflection of our true selves, yet I also
believe it’s honorable to design for what
we aspire to…and for me that involves
p e a c e.

Here are some visuals that spell peace to me.

image
Pam Pierce designed kitchen for Ruth Gay

image

image

image

image

image

image

image
Pam Pierce’s kitchen
VDX-05-dining-area-pamela-pierce-sarrinen-table-french-fireplace-0313-lgn.jpg 500×375 pixels

I continue to stay busy seeking a place to call home.
In the mean time, I am relieved I did not place our
belongings in storage but chose instead
to live with them around me as they
bring some comfort:

our temporary living room

We are renting a small ranch backing to a cornfield,
and the living is much easier though I miss my
big efficient kitchen.

view from the kitchen window now

our coffee table has become a little bit of an altar

1. May 18, 2015 / 5:35 pm

I love the idea of designing for peacefulness. So necessary! xo Leslie

• May 23, 2015 / 10:03 pm

it pays off big time!

• May 23, 2015 / 10:03 pm

thanks for reading, karolyn. xox

• May 23, 2015 / 10:04 pm

peace to you, julie. xox

2. May 22, 2015 / 10:33 pm

Hi Michele! Love your new
    view. That alone is a balm.
    I wonder, did you always
    long for peace in your decor,
    or has that evolved with your
    own spirit? I used to wonder
    when I was younger why older
    folks liked "neutrals," assuming
    they were just out of the color
    game due to their age! Oh,
    the idiocy of youth : ) I now
    long for serenity in decor and
    the neutrals are my new song.
    Perhaps because there is so
    much noise in the world (in
    many ways), I love to come
    home to a sanctuary of sorts,
    with color now coming more
    and more from things like
    flowers instead of textiles…..

Happy Weekend,
    xo Suzanne

• May 23, 2015 / 10:09 pm

i love 'neutrals are my new song,' suzanne.so poetic. white has always been my favorite. as a kid, we moved into a house where there was bright orange shag in my bedroom, and i may have had a mental breakdown. luckily it also had a deep crawlspace closet that i retreated to, creating a fort. i love visiting strong colors out in nature and then settling down inside with calm ones. i see the beauty of living with color when that environment inspires you, but it causes me to shut down so i like the peaceful white canvas to soothe and nourish bring me into my natural state, which is peaceful.

3. May 24, 2015 / 3:48 am

Hi Michele love your temporary space!! I remember our transition before settling in over here! We did put our stuff in storage and lived in travel trailer!! I was in shock but made it. I hope you find thee perfect place for you I wanted to let you know I am starting back to blogging again hope you stop by! Sherry

4. May 28, 2015 / 4:42 pm

Hi Michele. I'm just checking in with you. I read that your Mom was in town and I was wondering how her health is…I'm so happy you had a chance to spend time together. It must be a comfort during your time of transition. Your view is quite stunning. Here in California you don't see those flat views of cornfields…I wish you peace on your journey to find a new home. Keep me posted, I feel like we've been living parallel lives lately…haha
    Keeping you in my prayers,
    hugs,
    Leslie

5. May 30, 2015 / 12:46 am

It looks as if we are both in temporary abodes. I agree about having your things around you, as soon as we set up house keeping in the apartment it felt like home and was a much easier transition than we thought it would be. It will be fun to follow along with each others new journeys..