Cottage Style Decor Inspiration: Lakehouse by Sarah Richardson

Sarah Richardson Designs

So much to learn from

Sarah Richardson’s casually elegant

designed lakehouse.

Sarah designed this
packed to the gills with lovely
gem of a place on the water,
and here are a few inspiring elements
to steal from the project.
You may remember I have a little
reno going on at the moment
so the inspiration is not
wasted on me.

Reclaimed antique wood combined with new.

Vintage signs and serveware.

The glow of candlelight.

Blue and white.

5. & 6.
Places to put up your bare feet, and
GRAPHIC prints for a dose of happy.

Fresh flowers.

Areas designed for intimate conversation.

Luxurious fixtures mixed with humble.

10.
Modern lighting.

sarah richardson design

Have a favorite element of

lakehouse lovely or a reaction

to her design?

1. September 28, 2011 / 1:08 am

My reaction – WOW! I'm speechless! That view of the lake is unbelievable. It's all gorgeous!

2. September 28, 2011 / 1:26 am

What a lovely house. It is put together so perfectly. The rooms flow beautifully and it is light and airy and warm and cozi at the same time. Love it! Blessings, Wanda

3. September 28, 2011 / 2:10 am

I LOVE Sarah & this is the prettiest work she's done (at least it's totally MY taste) 🙂

4. September 28, 2011 / 6:15 pm

Ohhh, i just want to dive into one of those chairs and gaze at the water. It all looks wonderful…

Cindy

5. September 28, 2011 / 10:40 pm

May I move in please? I would be quite at home there with those views curled up on front of the fire. What a wonderful home!

6. September 29, 2011 / 9:52 am

Cute kitchen there! Would've been perfect for my latest post.

Excited to see progress photos of zee basement!

Meera xx

7. September 29, 2011 / 1:41 pm

Sarah is my favorite Canadian designer and this is my dream cottage! Do I have to say more? 🙂

Have a great day, sweet M!

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

8. September 29, 2011 / 3:09 pm

Love her beach house. The mix of fabrics and the colors she chose are wonderful. I could move right in.

9. September 29, 2011 / 3:55 pm

Hands down. I love everything about it. Look at those blues and greens, its mesmerizing. Best part is it came in such a great time. There is a chair makeover in lieu 🙂

10. September 29, 2011 / 4:16 pm

Love Sarah, love this house! Any idea what the kitchen backsplash is? Great post : )

11. September 29, 2011 / 10:10 pm

*sigh*……I just love her lakehouse so many awesome things about it. I adore the conversation area, what a perfect spot for wine and chit chat on a cool autumn night. 🙂

12. September 29, 2011 / 11:06 pm

Sarah Richardson is one of my favorite designers. I have followed her career ever since her first TV show "Room Service." Her style is impeccable.

I believe this is the cottage her husband owned for years and she recently renovated. All supplies, furniture, etc. had to be brought out there by boat.
    it turned out beautifully and that setting is sublime.
    Best…Victoria

13. September 30, 2011 / 2:43 am

yep. only reachable by boat, and she shared every misstep and challenge on the show that chronicled this which i absolutely loved!

14. October 1, 2011 / 3:34 am

Sarah's Georgian Bay island cottage is one of my favourite makeovers from past seasons too. I think it is really cool that they created the 'storm room' to watch the storms blow in (the sitting room with the great neutrals and blues and lots of windows and doors.) What a huge project to tackle while she was pregant too.

15. October 1, 2011 / 8:18 pm

oooh i forgot she WAS pregnant during this project! and they had to get there by boat!

incredible.

16. October 3, 2011 / 4:29 pm

I have found the inspiration for my living room! I love this look! Thank you so much for sharing it at MMS's! My readers would love to meet you. Stop by and share at our Monday Linky Parties! I am so excited to browse around your site! Love, your new follower…..Me! http://www.youaretalkingtoomuch.com

17. October 17, 2011 / 2:26 am

Serene….calming….whimisical…. and just plain beautiful! 🙂

xoxo laurie