Books: Whatever You Are Be a Good One {Lisa Congdon}

I love language.
I love lyrics.
I love reading and having my brain tickled by
little black scratchy scribbles on the white page.

dickinson_lowres
Familiar with Lisa Congdon’s hand lettering genius?

samples

Her art is such a beautiful marriage of words and illustration.
Don’t you love that quote by Flaubert above?

Lisa’s new book is heartwarming and
truly makes a perfect gift…for mother’s day, graduation…

WhateverURBaGoodOne_ApprovedCVR_lowres

Whatever You Are, Be a Good One:
100 Inspiration Quotations Hand-Lettered
by Lisa Congdon
(Ryland Peters & Small, 2014)

Today I am inspired by the power of well-chosen
words which can evoke deep emotion
or even begin to heal a soul.

Hello Lovely at times partners
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

1. April 23, 2014 / 2:34 am

What a beautiful selfie xxo

I love my moo luxe cards and will be sharing them in my next post..a giveaway post. I will give thanks to you for introducing me to moo. xxo Kerrie

• April 23, 2014 / 1:15 pm

i'm so glad! i knew you would love them as an artist!

• April 23, 2014 / 1:16 pm

thx, sweden. you're a photographer so i must admit to you i airbrushed my neck cuz its turkey-ness was distracting and i wanted the photo to feel alive not gobble-icious.

2. April 23, 2014 / 11:40 am

Thanks for this bright
    beginning to my Wednesday,
    you lovely! As a fellow word-
    lover, it truly gave me a lift.
    Lisa's book looks awesome, too….

xo Suzanne

• April 23, 2014 / 1:17 pm

every one of your posts uplifts me and nourishes my spirit in some way. thanks for reading.

3. April 23, 2014 / 1:44 pm

These are so wonderful, Michele. What an inspiring book. I share your love of words – majored in English even though I had no clue what I'd do once I graduated. Thanks for the reminder of the impact of the words we choose. Thanks to you, I'm starting my day to be extra mindful of what I say and communicate today. You always inspire! XOXO

4. April 23, 2014 / 7:07 pm

I've pinned a few of her images without knowing anything about her or her art. Thanks for sharing her little book, along with your wonderful little tribute to the experience of writing from the heart. There's nothing that brings me more joy (and anguish) than producing a piece of writing that I'm pleased with.
    Leslie

5. April 25, 2014 / 5:28 pm

We love you Michele.

But first let me take a selfie !

Xoxo
    Dore

6. April 25, 2014 / 5:31 pm

Speaking of lyrics …. The latest song on the hit list…

" But first let me take a selfie"

Love your beauty inside and out.
    Xoxo