Books: Romantic Style by Selina Lake

It is rumbly and grey outside my windows,
and doggone it, we need bloomin color up in here.

Enter London stylist and author of
Romantic Style by Selina Lake (2014-02-01)
SELINA LAKE

In an interview with Heart Home Magazine, Selina
describes her style as “Homespun, pretty romantic,
feminine, fancy floral, neon pink, bazaar, second-hand,
mismatched with touches of gold.”

via

Isn’t this cake and the whole caboodle incredible?

via

What is her ideal styling assignment?
She says it is those jobs where she is booked for her signature style,
which is beautifully brought to life in:

Romantic Style by Selina Lake (2014-02-01)
by Selina Lake
(Ryland Peters & Small, 2014)
gorgeous photography by
Debi Treloar

Oh both of these are delicious books, friends!
Crafting ideas for fresh flowers. Ideas for glamping.
How to use flowers as party decorations and
to picnic in style.

via

“People from a planet without flowers would think
we must be mad with joy the whole time to have
such things about us.”
(Iris Murdoch)

via

Her signature style blooms with personality, yes?

p.s. Oscar Wilde said “A flower blossoms for its own joy” but I’m not sure
I’m buyin that…the way they tolerate those butterflies and bees and us,
they don’t strike me as that selfish at all.

Click for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.

Hello Lovely at times partners
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

1. April 4, 2014 / 12:51 pm

So stunning ! The colors are wonderful and totally make me smile!

2. April 4, 2014 / 3:08 pm

That arrangement is a mind-blower!
    Wow!
    Love it. Hey, are you going to the Illinois Bloggirls get together next Sunday?
    Want to meet me there, Michele?!!
    Let me know!
    xox
    A

3. April 4, 2014 / 3:41 pm

So much personality and romance. Love her style. Can't imagine the world with out flowers are color. I hope the sun finds you soon!! Happy, happy weekend! XOXO

• April 5, 2014 / 2:37 am

i'm so glad, margaret.

4. April 4, 2014 / 10:34 pm

That was just gorgeous!!!! franki

5. April 5, 2014 / 2:08 am

Happy. It's all just so happy! I couldn't help but smile at these cheerful photos of Selina's work. The pink, the florals….. Love it!!!

xxoo laurie

• April 5, 2014 / 2:37 am

yesssss, so heavy on the happy, laurie.

6. April 5, 2014 / 1:41 pm

Michele. I loved everything about this post. I always relish the chance to peek into the world of a talented stylist, to me it is a dream job. And I especially like finding one with similar taste. I want both these books. These days books are my best friends, allowing me a much needed escape from the stressful business of house hunting. I need me some big time escape 🙂 and I so appreciate the beauty and sisterhood I find here. Happy weekend–we're off to San Diego to watch Michael row!
    Hugs,
    Leslie

7. April 6, 2014 / 9:17 pm

Michele, what a beautiful post, and a magazine I am sure reads like a book of inspiring beauty. I must look into it.
    You visited with a comment or wanted me to look at something.
    Email me at DH4designs@aol.com
    I will answer any questions you may have dear friend.
    Wish we were closer, a get together would be divine.

Xx
    Dore

8. April 7, 2014 / 10:32 am

Thanks so much for featuring my styling work and books on your blog x

9. April 17, 2014 / 6:36 pm

Oh my gosh, did you see the yellow rose in the flower arrangement. It is delicious! I LOVE her crazy ribbons tied on the tree… i have some tattered ribbons hanging on a tree outside in my yard too! Time to freshen them up for spring!
    Her style is so charming, just delightful! What a great mix!

Cindy