My Home; Hello Lovely BASEMENT MAKEOVER (6)

Have you followed our basement reno project beginning here?

the other end of the studio

Hello Lovely’s Man

is a

L.O.V.E.L.Y.  S.U.P.E.R.S.T.A.R.

Believe it!

Smell the pine.

Gaze at the french doors.

Sit your booty down at the new window seat.

the doors lead to a large bedroom

He has worked so hard on carpentry,

electrical, plumbing, and more on the weekends!

the panels feel very rustic at this stage before paint..

remember what we’re going for? see inspiration here.

He’s mine, all mine.

inside large bedroom, the walls are beginning to take shape

Okay, I’m over myself.

cement board almost ready for tiling

Nice roomy 5′ x 6′ shower with body sprays.

It’ll have stone installed in a

simple pattern.

mortar is mixed in this tub for the LABOR INTENSIVE

task of raising the level of the floor for the shower drain

The bathroom floor will be heated.

window seat the dog will adore

close-up of the wall

other half of the basement we’ll tackle someday

We are an ordinary couple

not fabulous but

muddling through,

clinging to each other,

laughing,

finding beauty where we can,

and spending time together

in a former dungeon known as the basement

on a creative interest we share…

1. May 19, 2011 / 4:42 pm

Aaaaah, you cutie, Michele. It's looking fabulous down in your dungeon!!! I love your boarding, and the windows. It's gonna look brilliant!

Sarahx

2. May 19, 2011 / 5:06 pm

Go ahead and gush Michele but don’t let it end up on the sidebar ok? I had to laugh, your husband is cutting and nailing pine and he’s allergic to it? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anyone allergic to pine but your dungeon is wonderful! You must be so freaking excited. Isn’t it great when our husbands can take a picture and make our dreams come true?

3. May 19, 2011 / 5:08 pm

You know what's annoying? When people brag who really don't have a reason to brag . . . like when they try to one-up you all the time out of insecurity. But honey, you go ahead and brag because you have one heck of a reason to do it! Not only will you have a gorgeous basement, you have one great hubby there. Brag away!

4. May 19, 2011 / 5:12 pm

Fabulous, Michele !! LOVE what you've done … it's going to be amazing, and I can't wait to see the reveal !!

5. May 20, 2011 / 12:43 am

hey step off… my man is all that and then some! 😉 totally kidding. i like him and i'll keep him. and he has no pine allergies i am aware of so that's good i guess. 🙂
    loooove the walls- they look amazing!

6. May 20, 2011 / 1:55 pm

Super star (And is really alergic to pine??? Then he needs a medal!)! I can feel the love in the walls and what a pretty area. Look at all that natural light coming in and heated floors and everything! Very, very nicely done.

Warm hugs to you,

Mon

P.S Your hubby is a keeper.

7. May 20, 2011 / 2:35 pm

Oh, I love this space, M! Seriously… so beautiful and it will amazing. I'm so happy for you!

Just want to wish you a better weekend for you. Have fun and be healthy!
    🙂

Luciane at HomeBunch.com

8. May 20, 2011 / 11:23 pm

it's really getting fun now! thanks for cheering us on. and yep, mon. there is love oozing from the walls!

michele

9. May 21, 2011 / 12:45 am

It is going to look sensational!!!! You are so right you are very luck to have someone along side of you helping you along the journey! X

10. May 21, 2011 / 3:01 am

Michele, You have good reason to gush! Your husband has done a wonderful job. Thank you for joining my party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

11. May 21, 2011 / 7:03 pm

Oh my oh my!! I'm in love with it already! I can't wait to see the finale! There is nothing like wrapping a wall with wood… the energy is amazing!
    lol,
    Desiree

12. May 22, 2011 / 3:39 am

It's looking good! I cannot wait to see how everything turns out! Have a lovely weekend, Kellie xx

13. May 23, 2011 / 6:34 am

You gush away, darling, he IS a superstar!! It's coming along wonderfully. Love the paneling, French doors and everything else, very well done! It's going to be awesome! 🙂

Hope you had a great weekend and a happy week to you, my lovely!

Meera xx

14. May 23, 2011 / 7:42 am

Looks like a HUGE job and if your darling can do it all for you instead of having to pay for tradesmen….well you just gush all you like…he is deserving! But tell him to hurry it up…as I can't wait to see finished result! Robx

15. May 24, 2011 / 7:32 am

what an exciting new project!! good luck! i absolutely love your blog, im your newest follower! i hope youll check mine out 🙂

kat
    withlovefromkat.com

16. May 25, 2011 / 7:52 pm

My gorgeous lady! Good god, you go ahead and brag all ya like, your amazing hubby has done a fabulous job! The french doors look great, it's all really coming together so well – couldn't imagine having all that space! Your vision + his ability = wonderful combo obviously.

But now I'm wondering if I go on too much about my other half? Hmmm. Me paranoid? noooo… but if I have I will attempt to stop nausea-inducing commentary 😉 I think because other men in my past have always been DIY-useless and W is so wonderfully accomodating, trying his hand at anything and I'm so bloody APPRECIATIVE.

Hope you are having a fabulous week my dear! MWAH! x