House Tour: Paris Apartment {de lafforest}

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -05.jpg

Gregoire de Lafforest is a genius of architecture
and design with a major resume.

Design projects?
Hermes’ headquarters in Paris,
Cartier boutiques, a mansion for Veuve Clicquot,
Sky restaurant (at the top of the Montparnasse Tower),
and this imaginative Paris residence with
a gorgeous peaceful presence
that blew my mind into a billion lovely pieces.

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -01.jpg

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -02.jpg

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -06.jpg

Am I right?
This kitchen fits the bill for the client who requests
‘open concept but not really open.’

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -07.jpg

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -09.jpg

I knowwwwwwww, right?

Gregory Lafforest - Voltaire -10.jpg

In other non-Paris apartment news, it is tres tres chilly outside.

Oui.

It’s Monkeys-in-Snowsuits,
Richard-Simmons-Actually-Wearing-Pants,
Trees-Cutting-Themselves-Into-Firewood
ARCTIC damnCOLD.

So I am happy to be leaving to dwell among
the sea turtles and will check in with you soon!

Peace of the warm tropical breeze to you
right where you are.

1. January 10, 2015 / 8:50 pm

VERY INTERESTING CONCEPTS! THE GREENHOUSE ENCLOSURE IS GENIUS!

• January 13, 2015 / 12:45 am

Crazy genius, oui!

2. January 11, 2015 / 5:06 pm

I've always wanted to up and move to Paris and this looks like an amazing place to unpack the bags and boxes and settle in! Love the simplicity, the light and the openness – things not always associated with Paris apartments…

I hope you have a glorious time in the sun! Enjoy every minute and every last ray. Soak up a little for the rest of us, will you?

Safe travels, friend! XOXO

• January 13, 2015 / 12:49 am

If u move, I will happily visit! I could not live there as my hair and personality are all wrong but classy you could! 3 giant sea turtles came on shore to play with me today! They are my fav, and my beachy nasty hair is just right for the north shore!

• January 13, 2015 / 12:50 am

Merci for reading, Bethany!

3. January 12, 2015 / 3:22 pm

Hi Michelle, What are you trying to do to me? Drive me insane?? You're doing a good job! Everything about this apartment is so right!
    Holly

• January 13, 2015 / 12:50 am

Yer welcome, m'am!

4. January 13, 2015 / 1:47 am

YES, crazy brutal temps
    here, too! So happy for you
    to get a little escape….

Love that very sweet
    kitchen ~ so unique!

xo Suzanne

• January 16, 2015 / 5:54 am

i know i can't complain too loudly about the weather in illinois since you minnesotans get the extreme winters! xox

5. January 15, 2015 / 8:00 am

Yummy! There is nothing else I could think of to describe this. Delicious decor.

• January 16, 2015 / 5:55 am

lemony yum, yeah?

• January 18, 2015 / 4:46 am

can you even imagine?

6. January 16, 2015 / 6:28 am

What a great little spot. The greenhouse is so fun! What a great idea. Simple, less clutter, that's where I'm headed.

Michele, I am so happy to hear you are getting away for a little R&R. Those mini bananas are SO good! The fruit is always the best in the tropics:) Enjoy your vacation!

• January 18, 2015 / 4:47 am

thanks, leslie! clutter-free makes me feel lighter and more carefree…i'm ready to subtract when i get home. xox

7. January 17, 2015 / 7:37 pm

Hi Michele,
    I love the green house concept. I watched an old movie once that had this design style many many years ago…it was of wood and all white framed in with some obscured glass swing out windows and framed in with wood, it was an amazing structure to fall in love with. Although I love the contemporary design genius here, I am so sold on the tree and its living space. It will grow, and all the pruning? Pruning outdoors is a big enough deal but in your living area, Yikes to much house work. And topping that tree off from height is another concern…… Yet you my dear would have a branch to hang your swing from :))

Always love the way you think outside of the design box.

Xoxo
    The monkey video is so humanized

Xx
    Dore

• January 18, 2015 / 4:50 am

ha! yes, a tree in the living room is a poetic tranquil touch yet no practicality! you have reminded me with your description of meg ryan's kitchen which had lots of interior windows as i recall. it was a showstopper too. peace of the tropical breeze to you, dore.

8. January 21, 2015 / 8:32 pm

Are you on vacation? I hope so, someplace sultry warm with yummy Margaritas maybe? I just stopped by to check in, love the tree here. And all the light.