My Home; 6 cheap chic secrets…SHHHHHH!

hellolovely-hello-lovely-studio-shabby-chic-interior-design-timeless-tranquil-european-style

Welcome to our home!

*********************************************************

Welcome! Sign up here to receive your

blog posts delivered right to your inbox.

***************************************************

Soooooo grateful to Wendy of Shabby Nest

for featuring one of my guest rooms

on her beautiful blog and

makin’ me feel so FANCY–

ooh la la, today I’m SHARING SECRETS

for how I managed to save a bundle on decor…

$$$$hhhhhh. It’ll be our little secret.

all images mine

Dollar-wise Dining.

Hallway table (48″): $69 and ugly until I painted it Benjamin Moore White Dove

Sisal rug: $20 at Target on sale, and I painted the formerly green border white.

Parsons chairs: $8 each at a tag sale.

Art: FREE. I create these panels and sell them.

Cost-less Kitchen.

Bar stools: $14 Pottery Barn knock-offs from Shopko.

Chandelier: $10. Yes! Ten bucks at Lowe’s.

Vintage table on casters: rescued from trash, $25 for wheels eBay.

Breakfast table: $99 new and u.g.l.y. in cherry wood before I painted it.

Let There Be Light-Spending.

Chandelier: $400 via eBay. It’s HUGE and dripping with femininity.

(ugh. some bulbs to change.)

Boudoir Bargaintastic.

Chaise: $200

Lamps: $30 a pop

Bench: $99

Farmhouse chair: $3 at tag sale, covered in $5 of Dupioni silk

vintage hamper: FREE for helping a friend with gardening/garage clean up.

Beer Budget Bath.

all plumbing fixtures: under $50 each via eBay.

Jacuzzi Soaking tub: $500 via eBay.

vintage Dutch cafe chair: $11 on sale at flea market.

Laundry Room of the Loot-Left-Over.

Resin shelf with dentil moulding: $5 display at Menard’s.

Thanks for joining me and celebrating my frugal finds.

*********************************************************

Pretty please…sign up here to receive your

blog posts delivered right to your inbox.

***************************************************

I would love to have you subscribe for free!

INTERIOR DESIGN

Build a Better Blog

BEAUTY/FASHION
Skincare
Fashion Designers
Clothing

1. March 30, 2011 / 4:12 pm

Wonderful photos! I love seeing quirky and beautiful images like these. Am going to follow your blog so i can enjoy more of them.

2. April 8, 2011 / 5:19 am

Just found your blog via Shabby Nest. How could I have missed it in the past? It's gorgeous as is your home! Definitely worth aspiring to. Now newest follower and subscriber.

3. April 8, 2011 / 12:25 pm

Beautiful rooms! You've done a great job with all those furniture re-do's & lighting choices!

4. April 9, 2011 / 11:55 am

fantastic…you have a truly lovely home and a real gift for spotting treasure with which to decorate it…and all my plumbing fixtures come from ebay…there is no better source…thanks so much for sharing at fridays unfolded.

blessings,

alison
    stuff and nonsense

5. April 10, 2011 / 4:11 am

Great job on a great budget!! Love those chandys!

6. April 10, 2011 / 7:27 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!!! Love your whiteness/brightness look.

7. April 11, 2011 / 3:55 am

Quite lovely. Thank you for sharing all of these great ideas. You are very creative. (-:

8. April 12, 2011 / 12:59 am

Oh how beatuiful. You have done an amazing job decorating. Love it all. Thanks for sharing. Karie

9. April 13, 2011 / 4:06 pm

You are thrifty and your home is stunning in it's white simplicity.

10. April 13, 2011 / 6:53 pm

Your home is gorgeous, I love your kitchen! Popping in from White Wednesday and am now following you:)

11. April 13, 2011 / 7:50 pm

Can't believe that you decorated on a bargain! Love everything, Thanks for sharing….
    Cheryl

12. April 13, 2011 / 8:43 pm

found you by way of faded charms' WW! OMG! am i ever glad i did! your home is simply amaaazing! j'adore your frugal chic decor! sigh….

13. April 14, 2011 / 1:22 pm

Wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous home!!! Love all the white! The bed is so pretty and that huge chandelier is amazing!!!
    Michelle

14. April 14, 2011 / 6:28 pm

My goodness, your house is beautiful, you've done some amazing transformations!

15. April 15, 2011 / 3:22 pm

Oh wow…I love your home! You are a clever lady with your great deals and beautiful decor. Adore all the white. Diane

16. April 15, 2011 / 4:13 pm

oh, its all sooooo beautiful!!! great job!

17. April 15, 2011 / 4:16 pm

Thanks for the tour. I love the kitchen and the chandy for 10 looks super. Another favorite is that hall table and sisal rug.

18. April 15, 2011 / 5:35 pm

What a beautiful home! I love the entry table. And your bedroom furniture set is pretty. Is that white or off white? We're thinking of changing our bedroom furniture and I like your look.
    So many lovely photos. Thanks for sharing, glad I found you.

19. April 15, 2011 / 9:57 pm

awesome job! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that shops at eBay for all her plumbing and most of our light fixtures. Have a great weekend and happy Show 'n Tell Friday.

20. April 16, 2011 / 12:26 am

You are frugal queen of beauty! Love your style!

21. April 16, 2011 / 1:32 pm

I love your house and your thrift! Pretty doesn't have to be expensive!!

22. April 17, 2011 / 3:25 am

I absolutely adore your home- it is just gorgeous! Love so many things about it ~ and your frugalistic style is fantastic!! Thanks for sharing at FNF! ๐Ÿ™‚

23. April 17, 2011 / 2:05 pm

These photo's are beautiful I am blown away by the ten dollar chandelier at lowes!
    Sherry

24. April 17, 2011 / 11:48 pm

Michele, I love your blog! I'm going to be your newest follower. Your kitchen and chandelier (really only $10 at Lowes?) and the dining room – oh my word – just gorgeous! Stop by and visit my blog anytime!

Michelle

25. April 18, 2011 / 12:01 am

You have a beautiful and inspiring home. Just goes to show that there are great deals to be had. I am your newest follower and I am off to see more of your blog.

26. April 18, 2011 / 2:48 am

Beautiful home! I absolutely LOVE the chandeliers!

27. April 18, 2011 / 2:24 pm

Oh wow… I think we are going to be fast friends! LOVE your home and that everything was found for a bargain, you're my kinda girl! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm featuring this post on my Flaunt it Friday features, please stop by and grab an "I was featured" button if you'd like. Thanks for linking up!

28. April 19, 2011 / 2:23 pm

GORGEOUS!!!! I have always dreamed of owning a home with a staircase that comes into the kitchen!โ™ฅ Love all the white- I am dying to paint my kitchen! thanks so much for sharing this and your other fab projects at Transformations and Treasures!

29. April 19, 2011 / 2:56 pm

YOU ARE AMAZING! Congrats on your unbelievable saving skills and a truly beautiful home :o)

30. April 19, 2011 / 3:44 pm

Want to trade houses? LOL You have done a beautiful job with your home. I like how you've found treasures that are affordable. It's very inspiring to see what you can do on a budget. Love the mirror and hydrangeas in the Loo!

Have a great day!
    ~Michelle

31. April 20, 2011 / 1:23 am

Such a beautiful home you have. I just love all of the white. And you of those great bargains, I just love those chandeliers.
    Marianne ๐Ÿ™‚

32. April 20, 2011 / 1:57 am

Such a gorgeous home! Wonderful finds…so jealous! ๐Ÿ™‚ In a good way…!

33. April 21, 2011 / 2:45 pm

Your home is beautiful!!! But, with 13 grandchildren, this mawmaw is terified of white! lol

34. April 21, 2011 / 6:52 pm

Holy Moly girl!! I'm in LOVE and amazed and all that good stuff. Wish I could feature you again this week…my own rule that I can't feature the same blog more than once every couple of months. Spread the love, you know?

But your home is stunning and I'm soooo impressed by your frugal decorating. That's what it's all about, my friend.

35. April 22, 2011 / 10:34 pm

no need to be terrified of white, mawmaw. i grew up with white and have two active sons. if it gets dirty, you notice so you clean it right up as opposed to nasty stains hiding in prints and darker colors for YEARS.

36. April 23, 2011 / 6:03 pm

Oh, I love this! So fresh and clean feeling! You've found great finds!
    Sharlotte

37. April 26, 2011 / 12:17 pm

Your house is so beautiful! Love everything you've done! I'm following you from My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia.

38. April 26, 2011 / 1:11 pm

OK.. You Rock.. love the way everything turned out don't you just love when you find things cheap or free… your blog is lovely can't wait to see more.Your newest follower.

Pattie
    The Shabby Chick

39. April 26, 2011 / 7:20 pm

Hi Michele! How did I ever miss your beautiful blog and your totally amazing home??? I just found you through Kristin at Uncommon Slice of Suburbia — and I'm so glad I did! ๐Ÿ™‚ Your home leaves me speechless, and I love your thrifty decor ideas! I'm now your newest follower! ๐Ÿ™‚

xoxo laurie

40. April 26, 2011 / 8:17 pm

how did i miss this?! your home is crazy beautiful!
    how did the tub get delivered from ebay?
    $10 chandelier…what?! BEST. BARGAIN. EVER.

41. April 26, 2011 / 8:58 pm

Great finds and thanks for sharing your resources!
    I think I need to find a JCP outlet here soon!!!
    Love your barstools and the white chaise and scroll-y lamp… so pretty!
    Your chandelier is gorgeous!!!
    Love the whites…could so live in your house. Just need to subtract my muddy dogs, and kids and probably my messy hubby! LOL
    xx
    Alison

42. April 26, 2011 / 9:09 pm

BEAUTIFUL, beautiful home!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe some of your bARGAINS!!! That $10.00 chandy is awesome!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for sharing all this! XO, Pinky Would love for you to stop by my blog sometime:)

43. April 27, 2011 / 1:00 am

Oh my what a gorgeous house you have! You have definately given me some inspiration for my home!

44. May 2, 2011 / 10:48 pm

Your home is absolutely stunning! You did an amazing job decorating. Thanks for sharing your secrets!

45. May 23, 2011 / 4:03 pm

Where did you get the mirror Above the bathtub and entry way?

46. May 23, 2011 / 10:53 pm

What a beautiful home you have! Your kitchen is 2die4!! take care, Maryann

47. June 11, 2011 / 2:03 pm

Thanks for following me! I like how you were able to save money decorating and still have the look you were going for.

I love your chandeliers and your light and bright beautiful home. I would also love to know where your found the mirrors in the entry hall and the bath. Thanks!

Dee
    Your new follower

48. July 1, 2011 / 12:06 pm

So pretty….soft and romantic. I am such a white person also…every room in my house is painted BM white dove! AND…my floors also. I love how you repurposed, but spent where it counts…the chandelier in the DR! Great job.

49. July 25, 2011 / 12:45 am

Holy crap, i never saw this part of your blog… this is amazing, wonderful, awesome, gorgeous… and i LOVE the prices and the titles!

Cindy

50. August 2, 2011 / 5:27 am

It such a wonderful photos. I was really amazed with entire area specially the chandelier and the bedroom. White color was really stunning. You did a great job. Big thanks and keep posting.

Charles A

51. Anonymous
    September 23, 2011 / 5:56 pm

You have done an AMAZING job! Certainly looks like you spent alot more than you did. Where did you find your bed? I'm looking for something similar. Thanks, Maureen mb99999@yahoo.com

52. September 28, 2011 / 1:01 am

Gorgeous rooms! Light, fresh, clean – it's all beautiful. Delighted to have found your lovely blog! Cindy

53. September 29, 2011 / 4:46 am

Gorgeous~ loving your rooms on budgets!! Everything is so beautiful~ love your style!Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! ๐Ÿ™‚

54. August 7, 2012 / 3:46 am

I love all the white!! And your thrifty finds are amazing~job well done!