Rustic & Elegant Swedish Apartment {Decor Inspiration}

I am having a very happy summer.
Happy summers are my favorite.
They involve being out in nature
and laughing with my kids
and letting my hair fly
in the wind of my
husband’s convertible
and motorcycle.

So let’s savor images of beautiful design today
and save a post with whimsy, flirtatious banter,
poetry and soulful introspection for another.

Could we apply elements of this apartment’s
charm to our own spaces to add to the beauty?

1. June 11, 2014 / 7:37 am

I could deffently pick pieces from this apartment making a blend in me home. I love the set up of this apartment and the view of the European roof tops don't bother me at all, in fact there is something so authentic with that view.
    Love the calm quietness of this apartments soulful space.
    I have to mention that portrait of the lady mid air holding on to the door jams is so creatively poetic, it kind of makes me want to recreate it with my daughter holding onto the door jams of a door way so I can capture the same strength as the lady in the portrait is portraying.

Beautiful share.
    Xx
    Dore

PS. Fly freely about my friend, let your hair down, let the wind in your hair take you away!

• June 11, 2014 / 8:07 pm

ahhhh yes, add to the beauty with your daughter in a doorway! thanks, dore.

2. June 11, 2014 / 11:58 am

I could live there 🙂 Eventually when we downsize, I'd love an apartment like it….incorporate more industrial and modern elements. Such a cool look!! Happy summer, indeed! xo

• June 11, 2014 / 8:07 pm

so cool and chic. downsizing is looking very attractive to us!

• June 11, 2014 / 8:08 pm

the swedes just know clean and serene, don't they?

3. June 11, 2014 / 2:13 pm

Glad you are having a happy summer, Michele (and I LOVE your description of a happy summer)! I'd love to apply some of the serenity and peacefulness here to my own home. Love the monochromatic colors and all the texture. Lovey. Hope your happy summer keeps rolling on! XOXO

• June 11, 2014 / 8:08 pm

right back at ya, jeanne. let it roll.

4. June 11, 2014 / 4:24 pm

It's really beautiful… looks alot like your style. I love that painting of the woman in the living room… and the linen covered cushy sofa… The light in there is wonderful… and the gray color of the kitchen floor – really is a serene space

Cindy

5. June 11, 2014 / 6:20 pm

Oh Michele,
    I so do adore this small place and honestly was delighted to not of viewed it before. I relish in the globally delightful touches, for in my style I do not embrace any one origin but embrace things that draw me in and feed my emotional sentiments. Our Philly row-home is a mere 1886 square feet and I have been exercising only collecting and owning things that make my soul fulfilled. I don't feel John and I will ever downsize for we have hopefully
    In our design clarity have become caretakers of our forever home.
    xoxo,
    Vera

• June 11, 2014 / 8:10 pm

ahhhhh that would be an amazing feeling methinks to feel like the caretaker. i want that. bravo to you for arriving at that sort of joyful peace. 🙂

6. June 12, 2014 / 12:39 am

I saw this apartment somewhere else and loved it so much that I saved every photo to my files. I could live in a space like this…but my favorite piece of artwork is the one of the African children dancing or running in the street. Yet I had always dreamed of living in Africa…I minored in African studies in college. Beautiful dwelling place.

7. June 12, 2014 / 5:36 am

I love the clean, fresh feeling in this apartment Michele.. and there are several pieces I'd like for my home;) I'm so glad you are enjoying your summer! xxL

8. June 13, 2014 / 1:29 pm

Smitten. The feeling of
    peace is amazing. Will be
    pinning like crazy when I
    get home (on my iPad in
    a coffee shop, now….)

Thanks for this loveliness!

xo Suzanne