Books: {The Beauty Within}

The Beauty Within

In the world of design (and most def in blogland),
we blab incessantly about the beauty inside of a HOUSE.

So when someone dares to go deeper to glimpse
the lovely on the inside of a LIFE…
well, I am all ears.

Interior designer
Geoffroy Van Hulle
offers such a glimpse in

The Beauty Within

(Lannoo Publishers – ACC)

Impossible not to admire Van Hulle’s contemporary eclectic
spin on interiors, everyday objects, a full life, meals, and films.

Raf Ketelslagers

Text is by Jo De Poorter

and the stunning photography

is by Raf Ketelslagers.

Raf Ketelslagers

(This image by Raf  is not in the book
but leaves me breathless…)

Back to Mr. Van Hulle’s interiors…

“He is not afraid of colour, character

and a stuffed crane here and there.

As significant sources of inspiration,

he mentions Leonardo Da Vinci, Tony Duquette,

Saint Nicholas et sa mere.”

(from The Beauty Within)

This enchanting book thrills

with images you will want to absorb

carefully for a length of time.

A visual feast…

of delicious lovely for your library.

Am I the only one STILL gushing over real live
books with sexyglossy pages you can touch?????

Click for a list of beautiful design books to inspire.

1. April 16, 2012 / 10:11 am

No way Michele are you the only one! I can never get enough of a fabulous design coffee table book or a magazine that is chock full of beauty. Nothing like holding and and touching……..beautiful images, talented guy (kinda cute too:)

2. Hello Michele:)

Thanx for your comments on my blog! Of course I will follow your as well 🙂

L O V E the image of the bride(?)and man under water – gave me goosebumps!!

Have a nice day – and welcome as my follower 🙂

//Beate

3. April 16, 2012 / 11:09 am

This looks like a lovely book….plenty of eye candy! Thanks for sharing it with us.

xo,
    Ricki Jill

4. April 16, 2012 / 11:09 am

xo,
    Ricki Jill

5. April 16, 2012 / 1:19 pm

Gorgeous images and homes. No you aren't the only one who still loves hardback books, you would be surprised how much I spend on books. Thanks for the heads up on this one I'm off to scout one of your scources first.

XX
    Debra~

6. April 16, 2012 / 1:51 pm

What beautiful images! I love that photo by Raf of the couple under water, so beautiful!And Van Hulle's interiors are effortlessly sophisticated! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara

7. April 16, 2012 / 2:31 pm

Gorgeous! I too am loving that image of the couple in water… is she in a ballet tutu? Genius.

You find the best things, Michele.

8. April 16, 2012 / 4:54 pm

No way Michele, you are not the only one who loves and appreciates the feel of a real book in your hands. Enjoyed once again, your take on this designer, and pondering the beauty within…

Cindy

9. April 16, 2012 / 5:41 pm

It looks like a wonderful book – I love the last pages and I wish I had a copy… Thank you for visiting my turquoise living room 🙂

10. April 16, 2012 / 7:19 pm

did i mention the book is enormous in size? this adds to the drama and awe and makes all the other teeny design books jealous.

🙂

11. April 16, 2012 / 8:44 pm

What beautiful images. I too love books you can hold and touch and refer back to and show to friends. No Kindle for me, please. I want the real deal. I will look for this one.
    Best…Victoria

12. April 16, 2012 / 8:49 pm

I think reading a book, magazine or any written word is like a special ritual, the turning of the page to the feel of the book in your hand. I have a rocking chair where I go to read and it is a ritual I will never let go of. Love this book , I am not familiar with the author so thank you for the intro, Happy Week,
    Kathysue

13. April 16, 2012 / 9:04 pm

Hi, thanks for comment on my blog 🙂 Glad you liked it, and I have added me as a follower too. Look forward to follow your blog. Interesting to se other interior blogs.
    Hug

14. April 16, 2012 / 10:56 pm

No Kobo lovin' chicky here! Give me a book anyday. I love the touch, the smell, the experience of a book. Speaking of books…the photography in this book is so easy on the eyes…uh-hum…not to mention Mr. Van Hulle himself. Thanks for the titillating post, Michelle. Much love, Lisa

15. April 17, 2012 / 3:54 am

You are a treasure-trove of information… once again… another spectacular book I need to get!! Thanks for the info – I can't wait to get it!

much love
    Des

16. April 17, 2012 / 7:04 am

Nice to see Geoffroy here! It is a long time I have seen him! Beautiful book!
    xx
    Greet

17. April 17, 2012 / 9:52 am

I lurve the man as much the inspirations. Oh! A thing of beauty is a joy forever 😛

18. April 17, 2012 / 12:42 pm

Looks like a beautiful book!
    Thank you for your comment on my blog. Made me so happy. I look forward to follow yours as well.

Have a nice day