Love Sarah Richardson? Me too!
Sarah Richardson has been a key fixture of the Canadian design world since starting out in 1995, working behind the scenes as a prop stylist and set decorator. By the late 90’s, Sarah realized that she could carve a niche in the emerging world of design TV by sharing her practical, endearing and inspiring approach to décor and design with viewers. Sarah launched her first TV series for HGTV in 2000, Room Service. 17 years later, Sarah is the host, co-creator and co-producer of over 250 episodes of design television that span seven hit HGTV series targeted directly to the needs of a contemporary audience. Room Service, Design Inc., Sarah’s House, Sarah’s Cottage, Sarah’s Rental Cottage, Sarah 101, and Real Potential are a collection of lifestyle television series dedicated to tackling the demands and design challenges of modern living.
Known for her upbeat and easygoing approach to creating elegant and timeless designs for every room in the home, Sarah inspires and empowers viewers by effortlessly sharing her winning style formula. Sarah’s enthusiasm for all aspects of design is infectious, and her ability to engage and inspire viewers has earned her a loyal and dedicated fan base across North America and around the world. Sarah’s programs are seen in over 100 countries worldwide.
1. The power of pink.
2. Ceiling fretwork in an otherwise quiet room.
3. Art works hung with 4″ spacing in mind.
4. A console table that’s there, but it isn’t.
5. A bag of metal shells can become art.
6. Horizontal stripes rule (unless they’re vertical…those rule too).
7. Crisp and clean always wins.
8. Beachy doesn’t always entail a lifesaver on the wall.
9. Lucite curtain rods work it in a closet.
10. Laundry room chic = laundry rooms do not have to look like laundry rooms.
11. Grayed down colors are not depressing to live with when you get them right.
12. Soft and feminine can also feel modern.
Sarah Richardson always gets it right. And I think it’s because she gets it.
Functional beauty, smart design, and classic with a twist.
all images, Sarah Richardson Design
Peace to you right where you are.