Books: The ART of Color {Farrow & Ball}

I have been familiar with Farrow & Ball’s

incredible color palette for years and had

the opportunity to drop in the

downtown Chicago store the other day.

Have you peeked inside the yummy book

Farrow & Ball: The Art of Color

Farrow & Ball: The Art of Color

It’s a thing. of. beauty.

Author

Brian Coleman

and photographer

Edward Addeo

lead us on a tour of

castles,

cottages,

lofts,

and more

to demonstrate how

paint color and wallpaper

work magic in a variety of spaces.

London Stone

Dimity

Mouse’s Back

Don’t miss

the Farrow & Ball ‘pale powder’

and ‘off white’ kitchen

on p. 138…

the tile is to die for,

and I keep

Farrow & Ball: The Art of Color

permanently open

to this page!

Have a favorite go-to paint color

you return to again and again?

1. August 23, 2011 / 12:59 pm

PAINT COLORS….wow they have come to extremes of indulgence. Thank heavens, there are so many beautiful ones to pick from!

Have a terrific tuesday!

Xo,
    Renee and Angela

2. August 23, 2011 / 1:15 pm

I love their colors so much. They seem like peace in a can. But I didn't know they had a Chicago store! Do you have the address?

3. August 23, 2011 / 2:38 pm

yes. peace in a can. i visited the showroom in the merchandise mart downtown.

4. August 23, 2011 / 3:29 pm

You have no idea how this post speaks to me! Farrow & Ball's paint in Skimming Stone and the Wisteria wallpaper are both part of my office makeover! LOVE their products!

5. August 23, 2011 / 6:23 pm

Great! Now help me pick out the most prefect white for walls. (Not trim). I mean it! I need some suggestions for a client!

Busy, busy over here. Still living with bad commas! (: Thank you for trying to help me. You are THE BEST!

Love to you,

Mon

6. August 24, 2011 / 11:04 am

I just found you via a couple of blogrolls, and I'm hooked!

My go to paint colors? As trite as it sounds, RH Silver Sage is my absolute, hands down favorite. Years ago, I searched high and low for the perfect light green to coordinate with BM Windham Creme (my go to yellow). After shopping paint chips and painting samples, I was fried. Some retail therapy with friends led to a Restoration Hardware store in Richmond … I noticed the color of the store, was told by the helpful clerk behind the desk that they sold paint, and the rest is history!

This said, I think I may be moving beyond my beloved Silver Sage. My next color squeeze has been BM Gossamer Blue. Coming soon to a bathroom remodel near you!

7. August 24, 2011 / 12:38 pm

These are so yummy! i love paint colors!! I have not tried the farrow and ball colors yet but usually my go to paint is Simply White from Benj. Moore, I love that white!

8. August 26, 2011 / 7:47 pm

I love their Cooking Apple Green and the Churlish Green. Fun.

Fondly,