Decor Inspiration: Serenely Chic Condo {Sarah Richardson}

Major motivational issues here these frigid days
of the polar schmolar vortex…
who can be expected to sweep floors
and plan meals with the winds howling
like lions, the frozen tundra biting your
shih-tzu’s  wee paws?

For now, let’s warm up via daydreaming…
about a serenely chic condo designed by
Sarah Richardson, k?

Sarah has been a key fixture of the Canadian design world since starting out in 1995, working behind the scenes as a prop stylist and set decorator. By the late 90’s, Sarah realized that she could carve a niche in the emerging world of design TV by sharing her practical, endearing and inspiring approach to décor and design with viewers. Sarah launched her first TV series for HGTV in 2000, Room Service. 17 years later, Sarah is the host, co-creator and co-producer of over 250 episodes of design television that span seven hit HGTV series targeted directly to the needs of a contemporary audience. Room Service, Design Inc., Sarah’s House, Sarah’s Cottage, Sarah’s Rental Cottage, Sarah 101, and Real Potential are a collection of lifestyle television series dedicated to tackling the demands and design challenges of modern living.

Known for her upbeat and easygoing approach to creating elegant and timeless designs for every room in the home, Sarah inspires and empowers viewers by effortlessly sharing her winning style formula. Sarah’s enthusiasm for all aspects of design is infectious, and her ability to engage and inspire viewers has earned her a loyal and dedicated fan base across North America and around the world. Sarah’s programs are seen in over 100 countries worldwide.

J’aime symmetry, I really do.

What do you think about the mirrored breakfast bar?

The group of candlesticks have such a Scandinavian charm thing goin’ on.

I had hickory floors like these in a prior home…the variation made them very easy to live with.

I don’t care for the black cooktop, but isn’t this an elegantly sweet little kitchen?

Stay warm, friends, and if I may suggest:

curl up in a warm duvet with a hot beverage

and more Sarah Richardson here.

~michele

1. January 27, 2014 / 10:57 pm

What a charmer! Reminds me so much of you even if I was seeing this elsewhere….she is one talented lady! I love your new blog look and if I said it already, just saying it again:)

• January 28, 2014 / 2:53 am

haha! i love that, tina!

2. January 28, 2014 / 1:05 am

I saw this episode when this condo was done and absolutely LOVED it!! It is so charming and the kitchen had great attention to detail!!

• January 28, 2014 / 2:53 am

i'm jealous! i have to find a place to see the episode!

3. January 28, 2014 / 1:36 am

Darling kitchen and those floors are gorgeous. I like the kitchen sink faucet and the open cabinets are perfect in this setting. I want the glass coffee table .. and yep, I like that symmetry:) xxL

4. January 28, 2014 / 1:42 am

I'm not getting much done in the housework field these days either! So cold and windy out there. I haven't stepped foot outside for a week and I spend most of my time in warm fuzzy pj's! I have been creating some fun things that will be up for sale at some upcoming shows!

• January 28, 2014 / 2:54 am

the wind is just eeeeeeeevilllllll. the best thing about working from home is def the wardrobe required: pjs.

5. January 28, 2014 / 1:52 am

I just love it, the colors and the relaxed yet sophisticated feel! She is awesome!

6. January 28, 2014 / 2:01 am

I love how Sarah's
    spaces are feminine
    yet would not send a
    man running for the hills!

I agree with you about
    the stove….and that it is,
    indeed, a sweet kitchen!!

Stay cozy. I have a busy
    week and must face the
    elements, but I try to do
    it with a smile and pretend
    I am in Siberia!

xo Suzanne

• January 28, 2014 / 2:56 am

ha! i know what you mean. i sort of feel like superwoman when i am out and about in this frozen tundra. then again, i'm a hotflashing hottie so i tolerate this cold better than most!

7. March 26, 2014 / 3:33 pm

I especially like the subtle and elegant backsplash with the counter in the kitchen. (and I do like the mirror on the breakfast bar – and the little storage or access area just to the side. Marvelous use of space