Books: Handmade Home by Mark & Sally Bailey

Handmade Home

Handmade Home
shot by the brilliant photographer

Debi Treloar got me thinking about how
much handmade has influenced me
in recent years.

Handmade Home

is an exploration of 12 examples
of personal, recycled,

and ‘undecorated’ style.

The authors (from

the Herfordshire countryside)

have backgrounds in architecture,

interior design, and furniture making.

I blogged about another dreamy book by the Baileys here.

The philosophy in a nutshell paired with

photos from around my home:

Mixed media collage by me

A treasured bag created in France by a dream weaver.

If it is imperfect, all the better!

Does a handmade home approach

influence how you approach

feathering your nest?

Hello Lovely at times partners
with companies I  love and think may interest you.

1. November 5, 2011 / 1:08 am

Michele, you are amazing. You always make me notice and think about things. It's wonderful. That one grouping of pictures from your home, just seems so like i would imagine it to be… filled with things that have meaning and beauty and are created in nature. Your heart shaped rocks are sooo good too. It made me think, to look around to see if you had photos of your home and i saw your Etsy, and went over. Oh my gosh Your collages are pure treasures. You are such an amazing artist and poet… wow

Cindy

2. November 5, 2011 / 2:45 am

Handmade and
    homemade is always
    BEST, in my books!
    And DON'T even get
    me started on "made
    in China…!"

xx Suzanne

3. November 5, 2011 / 5:34 am

What a thought-provoking post! So I pinned this, and also your Rachel Ashwell post. Btw, thanks for the sweet comment on my Nutella croissants post 🙂 With all your creativity, hope you can swing by and join us on Sunday at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.

4. November 5, 2011 / 1:19 pm

Handmade definitely influences our home since I'm a seamtress and make so many things. You on the other hand always get me thinking about "whatelse", thank you for that.

Enjoy your weekend Michele!
    Debra

5. November 6, 2011 / 1:50 am

I so wish I was more talented when it comes to making handmade items… I'll take some of yours any day!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

lol
    Desiree

6. November 6, 2011 / 1:19 pm

Let's put it as "Brainwash" rather than influence when it comes to me and hand made lovelies. I'm a complete hand made girl, nothing better if that can done by me.

I love your mix media collages. I entered a giveaway @ meera's, where you were giving a piece from your collection. Do you know that? I so wanted to win..lol. Greedy me.

7. November 6, 2011 / 7:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up Michele, I didn't know about this book. I have their other two books, Simple Home and Recycled Home and just love them…I'm off to the Amazon site…have a great week! Robx

8. December 23, 2012 / 1:03 am

Michele I love your ability to notice little fine details.

zane