Books: Paris in Love {Nichole Robertson}

Chairs having a (ahem) moment if you will. This was the first shot I took for my new book with @chroniclebooks Paris in Love. #paris #parisinlove #red #love #tbt

Red was the first color
to inspire Nichole Robertson to
pull out her camera when she
and her family moved to
Paris in 2009.

my photo

Can a single color, even one as evocative and juicy
as rouge effectively express the story of
falling in love with a place like Paris?

Oui!

Her follow-up to Paris in Color,
Paris in Love (Chronicle, 2014) is
Nichole’s love letter (in red) to the City of Light.

my photos

I think Paris in Love makes a delicious Valentine’s Gift,
and you may also want to check out Nichole’s studio here.

my photo

(On my own visit to Paris, I don’t recall confronting
much red at all; however, I captured an alluring
glow of rouge when I snapped this from our
Paris apartment’s balcony…trop belle!)

Happy Valentine’s Day, lovely friends.

1. February 12, 2015 / 1:20 pm

Funny I don't remember red other than the occasional cafe awning! But thats what makes it so interesting..how we all see it so differently. Great looking book and agree a lovely gift for any Francophilie.
    I am still laughing over your comment the other day how a relative said your house was "pinterest-y"….a new word, I am sure it was meant as a total compliment…your home is beautiful.

• February 12, 2015 / 9:20 pm

i have problems, tina. xox

2. February 12, 2015 / 5:18 pm

Mmmmm – what a beautiful book! Think I need it as I'm headed there in March. Oui!!! Cannot wait. Thanks for the inspiration – xoxo

• February 12, 2015 / 9:21 pm

take me with you! can't wait to hear all about it, loi. 🙂

3. February 13, 2015 / 2:04 am

Michele, your photo is
    definitely Paris in LOVE
    worthy! I remember loving
    the little red shoes that I
    saw on children in Paris,
    when I was there. So
    cheerful and sweet and
    very French : )

xo Suzanne

• February 14, 2015 / 2:22 am

ha! that made my night, thanks, suzanne. next time i will look for the red shoes. 🙂

4. February 13, 2015 / 4:07 pm

hi Michele.. hmm, it's funny but I don't see red on your blog much…that first image caught me by surprise, but I SO loved this timely post. And that shot from your balcony has the perfect 'Michele version' of red, with all those warm, gushy memories that make it special too. I've been catching up on all your blog beauty and I have to tell you how uplifting it feels to visit here. I've been sick and low energy and seem to have misplaced my blog mojo–so this visit feels quite replenishing. And thank you for always leaving such warm, thoughtful comments. I have to tell you that somehow your words always bring a smile to my face.
    hey, I think that might be the definition of a perfect friend. have fun with your honey this weekend,
    hugs from across the miles,
    Leslie

• February 14, 2015 / 2:25 am

mojo or low-mojo, i'll take your posts any way i can get em. thank you thank you, leslie for these kind words. i so want to meet you. happy love day, friend.

5. February 14, 2015 / 4:34 am

your photos are gorgeous!
    happy v day talented lady
    debra

• February 16, 2015 / 11:11 pm

always a pleasure to have you stop by, debra! best to you.

6. February 14, 2015 / 3:43 pm

Michele how absolutely lovely!!
    Happy Valentine's weekend!
    xoxo
    Karena
    The Arts by Karena

• February 16, 2015 / 11:12 pm

peace to you, karena. your spirit of kindness is always a blessing. xox