{Decor Inspiration} Chic Malmo Swedish Apartment

I am a busy bee painting two guest bedrooms
this week, and shhhhhhh! I have definitely
gone soft…I used to be able to do this
stuff in my sleep, and NOWWWWW
all these involuntary moans and wheezing
escape, and painting takes twice the time!
#iblamehormones #chickbelazynow #vicodin

Anyway, this flavor of Swedish lovely has
inspired the direction I’m going.

Let’s have a taste, shall we?

HALLA, freakin UNDERBAR…yes?

(And by direction I simply meant I am
painting the walls and trim white. NOT
masterfully embellishing ceilings…ha!)

One of the rooms to be painted.

Send all your extra reserves of strength
this way, please…there is a ton of evil trim
for this wimpy ballerina wannabe to address.

1. March 19, 2013 / 4:10 am

Oh you got me here!((: I remember that Swedish image with the stunning ceiling and I want that ceiling…as I am reading your post, thinking ok I will hire and fly Michelle over to do this in my house!
    And in the end, like every good witty store, you tell me you are just painting white! OK, you are right, even just one colour painting is tiring, I only did my powder room gray ceiling myself and I was discouraged for more! pain all over my body…started Yoga and never going back, wishing you the best of strength!
    hugs Z

2. March 19, 2013 / 4:13 am

I meant to write Michele with one L and witty STORY not store…sorry!

3. March 19, 2013 / 4:34 am

Cannot wait to see! Don't forget to s-t-r-e-t-c-h before your workouts! LOL!

Andie

4. March 19, 2013 / 5:25 am

Did you say involuntary moans and wheezing? Have I really been that loud? Oh! you meant YOU and not ME 🙂
    Because you just described my latest paint project (only chairs but whew, I'm taking a break already) And I totally relate to the feeling that things are going a lot slower these days…
    I can't wait to see the finished rooms, I love your inspiration photos and those tissue balls! Very cool.
    Leslie (Gwen Moss)

5. March 19, 2013 / 11:21 am

Love seeing you amidst all the fluffy prettiness in your ballet slippers!! Love the inspiration…and if anyone can do it, its you Michele!! Happy painting and dont' forget about those wine breaks….every ballerina needs them:)

6. March 19, 2013 / 11:34 am

The older I get the longer these projects seem to take! I remember painting an entire room and hanging things back on the wall in one day- now? Not so much 🙂 I love the white walls and trim. Cannot wait to see how it all turns out!

7. March 19, 2013 / 11:36 am

I wish I could help but I have so much to paint myself! I'm a bit achy myself, hee hee. Di

8. March 19, 2013 / 12:58 pm

I like it a lot ! And I think that it is both underbart och fint 🙂
    I hope that everythings is going light and easy for you.

XX
    Anci

9. March 19, 2013 / 2:41 pm

I can't wait to see your handiwork – love seeing you in the last image…gorgeous!!

10. March 19, 2013 / 2:45 pm

What a goreous picture of you (do you take any bad ones???) I'm with you I love a beautiful white–my favorites are from Ralph Lauren–I usually have Benj Moore base and have them make the RL color for me–keep us posted lovely! xxBarbara

11. March 19, 2013 / 2:55 pm

It looks amazing – and love the pic of you!

12. March 19, 2013 / 3:36 pm

I hate painting! Especially the prep work! And I agree with everyone: you look gorgeous as always 🙂
    xoxoxoxoxox
    L

13. March 19, 2013 / 3:49 pm

You're my cup of tea… I love your ideas!! I hate painting, I know the feeling. In the end it's going to be amazing my dear!

lots of love,
    Des

14. March 19, 2013 / 6:16 pm

i am the crabbiest crab apple with this painting project. YES i could have hired the painter. but NO i decided i need the exercise and the discipline and the mad money to spend on luxuries. heaven help us.

glad you approve of this pic my sis took. she is getting good, and it was fun to play model again.

🙂

15. March 19, 2013 / 9:33 pm

Hi Michelle,
    You crack me up! Sending energy your way…..not that I have any reserves! Love the Swedish palette…..so well suited for a bedroom or any room in my opinion. All the best,
    Holly

16. March 19, 2013 / 9:47 pm

To tape or not to tape.. I have just finished a big project and can relate to what you are saying. Your inspiration is gorgeous! It will be worth it when complete!

xxL

17. March 19, 2013 / 11:09 pm

I always go for it and never tape….I'm to lazy and I can never get the tape on straight…the secret is to get a thin slanted brush and you should be fine…good luck!

18. March 20, 2013 / 12:20 am

ha! i used to use tape but i've joined the lazy club too. i'm using a paint shield for the baseboards since the rooms have carpets, and i'm still finding ways to make a big ol mess. here's the other thing going on: I CAN'T SEE ANYMORE. an athritic dizzy blind woman painting her rooms is kind of frightening. 🙂

19. March 20, 2013 / 12:38 am

Kudos to you for painting at all. I am not allowed to paint in my house, it has to do with something about the time I stepped in the paint trip and proceeded to get paint everywhere! It has worked out well for me actually, LOL!! You know how I love this picture of you, are you sure you were not a model in your previous life? xo

20. March 20, 2013 / 3:27 pm

good luck girl, i loathe painting! don't wait time taping, just get some awesome angled trim brushes. love the "ballerina" photo of you!

21. March 22, 2013 / 8:43 pm

I agree…painting is not as much fun as it was in my 30's and 40's! I could paint a whole room in 2 hours back then:)