Decor Books: Romantic Prairie Style

Editor, writer, and stylist

f i f i

o ‘ n e i l l

has captured a little romance in

Romantic Prairie Style: Homes Inspired by Traditional Country Life

(Ryland Peters and Small).

Just one of the sweet surprises inside.

The image above was sort of a humble attempt

to style and honor the spirit of

Romantic Prairie Style: Homes Inspired by Traditional Country Life

which for me entails…

simplicity,

harmony,

and

ease.

I don’t think you have to be

in love with Michael Landon

or the prairie to honor those

three things.

True, I am no Laura Ingalls,

she rarely said ‘friggin’

or wore stilettos

and although I love beadboard,

my decor sensibilities

often deviate from the

downhomeness

of country…

help me i would rather do 100 pushups than

listen to country music!

ooooh, i’m an outlaw collaging my photos with fifi’s!!!

Romantic Prairie Style:

Homes Inspired by Traditional Country Life

styling and celebration of ‘undecorated’

liveable homes inspires

with its sense of

‘let’s all slow down a little.’

How do you feel about country decorating?

and gun to your head: hiphop or country music?

michele

*this post contains affiliate links

1. June 28, 2011 / 5:37 am

Soooo gorgeous!! I just want to crawl into these pictures and live there. And I think you did a great job capturing the lush, romantic essence of it all.

2. June 28, 2011 / 9:35 am

My copy arrived last week from the book depository! I LOVE it too….. Such gorgeousness! Just like your images… enjoy it… I know I have! X

3. June 28, 2011 / 2:54 pm

A book to be inspired by!

I have to admit that I am not much of a Romantic girl (or so I thought) but then I surprise myself with Romantic elements. A little vignette here or there or a rose garden filled with pink roses. My home is a mix of just about everything!

But I do stand up for calm, simple and relaxed rooms!

Love,

Mon

4. June 28, 2011 / 3:21 pm

Oh God anything but country music…love your efforts…the book really gets you goin doesn't it…I think it is definitely one of my favourite all time books. Robx
    p.s. I've had a hankering to buy the 'Little House on the Prairie' books…haven't read them for 40 years!

5. June 28, 2011 / 4:31 pm

So lovely to get a glimpse of this book, I've been thinking about getting it. The style is beautifully quiet, relaxed and natural. Your photo collage is perfect, I LOVE your vintage marmalade jars!

Ah, I'm more of an Indie and Soul girl. If I HAD to pick between country and hiphop, it would HAVE to be hiphop!

Hugs hugs!

Meera xx

6. June 28, 2011 / 5:08 pm

indie and soul! i love the sound of that. even though i'm more rock n roll than country, indie and soul fits better for me too!

7. July 2, 2011 / 4:00 am

Lovely post. I still have not picked up my copy of this fantastic book. I need to soon! I am visiting from Feathered Nest Friday.

8. July 4, 2011 / 3:24 pm

I just ordered this book and I'm hoping it arrives in time for me to take with me on vacation to the beach.

Confession: I. don't. mind. country. music.

There! I said it! I guess that's what living in Texas while your husband is in Navy flight school will do to a girl. It's all they listened to!

I would listen to Garth Brooks before I did 100 pushups!

Loved your post! It made me smile!

Gail

P.S. And the confession felt good!